PDA

View Full Version : Tool stores fopr cheap tools....

jfman
12-24-2006, 01:37 AM
Anybody knows about stores in the Gwinnett area where I can find cheap tools.?

The only one I know of is harborfreight (http://harborfreight) on the corner of US29 and Indian trail.

HEATON
12-24-2006, 02:29 AM
You get what you pay for!!

R.Kelly
12-24-2006, 02:31 AM
if you plan on using them in the long run, go with snap on or blue point or craftsman

Evil Goat
12-24-2006, 08:21 AM
alot of harbor freights tool are remasked rebuilt national brands

i worked for a company that bought a heavy duty concrete drill from harbor freight b/c we only needed it once, ended up using that sumbitch 2-3 times a week and it worked perfect the entire time i was there

and ive been using a HF 3/8 impact wrench for over 5 years now, oil it every time i use it and ive never had a problem with it

TeeJay
12-24-2006, 08:24 AM
HARBOR FREIGHT is the dadgum shit man

quickdodgeŽ
12-24-2006, 08:56 AM
You get what you pay for!!

Not always.

I bought a 27" flat-screen TV from Wal-Mart for $160 about 4 years ago. It's a Symphonic brand. I don't know if that TV has been turned off 10 times in since I got it. Video games and everything. Still works like brand new to the day.

My car stereo system for the last 4 years, also, has been complete Jensen. I transferred it from my Neon to my Buick a year and a half ago and it still does it's thing. Paid a total of $200 for the amp, subs, HU, satellite tuner, wiring, and factory replacements.

I believe it has a lot to do with how you take care of your product. Later, QD.

5thgcelica
12-24-2006, 09:00 AM
harborfreight is the only one i know of, other than craftsman.
HF has some decent stuff, ive got several things from them, and they are still holding in there, however some of the stuff has broken. its just all in how much you use it and how well you take care of it.

but the snap on stuff is pretty. lol.

koukis14
12-24-2006, 09:20 AM
I have about 20k in Snap On and Mac tools, most of it is Snap on. Craftsman is fine for people that work on thier car at home, do projects, hell even motor swaps and restoring a car. Snap On hand tools are so expensive because they are the best hand tools you can buy. They are built to withstand being used for 8 hours a day, in a shop. Snap on wrenches and sockets fit better and round off less nuts and bolts. I have been using my Snap On 3/8s inpact for 6 years every day and it still works perfect. Snap on tools are built with denser metals. I have bent matco wrenches, and exploded the guts of a husky ratchet. For do it yourself stuff Craftsman is your best bet. I have broken Craftsman sockets, with a breaker bar and a jack handle. But they will replace it no questions asked. To this date the only snap on tool I have broken is a drop light.

SampaGuy
12-24-2006, 05:59 PM
most harbor freight tools have life time replacement too from what i remember

jfman
12-26-2006, 12:49 AM
So nothing that compares to harbor freight as far as selestion and price goezs...