PDA

View Full Version : Subs not working?

Mangrum
12-23-2006, 10:49 PM
i have the amp and everything wired and ran but for some reason the subs are not hitting at all.. i have the power ran to the amp, the ground, the remote wire, and the speakers all wired in but still will not hit. anyone that has had a similar problem what coudl this be?

redgst97
12-23-2006, 10:53 PM
The amp is turning on? You did not mention RCA cables...do you have them also?

Is it possible you subs are out-of-phase? Meaning + and - are reversed from 1 sub to the other

Just a few thoughts...

John

Flip
12-23-2006, 10:56 PM
The amp is turning on? You did not mention RCA cables...do you have them also?

Is it possible you subs are out-of-phase? Meaning + and - are reversed from 1 sub to the other

Just a few thoughts...

John

this would not keep the subs from making noise tho...

if theyre just not loud at all then this may be the case tho...

if they aren't making noise at all look other places like the remote wire... if the amp is not turning on try bridging a wire from the +12 to the remote and see if the amp turns on. if so then your remote is not sending the amp the signal to turn on...

Mangrum
12-23-2006, 10:59 PM
this would not keep the subs from making noise tho...

if theyre just not loud at all then this may be the case tho...

if they aren't making noise at all look other places like the remote wire... if the amp is not turning on try bridging a wire from the +12 to the remote and see if the amp turns on. if so then your remote is not sending the amp the signal to turn on...

i think this might be the problem because everything is wired right but the amps power light is not on. so how do i fix that?

Flip
12-23-2006, 11:17 PM
i think this might be the problem because everything is wired right but the amps power light is not on. so how do i fix that?

You may have your remote wire connected to the incorrect wire behind your head unit. You need to get the wiring diagram for your head unit's wiring harness, find out which wire it says it is, then find a multimeter and test the wire (touch the red or positive tester to the wire, then the black or negative to a ground wire or to the chasis of the car) and switch between the car being off and on. The wire should read 0 when the car is off and close to +12 when the car is on.

b@d @pple
12-24-2006, 06:52 AM
you could start by not doing shit by yourself if you dont have the slightest clue what your doing

Mangrum
12-24-2006, 02:40 PM
you could start by not doing shit by yourself if you dont have the slightest clue what your doing

haha.. yea dude your funny since its working now! its not that i didnt know what i was doing i ran into a problem so maybe you got the money to go pay someone to do it. but i dont but its good now so you can STFU.

BanginJimmy
12-24-2006, 04:16 PM
The problem you ran into was that you had it hooked up wrong. Sounds to me like you dont know what your doing.

Mangrum
12-24-2006, 04:27 PM
no it wasnt that it was hooked up wrong. i spliced the remote wire into the yellow wire because in most the headunits i have worked on the yellow wire has always been the antenna wire. but in this headunit it was blue so i just spliced in into the wrong wire. everythign else was fine.

ruffriderGA
12-24-2006, 10:10 PM
yeah the remote wire is usually blue, actually on most headunits i've messed with so far there's a tag on the blue wire that says "REM WIRE" right on it. good to hear you got it working though

BanginJimmy
12-24-2006, 10:18 PM
I've personally never seen a head unit that the remote wasnt either blue or blue/white. Yellow is usually acc.

oh and if splicing into the wrong wire is not called hooking it up wrong then what is?

ruffriderGA
12-24-2006, 10:31 PM
oh and if splicing into the wrong wire is not called hooking it up wrong then what is?

he has to learn somehow i guess :rolleyes: good thing nothing got fried or anything

sina518
12-24-2006, 10:33 PM
haha.. yea dude your funny since its working now! its not that i didnt know what i was doing i ran into a problem so maybe you got the money to go pay someone to do it. but i dont but its good now so you can STFU.

i see that that you have meet badapple. hahaha i love how ppl gets pissed off. get used to that dude its the internet. i promice you wont say that to his face

Flip
12-30-2006, 03:11 AM
no it wasnt that it was hooked up wrong. i spliced the remote wire into the yellow wire because in most the headunits i have worked on the yellow wire has always been the antenna wire. but in this headunit it was blue so i just spliced in into the wrong wire. everythign else was fine.

glad you figured it out

b@d @pple
12-30-2006, 07:49 AM
jimmy whn is yellow acc.and not battery..

5thgcelica
12-30-2006, 09:42 AM
blue is damn near always the remot, and yellow is usually the battery.

DJ XtRaKŠ
12-30-2006, 09:57 PM

baaaaaaahahahhaha....oh man...that was bad ass i cant believe i just now saw this.

thats why they have invented people like us (installers)!!!!

Eimaj
12-31-2006, 05:21 AM
Everybody started somewhere.