PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

ksinao
12-22-2006, 09:23 PM
alright, im fairly new to fucking around with cars, so this could be a retarted question...

for the price what is better, a full exhaust or a catback. i know that if money isnt a question a full would be better, but is it worth it to buy a full one, or would a catback suffice?

imbosile
12-22-2006, 09:26 PM
either way you really won't notice much of a gain, full of course will give you the biggest gains over a catback, but either way the results won't blow you away

JstAneon
12-22-2006, 09:34 PM
In a turbo car, you will definetely notice a nice gain in power from a full exhaust. NA cars, not quite as noticable.

bluuuurr
12-22-2006, 09:40 PM
When you say full exhaust, it makes me think cat-back... but yeah, usually when domestic guys say full exhaust, it's from the headers all the way back with no catalytic convertors. If you have an import I'm going to assume it's not 20 years old, so if you live in an emissions county, your screwed.

Catback would probably be what you want. Or if your short on cash, a muffler with some custom muffler shop piping will usually give you the same results.