PDA

View Full Version : obd-1 b16a in obd-0 civic ? .. .. help.

SE-Rious©
12-21-2006, 11:36 PM
i had a b18a1 in my civic and now swapping the j-spec gen2 b16a i came across a few problems.my b18a1 had 3 sensors on the back of the block.the b16a has only 2(one being a knock sensor) what and how am i suppose to work this out ? my car is mpfi and still running obd-0 ecu's.i have searched and still no info on this.any help is appreciated.:goodjob: i honestly have no clue where to go and the sensor ordeal is the only thing stopping my swap from going in.

Dudeman
12-21-2006, 11:54 PM
convert it to obd0 and disable the knock when you have a chip burned. if you want i have an obd0 dizzy for b16

SE-Rious©
12-22-2006, 07:31 AM
well we have a obd-0 vtec ecu w/knock.but thats not the problem.and how much for your distributor ?.. the b18a1 has 3 sensors 2 of them the b16a does not have on the block.there is a spot for one and i was told the other sensor is on the thermostat housing.still need some help.

Dudeman
12-22-2006, 12:03 PM
make me an offer and we can go from there on the dizzy. as far as the sesnors, one is for the fans (on mine which was obd0 and i converted to obd1) that isnt as big a deal bc you can wire around that or you can extend the wire and connector to it, if you want to go this route i have an obd1 connector for it and i need an obd0 connector. umm ill try and remember what the others were.

SE-Rious©
12-24-2006, 03:07 PM
now the car sputters when throttle is used.no CEL or anything but throttle sucks completely going up or down.im told a second O2 is needed ? who knows i don't.we have knock,vtec solenoid,oil pressure switch all wired up.the obd-0 vtec ecu.but the car just surges up and down slightly and has no acceleration what so ever.can anyone help ?