PDA

View Full Version : jetta gli mods help

looking4car
12-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Hey guys i just got a jetta gli I was thinking about moding it i just dont know what i would wana do? I would like to make it a good bit faster and some interior work i dono. If you guys had a grey chracoal jetta gli what modifications would you make?

Kyle
12-21-2006, 02:43 PM
So you bought it? Awesome. Also you already made this post and I already told you good mods. So I say you just post some pictures.

rollininstyle2004
12-21-2006, 03:45 PM
1st mod for the 1.8T should ALWAYS be a chip. Check out the sticky for GIAC, best bang for the buck mod out there. Then upgraded DV, Intake, Downpipe, and Exhaust. Those are the main bolt ons. It will be a good bit faster with all that stuff. After that you could go with a bigger turbo, but i would start with the basics and see if that satisfies you. :)

What do you want for the interior? Didnt the GLI already come with aluminum accents and Recaros?

Kyle
12-21-2006, 07:27 PM
A diverter valve.

gtikid
12-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Are you serious?! You really wanna modify the interior? The interior of the gli is already sick as hell. Like EVERYONE else has already posted, 1.8t, chip it right away. That should be the first mod. Don't waste your time trying to get an intake or an exhaust before a chip. It's really like night and day.

gtikid
12-21-2006, 10:30 PM
A diverter valve is the euro blow off valve...same shit except it shoots boost back into the intake so that it reads boost, or else your car is gonna go crazy :crazy:

DeutscheBAG!
12-22-2006, 12:54 AM
1st mod for the 1.8T should ALWAYS be a chip. Check out the sticky for GIAC, best bang for the buck mod out there. Then upgraded DV, Intake, Downpipe, and Exhaust. Those are the main bolt ons. It will be a good bit faster with all that stuff. After that you could go with a bigger turbo, but i would start with the basics and see if that satisfies you. :)

What do you want for the interior? Didnt the GLI already come with aluminum accents and Recaros?

on point

and to add to that list, grab a turbo inlet pipe while your at it..much much better airflow and throttle response

Allstar3.8T
12-22-2006, 07:38 AM
If I were you I'd buy my dearched/shaved plat gray jetta 4 hood so you can run a smooth/badgeless grille w/o the goofy hump on the hood.
I'll take $125! needs nothing but a lil wax.

Allstar3.8T
12-22-2006, 07:40 AM
My hood, then chip, then downpipe, cat back exhaust and maybe an Injen intake. Wait for the DV to crap out before waisting $ on that...its $200 you can put towards another program on you chip!!
(Of course H&R cup kit is in there somewhere, GLIs are still a lil high IMO.

Jecht
12-22-2006, 09:45 AM
I would say these
1. Chip
2. Exhaust
3. Coilovers
4. Wheels

rollininstyle2004
12-23-2006, 02:21 AM
My hood, then chip, then downpipe, cat back exhaust and maybe an Injen intake. Wait for the DV to crap out before waisting $ on that...its $200 you can put towards another program on you chip!!
(Of course H&R cup kit is in there somewhere, GLIs are still a lil high IMO.
He could just pick up the TT225 DV from an audi dealership for around $35.