PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta drift events get schooled - MB>ATL

Doppelgänger
12-20-2006, 07:59 AM
A couple compilation vids from this weekends drift event in Myrtle Beach. Got to do Tandem run (mandatory for Top 8), passengers allowed (had to pay extra), fun runs after the competition and drifting on a banked oval where Sammy and Marcos TORE that shit up..... tried it for myself for the first time and now im hooked. Not to mention the track layout was fluckin kick ass.

Now we need to get stuff like this in ATL... at least the tandem.... and there is Senoia Speedway for the banked stuff.

Anyway.... here are the vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI2Z_oHfa0E&eurl=

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6534277108828655993&q=myrtle+beach+drift&hl=en

NoPainT
12-20-2006, 08:07 AM
Good shit!!

JennB
12-20-2006, 09:00 AM
Ahem! And who got to take a ride on the oval? Hmmmm...??

And if anyone here happens to be on my Myspace, I have vids on there as well. Just click on the videos link or anyone can go to the videos page and search "myrtle beach speedway"

Marty
12-20-2006, 09:15 AM
You want to pay for the extra insurance then Mike?

Go ahead be our guest......then you can tandem....

Marty
12-20-2006, 09:17 AM
You know too, if you ever checked or payed attention.....

http://www.dgtrials.com/forms/tandem_petition.pdf

JennB
12-20-2006, 09:22 AM
No one was being negative. No reason for it. Just that it would be pretty cool if Atlanta was able to have stuff like this.

It was a very fun event and that's that.

Marty
12-20-2006, 09:26 AM
yeah man... that event puts pretty much everything that has gone in the atl to shame....

That's positive? We don't need to have events here.....

JennB
12-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Maybe I just don't read things that way. I see it more of a shame that we don't have a facility anywhere like this in Atlanta. We're such a huge city with so much interest in events but we just don't happen to have a big giant banked oval speedway available.

I'm from SC so I don't at all mind going there for events, I get to see my family and familiar places. I hope a lot more people will be able to make that very long drive to enjoy the events though because they have one hell of a venue and a lot of very welcoming and enthusiastic people there.

Doppelgänger
12-20-2006, 09:47 AM
You know too, if you ever checked or payed attention.....

http://www.dgtrials.com/forms/tandem_petition.pdf

I dont have a .pdf reader on my laptop, but by the name, i can see what it iss... more power to DG for that.

Doppelgänger
12-20-2006, 09:52 AM
That's positive? We don't need to have events here.....

:blah: :blah: :blah:

So.... its only my opinion, no need to get all up in a wad over it.

As for the insurance, i dont know how it works, frankly, i dont care. But its nice to go somewhere and pay $50 and get to do all that, something that really hasnt happened here.

down_shift
12-20-2006, 10:32 PM
No one was being negative.
ummm yeah whats the title of this thread?
Atlanta drift events get schooled - MB>ATL

Glad MB had a great event. Make one happen at Senoia. Stop ragging on other peoples events.

Doppelgänger
12-21-2006, 07:37 AM
holy shit, people take things wrong... gotts love people who distort things to make it sound how they want it to sound. Atl events are great, this one just had more to offer this time making it slightly better then most the atl events.

and since when did some of the people posting on here even give a shit about my opinion??

Doppelgänger
12-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Make one happen at Senoia.

Wish it could happen, but probably wont have a normal event there. Seriously, a LOT of people would be on the walls there... its a tough cookie for sure and theres no room in the infield to do anything at the moment :( I dont even think i'd try the banks there....

down_shift
12-21-2006, 10:38 PM
holy shit, people take things wrong... gotts love people who distort things to make it sound how they want it to sound.

Maybe you honestly weren't trying to be negative but it does come across that way. Mike what about watermelon speedway?

Doppelgänger
12-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Maybe you honestly weren't trying to be negative but it does come across that way. Mike what about watermelon speedway?

Maybe, in my over excitement :(

Hehehehe, well, it might take a bit of planning, but, i think we could hold an event on The 'Melon....i dont know if the parkinglot at the end of 285 will support all of us though :crazy:

IamJacksAE86
12-22-2006, 09:05 AM
I think I would have to agree with Mike about this. I've done a MB event before and it was really fun. 50 bucks and you get a lot of seat time and the people are pretty cool as well. MB has a little drift event every wednesday(i think its wednesday), do you realize how bad ass that is????? A event every fucking week, and it only cost 20 bucks to do so. I would love to do that, jesus.

I love the DG events, that has been my favorite event so far.

Senoia is not for everyone.

Z33_kid
12-22-2006, 12:10 PM
thats so kewl

TheGameReapa
01-02-2007, 01:20 AM
cool

Cool Cat GTR
01-02-2007, 01:31 PM
How was the safety at MB?

Flip
01-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Sweet videos man! Great choice for the song :). Tranceport is such a great cd!!!! :-D

Doppelgänger
01-03-2007, 07:33 AM
How was the safety at MB?Safety concerns were well covered at the event: No media on track, but there were plenty of safe places to take media from... behind walls and guardrails to get pretty much any good shot, some were even allowed on top of one of the infield buildings to take pics and vids. Cars were spaced out with plenty of room so there would be no close calls and when cone chasers had to do their job, there were no cars on track. The only "concern" i saw was people sitting with their legs over the pit wall onto the "hot" area... anything inside the pit wall (where the cars were not staged, as seen in the vid) was considered the track. Standard safety equipment was required as usual, helmet and seatbelt. I think part of the reason it went so smooth was the fact that there were only 20-something cars there though.

As for car safety, there are a few areas to stay away from. There was a guard rail on the outside of turn one that if someone wasn't paying attention or going all out, could be easily found with a bumper. The wall seperating the pit from the track *could* be another thing... . but all in all, its no more "risky" then the poles at turner field to a safe driver.

JennB
01-03-2007, 10:57 AM
The owner of the track did tell a few people to get their legs off of the side of the wall. I got the impression he is quite concerned with safety as he seems to have a lot of experience with this stuff. I think a few more signs or announcements asking people not to do that anymore and it wouldn't be an issue. But the cars never came anywhere close to the walls.

Cool Cat GTR
01-03-2007, 01:02 PM
That's good to hear. News travels fast when it's bad and the few other incidents that have occurred over the recent past have a number of potential venues eliminated due to perceived safety risks. I'm a firm supporter of drifting and injuries of any kind can really put a damper on growing the sport. To all involved, Georgia has a great opportunity with drifting. Organizers as well as participants have a responsibility to keep everyone safe. Safety alone will be the rise or fall of this sport in our area and we all need to keep that in mind. Thanks!

Marty
01-03-2007, 02:34 PM
IIRC someone has already hit a wall there....

Doppelgänger
01-03-2007, 03:34 PM
no one did when we were there, but a few came close to the guard rail in the infield. But its a risk everyone knows when they enter the track. I'd rather hit a wall then people/other cars though.

Cool Cat GTR
01-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Thing is, when potential venue owners hear about bad stuff, they say no when asked if their facility can be rented. Classic case in point, South Georgia Motorsports Park made it emphatically clear that no drifting would be done their anymore. Great facility with tons of asphalt. It's a perfect place but I was told that no matter how much money was offerred, the answer would still be NO. That's straight from the mouth of the owner(s). That's the same venue that welcomes the SCCA to autocross there every month. I asked why and the answer was because it's unsafe. In my opinion that's because of his perception of historical events. Anyway, when people get hit or cars hit parts of the facility, the rumor mill is going to run wild and bad publicity ensues. I am curious if anyone that runs these events has ever been certified as a Safety Steward and do they have a team of trained deputies to assure everyones safety. It's a simple process to get that designation and shows safety culture. I'm not one that makes a big deal about many things but in todays world, you have to cover the details. I would be more than willing to donate my time and experience to any event to help generate positive feelings toward the sport.

down_shift
01-03-2007, 05:35 PM
unsafe? Thats all they said? There has to be more to that story.

Big Baller
01-03-2007, 05:42 PM
How was the safety at MB?

That was a bitch ass cheap shot and you know it, just like Mikes whole thread. It just amazing how petty the drifting community is.

Fucking Lame

Cool Cat GTR
01-03-2007, 06:33 PM
That was a bitch ass cheap shot and you know it, just like Mikes whole thread. It just amazing how petty the drifting community is.

Fucking Lame

Dude, I have no idea who you are nor do I care but I'm serious about the issue. And it's a big issue. My livelihood depends on enthusiasts being able to enjoy their chosen automotive interest. Drifting in Georgia, in it's short existence, has done an excellent job building amatuer enthusiasm and all I want is to see it prosper. How is me publicly stating the obvious a "bitch ass cheap shot"? Safety cannot be compromised. Expect the unexpected. I am trying very hard to establish more opportunities for the sport. It's hard enough to find venues for spirited automotive events as it is without having to defend safety shortcomings of the past. That's all I'm saying and I don't regret anything I have previously posted. Just Be Safe!!!

Big Baller
01-03-2007, 07:05 PM
AND HERE WE GO

Dude, I have no idea who you are nor do I care

Hi I'm Matt

but I'm serious about the issue.

No if you were serious about the issue you would be doing something about it besides running you're mouth in this thread.

And it's a big issue.

It is a big issue almost as big an issue as people running their mouths, which seems to be hurting drifting more than the safety issues.

How is me publicly stating the obvious a "bitch ass cheap shot"?

Because it was a cheap shot at Maximum Angle and you know it was, you're not man enough to just call somebody out you have to hide it in a cute little statement like that.

Safety cannot be compromised.

You know that's the really stupid thing about drifting, safety is compromised everywhere, from roll cage design, to fire systems, to clothing, to helmets, to Hans devices. Not only that but you have the pros hanging out the fucking windows of the cars, now do you really think that's a good fucking idea. No its not. So as you can see Safety can be compromised.

Expect the unexpected.

If the Unexpected was expected then it would be expected but thanks for that awesome cliche

I am trying very hard to establish more opportunities for the sport.

Please feel free to list examples

It's hard enough to find venues for spirited automotive events as it is without having to defend safety shortcomings of the past.

There are safety shortcomings please don't refer to them as past.

That's all I'm saying and I don't regret anything I have previously posted. Just Be Safe!!!

You should really put more thought into this whole safety thing. I'll be happy to show you some properly prepped road-race cars if you would like. Be careful when you throw shit in the fan you never know where its gonna go.

Youre good buddy

Matt

Tracy
01-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Hrmmmmm. This is an interesting thread. Some good discussion going on in here. I watched this thing on Fox the other day. Like "worlds deadliest crashes" or something like that. It has this photographer standing out in the middle of the rally course. He got hit by a car coming around the corner. They carted him off the track and kept on with the race. Funny thing is...rally racing still exists. Go figure.

Then there was this one time that I remember at a huge event I was at. There was K-rail and fences and everything! It was crazy stuff! 2 cars were tandem drifting and one of them hit the k-rail.....thing must have moved about 20 feet. It pushed the fence down and ended up falling on a few folks. Funnything is, they still have drifting at the facility to this day. In fact, I drifted there this year. It's amazing how they understood that sometimes things happen and that's why you have insurance....and in almost every case, waivers.

Let's not get it twisted people. Safety is definately an issue. There are things that happen that aren't always in one's control. People learn from those things and move on. I take this quote from one of my pals on another forum regarding saftey at motorsports events

"but what happens when a drag car crashes and gets into the crowd? What happens when a Nascar car does the same? They try to make the cars and the facilities safer, not place blame on the sanctioning body or the driver for not doing enough? Just look back to Dale Earnhardts death at Daytona. Everyone remember that? Now the guys at Hans are millionaires because most sanctioning bodies make the HANS device mandatory in the faster classes or circuits. Accidents are horrible, but unfortunately in motorsports they are a necassary evil. Without accidents, there would be no progression in safety and safety standards for motorsports. Sad but true."

See you guys in MB next weekend. We'll be there to hand out some licenses. Hopefully we'll see y'all at the events we have scheduled at the tracks we have lined up next year. Not one of the track owners that I spoke with in nearly every state East of the Mississippi ever expressed a single concern about drifting. In fact, everyone was pretty excited.

a video for you to enjoy. I'll see if I can find more in passing ;)
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/246056/photographer_hit_by_a_race_car/
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/357877/mazda_hits_a_cameraman/

whoops. No barrier. I wonder if insurance requires it or if the photographer is out there at his own risk?
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/92583/rally_lucky_photographer/

I wonder if these sports are doomed because of an accident?

JennB
01-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Honestly, I think drifting must be statistically safer that pretty much all other motorsports. I mean how many serious injuries or deaths have happened over the years? I watch a good bit of racing, from Rally to F1 and anything in between and I see cars go flying and announcers saying "That was a bad crash, hope he's okay". Sure, lots of torn up cars in drifting but everyone is okay in the end.

It seems like a lot of people do think it's dangerous though. Maybe it has some stupid stigma attached to it.. who knows. I have wondered if some places were not to fond of drifting because of the potential property damage or just because they didn't know what it was.

And I think it's pretty rare that it's the fault of an event organizer if an accident happens. Everyone signs releases and makes their own decisions. When you take you car to the track, you know it's your responsibility and if it gets destroyed, it's yours to fix. Same goes with being a spectator. Anyone who knows about racing history know that just watching a race can get you hurt (1955 Le Mans, etc.). .. if you want to be 100% safe, stay back. Nothing in life is perfectly safe, people fall and die in the shower every day.

I'm not too well versed in the full history of drift events in GA since I haven't lived here all that long... but the events I've attended in the midwest and the west coast have all gone off with no injuries. Sure, lots of hanging bumpers, but that's about it. The thing is to learn from the very few bad things and move on.

Tracy
01-03-2007, 07:49 PM
O damn, how come everytime I post....the thread slows down. I have to go home. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

down_shift
01-03-2007, 08:29 PM
HANS devices and fire systems? You can not seriously expect that at a Grass Roots level. I think only major national series could feasibley make mandates like that. I also believe that drifting is one of the safest forms of motorsports.

Big Baller
01-03-2007, 08:41 PM
HANS devices and fire systems? You can not seriously expect that at a Grass Roots level. I think only major national series could feasibley make mandates like that. I also believe that drifting is one of the safest forms of motorsports.

See this is exactly what I'm talking about, do you know how many guys show up at track days with Hans devices, they aren't required, Ill have one next month and my subaru(my street car) will have a fire suppression system. They just aren't that expensive.

Also Nasa says
Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: It is expected that use of a head and neck restraint system or device, meeting SFI 38.1 will may become mandatory for all road race series as soon as January 1st, 2007.

That's as grassroots as it gets, drifting has to grow up and start taking some responsibility.

Edit,

Honestly Tandem is wheel to wheel racing and the cages that are required are a freaking joke, this shit is serious people can die doing this you do get that right.

Tracy
01-03-2007, 08:42 PM
HANS devices and fire systems? ........
Hun, you totally missed the point. Lol. The point is accidents happen. When they do safety progresses so they don't happen again. The other point is, sports don't die because of accidents. Nascar is just a universal, mainstream example of that.

And to answer a question posed about safety certifications. Dan is SFI certified ;) He was a tech director for the NDRA. I can't speak for anyone else that coordinates events but....he is.

Big Baller
01-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Guys, if you don't see a need for this saftey equipment I suggest you really sit back and take a look at things, 400hp 2200lb cars doing 120+ mph side by side sliding. Someone is going to get t-boned at some point.

down_shift
01-03-2007, 08:48 PM
That wasn't directed at all to you Tracy. I totally agree with your post. Accidents are tragic and we should all strive to eliminate any unnessacary risk, BUT they do unfortunatley happen. I was referring to BigBallers prior post.

BTLFED
01-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I soooo wanna get in on this conversation but I am keeping my mouth shut so I don't hurt stupid people's feelings.

In to watch, though.

down_shift
01-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Guys, if you don't see a need for this saftey equipment I suggest you really sit back and take a look at things, 400hp 2200lb cars doing 120+ mph side by side sliding. Someone is going to get t-boned at some point.

Thats not grass roots drifting. That is top national level competition. There is a big difference between a grass roots and Formula D. The saftey requirments have to be made with budget and risk associated with that particular level of competition. You don't see SCCA requiring people fresh to auto-x to prep their cars for road racing. local events are more similar to auto-x than Formula d. And when locals have tandems the saftey requirments DO increase. Cage requirments, prior experience, etc.

Tracy
01-03-2007, 08:56 PM
That wasn't directed at all to you Tracy. I totally agree with your post. Accidents are tragic and we should all strive to eliminate any unnessacary risk, BUT they do unfortunatley happen. I was referring to
BigBallers prior post.

I'm on the sidekick. It's slow. Hard for me to keep up. I'm not upset :) I hope I didn't come across that way :) I will really stop posting now since I can't keep up on this thing.

Big Baller
01-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Thats not grass roots drifting. That is top national level competition. There is a big difference between a grass roots and Formula D. The saftey requirments have to be made with budget and risk associated with that particular level of competition. local events are more similar to auto-x than Formula d. And when locals have tandems the saftey requirments DO increase. Cage requirments, prior experience, etc.

Nasa road racing is as grass roots as it gets and they are going to be requiring head and neck restraint systems soon,

Here's a little reality check for you because you don't get it.

Coil-overs $1000 dollars

Hans Device $900 dollars

Now which one will keep you from dying.

Super JDM Wheels x 2 drifter style yo $600 dollars

Fire Suppression System $550 dollars

Which one would you rather have.

If you want to die its you're business

down_shift
01-03-2007, 09:08 PM
so you feel auto-x cars should be road race prepped too?

Big Baller
01-03-2007, 09:10 PM
so you feel auto-x cars should be road race prepped too?

No I feel autox is stupid and that all autoxers should be killed on site. AutoX is not wheel to wheel

BTLFED
01-03-2007, 09:51 PM
No I feel autox is stupid and that all autoxers should be killed on site. AutoX is not wheel to wheel

OMG I'm going to change my sig again! :lmfao:

Big Baller
01-03-2007, 09:56 PM
lol, my qoutes are quite popular lately, I think I'm going to bring my alter ego back, I'm over being nice to people, I have more fun as an asshole.

BTLFED
01-03-2007, 10:12 PM
lol, my qoutes are quite popular lately, I think I'm going to bring my alter ego back, I'm over being nice to people, I have more fun as an asshole.

Marcos Ruiz
01-03-2007, 10:41 PM
So whens the next Drift fury event? These lame threads are a joke. MB was sick as hell and runned awesome. No one got hurt and Bill the mgr was on top of everything like a snake. He doesnt car much about drifting just the crowd and drivers. Stayed focus. If something was about to happen Bill was there. Great guy and awesome mgr along with the whole MB crew. You know who you are. Lets not make this thread get any worse.

Most the kids on here watching/typing dont drift. Make sure to bring your cameras.Lol.

Tracy update on dates please.

How many licenses you guys giving out?

sweetcarz02
01-04-2007, 02:34 AM
*ROLLEYES*

HiPSI
01-04-2007, 07:42 AM

you are talking about two cars moving at relatively the same speed. even the worst tandem crashes i've seen were pretty minor because the speed difference between the two cars is very small and you don't have a whole field of cars to worry about coming up from behind like roadracing.

also, i can't see drifting with a Hans device happening as it does limit your range of movement and you have to turn your head considerably to slide with good angle.

Cool Cat GTR
01-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Who is this Matt Big Baller dude? Does he have a last name? Have we met? I don't recall bashing anyone in this thread and I certainly wasn't trying to suggest that. I didn't intend to get anyone upset but, on the otherhand, I have no problem being a safety ambassador and if that upsets anyone, then fire away. Apparently someone's conscience might be having a problem. I stated my personal experience and the difficulties I have personally observed. I stated I want the sport to grow and prosper. I stated I would gladly volunteer my time. How can any of this be construed as a personal attack. Do I think anyone deliberately sacrificed safety? Absolutely not!!! Do I think safety can be improved? Absolutely!!! For Big Baller, or whoever you are, to play down safety and disect my post tells me you are not in the least bit interested in safety so I hope others will take notice of your disregard for something as important as safety. That's the attitude that can have lasting and damaging effects on drifting.

HiPSI
01-04-2007, 09:42 AM
everyone now do the safety dance and stop arguing.

down_shift
01-04-2007, 10:30 AM
http://alpha.zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/about/music/videos/SafetyDance.jpg

Big Baller
01-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Who is this Matt Big Baller dude? Does he have a last name? Have we met? I don't recall bashing anyone in this thread and I certainly wasn't trying to suggest that. I didn't intend to get anyone upset but, on the otherhand, I have no problem being a safety ambassador and if that upsets anyone, then fire away. Apparently someone's conscience might be having a problem. I stated my personal experience and the difficulties I have personally observed. I stated I want the sport to grow and prosper. I stated I would gladly volunteer my time. How can any of this be construed as a personal attack. Do I think anyone deliberately sacrificed safety? Absolutely not!!! Do I think safety can be improved? Absolutely!!! For Big Baller, or whoever you are, to play down safety and disect my post tells me you are not in the least bit interested in safety so I hope others will take notice of your disregard for something as important as safety. That's the attitude that can have lasting and damaging effects on drifting.

Did you read my post you dumb, you absolutely intended that as a cheap The car Ill be drifting with this season has a full cage with Nascar door bars and a fire suppression system and Ill be rocking some type of Hans device. So safety I have that covered. There is plenty of room for safety improvements and they start at the pro level, keep guys in the car.

In response to Erin's post, in theory cars that are racing are moving at the same speed , that doesn't mean that they always are. The safety rules are to soft period.

Tracy
01-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Ok guys. I think everyone should chill out. There is no need for name calling and attacks. We can all state our beliefs in a factual manner. I believe everyone is on the same page...maybe just saying it in a different way and with different motives. That's life get used to it. Safety is important, accidents happen, things can always be improved upon, drifting is great and fun we want to see it grow, some of our livelyhoods depend on it........

Marcos,

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=98870 is where you can find the dates we have so far. Our full schedule will be announced this month. I will be sure everyone knows when we do announce them.

If we want to discuss saftey of drifting events, how's about making a thread in the competition forum. Back on topic. : Myrtle Beach is awesome! See you guys there on the 13th! I'm glad I will be there to experience how great it is! One of the NOPI guys will be there with us if you have any questions concerning NOPI drift.

Marty
01-04-2007, 01:46 PM
I heard Tracy is giving up drifting and becoming a full time NOPI Chic in the Bikini Contest....

Tracy
01-04-2007, 01:51 PM
I heard Tracy is giving up drifting and becoming a full time NOPI Chic in the Bikini Contest....

Probably more money in that! Gotta lose a few lbs, first. *runs to the boxing gym*

HiPSI
01-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Probably more money in that! Gotta lose a few lbs, first. *runs to the boxing gym*

gonna need those implants too. ask charity where she got hers... then stay away from that place ;)

Tracy
01-04-2007, 02:47 PM
gonna need those implants too. ask charity where she got hers... then stay away from that place ;) :lmfao: :lmfao:

Doppelgänger
01-04-2007, 04:02 PM
wow.... can we say threadjack??

And you know, pretty much everything is "grassroot" when it comes to drifting in the states with exceptions like FD/D1/and some of the showoff events. Events that most people can show up at with a basic FR car, pay an entry fee and go play is grassroot. Stuff like the oval at MB had the higher caliber drivers out there, not just everyone jumped out there, that would have been horrable. But im not going to pick you apart and name call just because some statements are false/uneducated and because people have different views would be retarded (been there , done that... pointless).

I will vouch for CoolCatGTR (Tripper), he IS trying to help the sport here in Ga with getting more events. Something tell me a certain somebody here does not realize they are speaking with a shop owning adult who has been involved with motorsports for quite sometime... not some 18yr old who is just asking places to go do donuts with some friends.

Doppelgänger
01-04-2007, 04:03 PM
you are talking about two cars moving at relatively the same speed. even the worst tandem crashes i've seen were pretty minor because the speed difference between the two cars is very small and you don't have a whole field of cars to worry about coming up from behind like roadracing.

also, i can't see drifting with a Hans device happening as it does limit your range of movement and you have to turn your head considerably to slide with good angle.+10

Big Baller
01-04-2007, 04:11 PM
I will vouch for CoolCatGTR (Tripper), he IS trying to help the sport here in Ga with getting more events. Something tell me a certain somebody here does not realize they are speaking with a shop owning adult who has been involved with motorsports for quite sometime... not some 18yr old who is just asking places to go do donuts with some friends.

A shop owning adult.... hold on wait for it, let me post his sig real quick

A woman should never use her mouth for anything but recreational purposes.

That's the image a shop owner should portray.....

Doppelgänger
01-04-2007, 04:34 PM
A shop owning adult.... hold on wait for it, let me post his sig real quick

A woman should never use her mouth for anything but recreational purposes.

That's the image a shop owner should portray.....yup :yes:

Big Baller
01-04-2007, 05:25 PM
yup :yes:
Exactly what I thought he like you will go far in life

Cool Cat Racing
01-05-2007, 08:52 AM
And with such good grammar and verbal skills you will too. The simple fact remains that safety is very important at these kinds of events because of the fact that many of the people there are not as experienced as others. This is how people gain experience but there has to be a higher standard of safety because of the lower skill and experience. No matter how much you try to prevent it, accidents will happen. The only thing you can do is learn from them and not make the same mistakes again. I haven't seen a major car to car accident in any drifting competition in a long time, thats not to say it won't happen. Much of the D1 rules stems from the fact that they are governed by the same rules that govern the SCCA and NASA road race cars. Accidents are much more severe in those forms of racing so the car safety is much more important, even though everyone there is fully licensed to be there. A HANS device is not a good thing for drifting because of its restrictions but its necessary for road racing so D1 and Formula D are forced into the same rules. G-Force and a few other companies have a similar system that allows more head movement but doesn't protect as well against basal fractures. We can go round and round about this but as Tracy said, we're all stating the same thing just from different perspectives. Both Tripper and I are both certified Safety Stewards for the SCCA and both of us have offered to help in ensuring proper safety at drift events. Baller, stop thinking your better than everyone else just because your building a car to FD rules and not racing in that series.

Tracy
01-05-2007, 10:27 AM
OMG! Is this lame crap still going on? Here, I'll start another thread. Maybe we can keep the insults out of it and just state out opinions.

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=35324456#post35324456

Remember, this is about how awesome MB Speedway is, not a "how big is my cock" thread. Luckily, I don't have a cock so I'm not interested in that subject :)

Cool Cat GTR
01-05-2007, 11:50 AM
OMG! Is this lame crap still going on? Here, I'll start another thread. Maybe we can keep the insults out of it and just state out opinions.

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=35324456#post35324456

Remember, this is about how awesome MB Speedway is, not a "how big is my cock" thread. Luckily, I don't have a cock so I'm not interested in that subject :)

Amen Tracy!!! Just so everybody knows, Tracy and I are on the same page. This was never about Tracy regardless of what anyone wants to think. Insults started with the Blue Baller dude and that is what has perpetuated this thread. Tracy rocks and I commend her for all of her efforts and personal sacrifices to bring drifting to the level it is in Georgia. I agree, this thread is now totally pointless. If the Blue Baller dude wants to keep up the insults why not start a thread about me and leave everyone else out of it or if he wants to be mature, call me or PM me and get it off your chest. Dick swinging and insults have no place here. Tracy doesn't want it nor do it. Or if Blue Baller wants, just go ahead and post til your hearts content, get it out of your system, and let's move on.

Big Baller
01-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Baller, stop thinking your better than everyone else just because your building a car to FD rules and not racing in that series.

Don't get it twisted, I'm just better than you, its not the car that make me that way. I didnt build the car to comply with the FD rules it just so happens that it does. I don't own a "drift" car. I own a road race car that is capable of going drifting.

Cool Cat Racing
01-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Well if telling yourself that your better at drifting than a guy who doesn't drift helps you sleep better at night then go for it. Either way I really don't care about anyone's opinion who thinks they're better than anyone else.

Big Baller
01-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Well if telling yourself that your better at drifting than a guy who doesn't drift helps you sleep better at night then go for it. Either way I really don't care about anyone's opinion who thinks they're better than anyone else.

Hey so....wait....wait....wait.....wait for it..........lol

IamJacksAE86
01-07-2007, 03:10 AM
Drifting is gay.
End thread.