PDA

View Full Version : question about Atlanta SCCA SOLO2

Clone
12-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Been looking around, and I really want to join up with some autocross for the '07 season... but I can't seem to find the start date or locale or anything...

anyone know? Maybe there's a member on IA?

spoon91
12-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Hey Clone Wazzup.
I'm a AutoCross Junky Myself and
I'm Glad 2 hear someone on IA has Good Taste.
As for the '07 Schedule check out www.soloatlanta.com (http://www.soloatlanta.com)
That site is by far One of the Best I know of
I Enjoy it alot.

By the way where about do You live (PM Me about that if You would like to)
That way maybe We could hook up sometime.
My Boy crhatchzc is holding a all Honda/Acura Meet the 3rd Sunday of Jan.
So if You want We can all Meet up and Mash to that Bitch together
Just let Me know Dog.
Anyway I'll hit You up later Bro
Take Care.

OH!!! By the way this is My little SCCA Girl.

spoon91
12-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Also I Enjoy doing Time only
That way You can just Fight Yourself for Better times.
But thats just Me.

mnjh94
12-20-2006, 12:53 AM
http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmMain.Show
for all events around your area..

soloatlanta.com for atlanta regions only.. start on March.

you'll meet some cool ppl and have fun all year long.

good luck.

00CelicaGT
12-20-2006, 01:14 AM
DAMN SPOON WAT HAPPEN TO THE COLOR OF THE HATCH U KNOW I LOVE THAT BRIGHT A$$ ORANGE. R U GONNA PUT A NEW COLOR ON OR JUST LEAVE IT AS IS. U SHOULD GO GREEN OH DREWS WHEEL LOOK GOOD AS HELL SEEN THEM THIS WEEKEND UP AT THE BP MEET. SEE U SOON PEACE OUT

sidewayz
12-21-2006, 06:22 PM
im interested in driving to noticed get sponsers and etc but i have no idea what kind of driving this is im in to a more drifting style could someone please explain waht exactly this is thanks alot

00CelicaGT
12-21-2006, 09:52 PM
im interested in driving to noticed get sponsers and etc but i have no idea what kind of driving this is im in to a more drifting style could someone please explain waht exactly this is thanks alot

scca is track racing .if u got the speed channel on ur TV check it out. they have been showing the SCCA runoffs all this month. My boy spoon91 is a freak about SCCA so u can PM him for more details. I've been thinking of scca since i got a slowica:goodjob:

SampaGuy
12-21-2006, 10:11 PM
scca is track racing .if u got the speed channel on ur TV check it out. they have been showing the SCCA runoffs all this month. My boy spoon91 is a freak about SCCA so u can PM him for more details. I've been thinking of scca since i got a slowica:goodjob:

ehhh only like 10% of scca members track race... most autocross...

Clone
12-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey Clone Wazzup.
I'm a AutoCross Junky Myself and
I'm Glad 2 hear someone on IA has Good Taste.
As for the '07 Schedule check out www.soloatlanta.com (http://www.soloatlanta.com)
That site is by far One of the Best I know of
I Enjoy it alot.

By the way where about do You live (PM Me about that if You would like to)
That way maybe We could hook up sometime.
My Boy crhatchzc is holding a all Honda/Acura Meet the 3rd Sunday of Jan.
So if You want We can all Meet up and Mash to that Bitch together
Just let Me know Dog.
Anyway I'll hit You up later Bro
Take Care.

Cool, I've already been checkin out that site, although I dont remember seeing any dates or anything. I live in Marietta/East Cobb, and run an emissions station off Jimmy Carter Blvd (right by where it turns into Holcomb Bridge, in front of an LA Fitness)... I'm down for hitting up any meet, so just let me know.

~The_Duke~
12-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Autocross is fun :goodjob: I will most def be out there this season alil more.

Big Baller
12-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Autocross is ehhhhh. Go to a good track day, that will really get you hooked.

Matt

spoon91
12-22-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey Clone just hit Me up if You want to Meet up sometime Bro. :goodjob:

~The_Duke~
12-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Autocross is ehhhhh. Go to a good track day, that will really get you hooked.

Matt

but tracks cost more money...lol

Big Baller
12-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Ok, I hear this arguement a lot. So lets really examine it.

Autcross In the Atlanta Region cost you what $50 bucks. How man runs do you get, lets say 10 which is probally about double what you actually get but it makes the math easier. Lets say they are 1 minute for each run. That works out to 5 dollars a minute.

A Nasa track weekend in the southeast is going to cost you $250 bucks for Both days, you usally get 4 to 5 sessions a day at 30 minutes per session. Ok so assuming its 5 sessions that is 5 hours of track time or 300 minutes that works out to .83 cents a minute.

So as you can see its a much better deal to go to a track day.

~The_Duke~
12-22-2006, 07:16 PM
But the other thing is that a track day or weekend takes alot of time also, and the added time of travel time considering there are no track anywhere around where alot of us live...

00CelicaGT
12-22-2006, 09:51 PM

Autcross In the Atlanta Region cost you what $50 bucks. How man runs do you get, lets say 10 which is probally about double what you actually get but it makes the math easier. Lets say they are 1 minute for each run. That works out to 5 dollars a minute.

A Nasa track weekend in the southeast is going to cost you $250 bucks for Both days, you usally get 4 to 5 sessions a day at 30 minutes per session. Ok so assuming its 5 sessions that is 5 hours of track time or 300 minutes that works out to .83 cents a minute.

Damn big baller :thinking: thats alot of math, u got it all the way down to the decimal. But i would have choose "C" lol

Clone
12-23-2006, 08:58 AM
just talkin shit... but no 'Big Baller' would care enough to measure it to the decimal, and get the most out of his cash. Big Ballers spend to their hearts content.

so there!

nah but seriously, a lot of us dont have a full weekend to contribute to a track meet. I know I dont. There's also a lot of us that don't have the ability to drop $250 for some track time. Yeah, you're right... down to the math you're getting more 'bang for your buck' so to speak... but $35 every once in a while is not really a big deal... but $250 is my goddamn insurance payment.

spoon91
12-23-2006, 09:01 AM

Damn good Job Baller :goodjob:
But some Ppl just do it every now and then so for them it's Great but
You are Right about the Money thing it is alot Cheaper if You break it down like that.
So both of them just Kick Ass but again Thanks for Breaking it down for us Bro.

spoon91
12-23-2006, 09:05 AM
nah but seriously, a lot of us dont have a full weekend to contribute to a track meet. I know I dont. There's also a lot of us that don't have the ability to drop $250 for some track time. Yeah, you're right... down to the math you're getting more 'bang for your buck' so to speak... but $35 every once in a while is not really a big deal... but $250 is my goddamn insurance payment.
Very good Point Bro.

SampaGuy
12-23-2006, 11:26 AM
But track days are not a competition, u just drive around at whatever pace u want, and u will usually not push as hard as u would in an autocross. In autocross u dont have the fear of crashing and shit, so u push harder and learn more. Dont get me wrong though, im sure track days are a lot of fun.

spoon91
12-23-2006, 11:35 AM
But track days are not a competition, u just drive around at whatever pace u want, and u will usually not push as hard as u would in an autocross. In autocross u dont have the fear of crashing and shit, so u push harder and learn more. Dont get me wrong though, im sure track days are a lot of fun.
Again VERY VERY Good Point Plv.

Big Baller
12-23-2006, 01:08 PM

I dont consider Autocross competition. The problem with youre no crashing comment is that you never really learn to drive that way, if there is no fear of crashing you dont know where the limit is. There is the limit and then there is the limit that you drive at and there is a diffrence.

I think we need to have an autocrossers day at the track, you guys all come out and go for a ride with me and then you will understand.

There is no comparison they are two completely diffrent sports.

Clone
12-23-2006, 02:57 PM
There is no comparison they are two completely diffrent sports.

Racing is racing man... not really much of a difference in my opinion. You're still driving.