View Full Version : Best place to buy autobody paint around atlanta.

jfman
12-18-2006, 10:12 PM
I need to buy colored primer(1 gallon not reduced), basecoat(2 pints ready to shoot) and a clearcoat(1 gallon with hardener and reducer) for a project I'm working on.

I'm only interested in Sherwill Williams and Dupont products.

Anybody knows a place around Gwinnett that gives good deals even if you are not a shop ?

I'm gonna call the local Dupont and Sherwill tomorow and see what the prices are. If you have any experience in dealing with a store and want to recommend or the oposite, id like to hear it :goodjob:

Thanks !

Bishop
12-19-2006, 06:12 AM
why buy basecoat ready to spray? just buy base and reducer. Why do you need colored primer?

I get all my paint for autocolor. They have about 10 store around atlanta. Not sure of any in gwinnett but here's the website. http://www.autocolor.com/weekly-specials.html

Why are you only interested in Sherwill Williams and Dupont?

I use ppg, omni, pro-spray, house of kolors and have never had a problem with them.

PawnShopCEO
12-19-2006, 11:06 AM
autocolor ftw. tony sandoval at the smyrna store takes care of me!

jfman
12-19-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm doing the engine bay and the door jams and underhood etc.. on my project car and Id like to have that color match the outside perfectly.

My body guy uses Sherwill and Dupont.

So you guys like the cheaper stuff too ? Got a phone number for me ?

I want a primer that is dyed to the color my car is going to be because I dont want have to look a a grey car for over a year while I'm working on it :goodjob:

jfman
12-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Nobody is picking up the phone in L'ville location :(

Bishop
12-19-2006, 05:19 PM
I wouldnt say prospray or pgg or HOK is cheap, but omni, yes its less expensive. Its a line of PPG and thats what i started off using and have never had problems with it.

If you want it to match perfectly, that will have nothing to do with it. Use a mixing cup. Basecoat is usally 1:1 mix ratio but varies on brand, ex. HOK base is 2:1. Having it perfectly match has to deal with how good the guy is mixing the basecoat, and quality of paint.

Keep calling or just stop buy the store.

jfman
12-24-2006, 01:38 AM
Can you buy sealer in spray cans ?