PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Best tire, bang for the buck?

BufordŽ
06-10-2005, 03:53 AM
I'm currently searching for some 19" tires. I want something that will last for a while, but still give decent grip (doesn't everyone) I'm not as well-versed in the tire industry. So any help would be apprecaited.

Thanks.

Ryan

05spectra
06-10-2005, 04:29 AM
you can check tirerack.com. they rate alot of their tires pros / cons.

chuck
06-21-2005, 09:46 PM
bang for the buck i'd talk to cliff ;) (z71starsandbars)

BarnDog296
07-16-2005, 08:29 AM
alright, I saw this thread and I HAD to brag.
I got the Yokohama Avid V4s on my 17s S13 and they were the BEST investment I have made on the car yet!
Let me explain, mine were pretty bad, and I used to slide all over the place, the tires would burn out, and I was REALLY awful in the rain. I had to be extra careful not to put the car into a ditch sometimes. When I was stopped at an uphill light in the rain, i used to freak out b/c i could possibly slide backward (while the tires were spinning) into the car behind me - short story it was hell...
Then I blew a tire one night, in buckhead, so I HAD to do something finally. So I looked all over www.tirerack.com and picked out the BEST tires I could find, the Yokohamas. I called EVERY place in town and got them to price match each other until i got the $150 tires for $100 installed! BEST price you can find. Now, i was a little worried, i had never spent $400 in tires, but as soon as I tried them out, they were WORTH EVERY penny!
They WILL NOT spin in the rain, they WILL NOT burn out when im pulling out of a left turn, these things will not BUDGE off the road, they are amazing!

Lets put it this way, there is a turn at an exit that goes from I-85E to 285-S that is a 25 MPH turn. There is a LONG straight away right there, and for some reason, I ALWAYS see mustangs on it that race me down to the end. Now a Mustang will KICK MY ASS on a drag (and I am ok witht that)... until we get to that 25MPH turn, as soon as we hit that bitch, he has to slow down like crazy and i can take it at about 55-65MPH and the tires dont EVEN shudder! TAKE THAT MUSTANG!!!! :2up: and its over, im half way to my exit by the time they get around the turn. makes my day every time :goodjob:

sorry bout the long story, but these things are the pride and joy on my car, NOTHING holds like they do, and they were worth every penny!

Cliff
07-18-2005, 12:53 AM
Buford i have still yet to see these new tires and wheels on your car...what's the deal man