PDA

View Full Version : hey everyone

donnystorm1
12-18-2006, 12:38 PM
i know some of you have heard of ODS mag, well sad to say i dont work with them anymore, but we have started a new car magazine that will be out around mid january, i am in charge of layout design, but for those of you who know me, i got bretts car in ODS and if you goto the elite forum i have came up with an idea to get How We Ride Magazine out there, i know everyone here wants thier car in a mag or on a cover well heres your chance, we are trying to find a look for design concept for coverart, so i had had people send me thier info and pics of thier car and i would create a custom cover design for them with thier car on the front coverof the magazine, in Elites forum i already have done three car covers for thier members so if any of you are interested in having a your car on a cover hit me up, this is no joke, there are no gimmicks or fees, this is free and im doing it for you guys and for the magazine to find a good look for next year, but check out elites forum to see the covers i already did and let me know also check out www.hwrmag.com to see the new magazine

dontay "donny"
404-643-9044
[email protected]

Twinnos
12-19-2006, 09:23 AM
not knocking you donny, but its just my :2cents:. i think its sad that people are practically begging you to have their car on the cover of a mag thats not even out yet and that hasnt even established itself. it makes them look desperate.

donnystorm1
12-19-2006, 09:44 AM
not exactly, it knida helps me get a look for style for the mag, and you know some people just want one for personal reasons. but really no one has begged me for a design they would just ask me if i would for them and you know me, it helps me to get better having an eye for design. it was an idea that came up with, ODS days are over and now i have to help get this magazine off the ground, so please no beggers lol. ODS has a lot of legeal issues to take care of, How We Ride is already established in Boston, New YOrk and Florida they just decided to release it in Atlanta b/c of what happened at ODS. ya see what im sayin, but by no means do i want anyone to feel desperate.

Red
12-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Well good luck on the new magazine buddy. Wish you the best of luck! If you ever need a car you know you've got mine. :)

donnystorm1
12-19-2006, 12:02 PM
thnks, pat, ODS did me really wrong and they stole my layouts even my cover was stolen and i wasnt even paid, but Tim is going to court because now thier trying to take his magazine from him and then fire him.

Twinnos
12-19-2006, 08:22 PM
so do u think ods will be around for the long haul?

5thgcelica
12-19-2006, 09:51 PM
doesnt sound like it. lol.

donnystorm1
12-20-2006, 07:06 AM
naw, its not that it wouldnt make it, b/c it is in stores. i can say i lived by my word to some people and got them exposure for thier cars but it takes more than an asshole with a ton of money to make a mag work it takes a team with a vision. so if anyone wants to make fun of it for not making it, so be it, but it is in stores. We had a vision and it worked but when you have people around who only think about making money , nothing works. actually im glad its going down id rather for Tim to start over than leave it in Barts hands. But look out for How We Ride, like i said its already in Boston New York and Florida, its slowly makin its way to Cali, but im on the commitee to bring it down here, theres still no magazine in the south , so if its gonna work in need people who acually want a mag here, if not, i dont wanna waste my time. its up to me to say yes, up north this mag is makin a ton of money from advertisers and it already has many investors behind it dumping major cash in it, so this mag is creating abuzz around the states just not here, so you guys i need your help if your interested if not , well hopefully one day the south will get a mag. but you all are still my peeps even though alot of you i havent met yet lol, the mag wasnt for me it was for you all
peace