PDA

View Full Version : Ima need some help

blacknightteg
12-18-2006, 12:05 PM
alright, well im getting a new front end tomorow finally, after my wreck, which i wont have to paint thankfully, anyways. Im going to need some help on taking off my front end, i never really have before, so i dont really know what to do. i know you have to take off the fenders and to take of the front. but thats about it. please let me know waht i have to do. thanks!

devin
12-18-2006, 12:07 PM
its all bolts, if its anything like my honda.

speedminded
12-18-2006, 12:54 PM
alright, well im getting a new front end tomorow finally, after my wreck, which i wont have to paint thankfully, anyways. Im going to need some help on taking off my front end, i never really have before, so i dont really know what to do. i know you have to take off the fenders and to take of the front. but thats about it. please let me know waht i have to do. thanks!it's really self explanatory....

1) Screws holding the bumper retainer on top at the hood latch and bolts on either side of the bumper cover attaching it to the fender (PITA to get to the one inside the wheel well). Remember to remove the corner lights before removing bumper cover (one srew each then pull bulbs out).

2) Bolts on fenders ( on top and think one or two around the mud flap area), plastic screws on fender liners, etc.

Just remember where everything goes and you're good to go. Lather, rinse, repeat.

blacknightteg
12-18-2006, 12:58 PM
lol. thanks jason, lol anyone wana help me out doin it lol, i dont wana do it on my own lol make it get done faster.

speedminded
12-18-2006, 01:21 PM
lol. thanks jason, lol anyone wana help me out doin it lol, i dont wana do it on my own lol make it get done faster.$$$ talks otherwise i'm booked :tongue: i'm working on the house and my car is down so not much time for anything else.

blacknightteg
12-18-2006, 01:32 PM
yeah, no i understand that completely. ill probably just pull it around to my friends house behind me who has a compressor n jacks n shit. i was originally thinking baout getting a new front end for my car. but i am starting to decide against it for now and just get my lowering springs n wheels for now.

speedminded
12-18-2006, 02:31 PM
yeah, no i understand that completely. ill probably just pull it around to my friends house behind me who has a compressor n jacks n shit. i was originally thinking baout getting a new front end for my car. but i am starting to decide against it for now and just get my lowering springs n wheels for now.you don't need a compressor and shouldn't even have to take off the wheels....you can jack it up though to allow a lil more space in the fender wells :2cents:

Turbodude06
12-18-2006, 05:06 PM
^^ yeah and you don't need to take your fenders off I just took my front end off last night to put my new headlights on and it was pretty easy the only other then I had to take off were my inner fenders, which I know a lot of lowered cars don't even have on anyway..... Its not hard at all a screw driver and a 10mm with a long extention will do it...

speedminded
12-19-2006, 09:36 AM
^^ yeah and you don't need to take your fenders off I just took my front end off last night to put my new headlights on and it was pretty easy the only other then I had to take off were my inner fenders, which I know a lot of lowered cars don't even have on anyway..... Its not hard at all a screw driver and a 10mm with a long extention will do it...Frontend and bumper cover aren't exactly the same thing :2cents: