View Full Version : color question

chris13
12-18-2006, 08:24 AM
ok i didnt know where to put this so i figured id just put it here. i have a 93 EG hatch thats that teal color and i just ordered a carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber hatch, and my carbon fiber doors and carbon fiber fenders are on back order so what color do yall think i should paint the rest of my car. was thinkin bout like a gun metal grey color or just black. what do yall think????

Ran
12-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Car Talk would have been the proper section.

The CF hood and hatch I wouldn't mind leaving as CF, but please paint the doors and fenders. Too much CF will just come off looking retarded. Also, if the teal color is a darkish, cool teal then leave it that color. CF or black just looks....weird. Gun Metal Grey wouldn't be bad though.

4dmin
12-18-2006, 08:27 AM
hell na... the whole gray/carbon look is lame... do a bright color to accent the carbon... w/ all of that money in carbon make it stand out.... alpine white, laguna seca blue, gecko green, sunburst orange, phonix yellow (my personal favorite), candy red, etc....

Ran
12-18-2006, 08:31 AM
alpine white, laguna seca blue, gecko green, sunburst orange, arrest me yellow (my personal favorite), candy red, etc....Fixed

chris13
12-18-2006, 08:32 AM
so yall think i should paint the doors and fenders?

Ran
12-18-2006, 08:36 AM
so yall think i should paint the doors and fenders?I would personally. Carbon Fiber looks good when it's done in moderation. Hood, Mirrors, Trunk/Hatch can tastefully accent a car's appearance when done right. I think that with doors and fenders, it would just be too much and would, in a way, overpower your cars color. Just my opinion tho.

chris13
12-18-2006, 08:38 AM
I would personally. Carbon Fiber looks good when it's done in moderation. Hood, Mirrors, Trunk/Hatch can tastefully accent a car's appearance when done right. I think that with doors and fenders, it would just be too much and would, in a way, overpower your cars color. Just my opinion tho.

gotcha :goodjob:

4dmin
12-18-2006, 09:12 AM
i wouldn't paint any of it unless the weave's dont match... shit is way too exspensive to cover it up... if you were putting just fenders i would say paint. definately have them clear the carbon again after the car is painted... i've seen quite a few cars w/ carbon and that shit warps/fades due to bad clear from factory.

chris13
12-18-2006, 09:36 AM
i wouldn't paint any of it unless the weave's dont match... shit is way too exspensive to cover it up... if you were putting just fenders i would say paint. definately have them clear the carbon again after the car is painted... i've seen quite a few cars w/ carbon and that shit warps/fades due to bad clear from factory.

preciate the advice on the clear