PDA

View Full Version : Pinks All Out- The real dirt

The Ren
12-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Im not sure if this is where this should go.. move it if needed.

So one of the well-recognized supra shops WOTM(Wide Open Throttle Motorsports) decided to send two supras to compete in the pinks all out "9 sec cars". For those who dont know this is the pinks where you dont loose your car, you go after a $10,000 cash for the winning car. One of the WOTM cars (Ryan Woon who has the "worlds quickest and fastest 6-spd supra") made it into the final 30.. and he said he was running one of the best times all day (you cant run lower than 9.0 and not higher than 9.999). So they pick the top 16 and those are the ones who go after the $10,000, well how did they pick them? The put the 30 names in a HAT to pick the final 16, and didnt even go after the real times.. and of course.. Woon's name didnt get picked.. Who got picked? All american muscle cars.. This was advertized as heads-up racing and people in the crowd were apparently booing when the supta didnt get picked.. I just think its pretty shitty for them to pick names out of a hat instead of going off the real times and real head to head racing as was advertized...

1000cckiller
12-18-2006, 07:24 AM
yeah man that bullshit, he should have got picked. Rich is a fuckin moron.

The Ren
12-18-2006, 07:27 AM
It's not that its Ryan Woon cause honestly I dont even know the dude.. just know his reputation.. its the fact that its supposed to be head to head racing.. But the choose the final 16 by a god damn hat? Apparently the final 16 ended up being mostly muscle cars.. like a 77 Camaro vs a 76 maro.. a 69 mustang vs a 68 mustang or something... and of course you will see the typical fox bodys as well.. now dont get me wrong Im not saying mustang owners suck or anything of the sort.. Im just saying this shows the real dirt on the show instead of how you think it really is..

1000cckiller
12-18-2006, 08:56 AM
I know, it is suppose to be head to head racing. Pinks is pissing me of period.

anothaRRR
12-18-2006, 09:19 AM
From what I seen and heard it was a low 10 sec class from a 10.0 to like a 10.4...I know one guy got booted from running a 9.6 on eliminations...

The Ren
12-18-2006, 11:27 AM
It may have been 10 sec.. I know woons car runs mid-low 8s, but was going to tune it down to run the times required.. but whatever the case.. its still pretty crappy..

Vteckidd
12-18-2006, 11:37 AM
i think they only did one show, and it was a 10 second class. that was the field with the most people in it.

If he was running 9s, then he got booted, same with another girl that claimed she had a 10 second car, an she was killing everyone so they booted her out.

PINKs has had BAD luck with the imports. Look at the Honda shows they have had, bunch or whiny cry baby bitches, and the only one they ever had a good showing from was FULL-RACEs EG Turbo vs that FC.

The show is built on muscle cars and that attract the most viewers. i dont blame them, but they should have let it be known that imports arent allowed lol

JennB
12-18-2006, 12:22 PM
I watched, it was a 10 second class. Someone did get kicked out for running 9's.

Also, there was a truck and an RX-7 in the finals. Not all american muscle.

I do think there should have been many, many more races though.

anothaRRR
12-18-2006, 03:04 PM
I heard they coming to Commerce sometime next year, not sure if its true...Im gonna try to make it..

WhiteAccord
12-18-2006, 04:41 PM
That would be nice to watch

olivertwist
12-22-2006, 02:49 PM
that would b nice and to kick riche's ass to

JstAneon
12-22-2006, 05:23 PM
That would be nice to watch

I went to a couple of tapings at MIR. It was boring as shit. The negotiations take FOREVER and there is hardly any racing.

HeLLo iM iZzY
12-23-2006, 12:57 AM
FUCK PINKS !

Kyle
12-23-2006, 01:02 AM
Fuck pinks and the balding host who tries to hide it by shaving his head.

The Ren
12-23-2006, 07:47 AM
He wasnt running 9s.. he had is dialed down and he was running straigt 10s all night.. Like I said the picked the final 15 out of a hat..

PSINXS
12-24-2006, 04:35 PM
woon FTW. whres marko d?

Da_unknown
12-25-2006, 10:03 AM
dAMn thats some fuck shit.. Not cool @ all..

typerek
12-25-2006, 11:31 PM
i hate the regular pinks cause they shouldnt get head starts and some people have to take off their juice and shit it should only be heads up!!!!!!!

unkn0wndj
12-26-2006, 03:03 AM
Pinks pisses me off... If you wanna race run what ya brung and stop crying. If you're scared that he's spraying DONT PUT YOUR CAR ON THE LINE.. jeez.

CopyRight
12-26-2006, 09:26 AM
it just goes to show you that it's more fun to watch crazy rednecks instead of whiney crybaby import kids

Curmudgeon
12-27-2006, 06:23 PM
It's about ratings. Rating = $$$. $$$ = sponsors. Sponsors = a next season.
A next season = Rich the bitch Christianson doesn't have to apply at WalMart for the greeter position-

There are a couple guys over on LS1Tech who did the Pinks gig. Brothers actually.... made the loser put his shit up on ebay as they didn't trust that winning brother wouldn't give back his bro's car.

The whole inception is on target, but you don't do a "street" racing show and host it w/a guy whose never changed a spark plug before in his life.

And.... if your tout your shit as heads up.... run wtf ya brung and hope you brung enough. THAT's street racing. They fuck it up regular.

But wtf do I know.... the wanna be's are watching it, and the racers/shops are engaging it for their own gains(publicity).

What ever..... I watched it once-

4dmin
12-28-2006, 07:46 AM
PINKS IS GAY.

its that simple... really lets get a 10sec car and make it race a 13sec car... ok i'll give you 5 car lengths... WTF? i could make a better heads up match on a normal friday night at the track. the best part is when they give guys like 5-10 lengths and they are launching on slicks half way down the track :lmao:

the best show they've had was the motorcycle race w/ #1 vs #2... thats a fucking race... no fucking negotiations just real racing.

93H22ACX
12-28-2006, 08:02 AM
I heard they coming to Commerce sometime next year, not sure if its true...Im gonna try to make it..

shit i will too :D

HiPSI
12-28-2006, 08:59 AM
it just goes to show you that it's more fun to watch crazy rednecks instead of whiney crybaby import kids

so what about all the crybaby rednecks on there?

with all this negotiation/car lengths bullshit they might as well run bracket racing.

Smokin_Joes_2kSi
12-28-2006, 10:12 AM
I only wished I came up w/ teh idea....they make mad bank on each episode...

Joe

CopyRight
12-28-2006, 12:29 PM
so what about all the crybaby rednecks on there?

with all this negotiation/car lengths bullshit they might as well run bracket racing.

that show is just gay all around....dudes asking for 5+ car lengths is the norm on that show and everyone trys to sandbag but is not even remotely smooth about doing so...it's like they find people who just learned how to race a day before the show.

maximanse96
12-30-2006, 01:48 PM
I think pinks is a retarded ass show period, and to hear that they picked them out of a hat other then ability is freakin stupid.