PDA

View Full Version : Misc A TRUE hiphop pioneer speaks on how 50 Cent is doing no good for the music...

quickdodge®
12-16-2006, 08:59 PM
This is in relation to the Oprah/Fifty shit. A real hiphop artist stands up in this letter and says what's up:

50 CENT vs. OPRAH - and the loser is...

…Hip-Hop.

Once again, we the true Hip-Hop nation have lost another round in the battle of "True Hip-Hop" vs. "The Modern Day Hip-Hop Image". Let me first say this, I, like most inner city *****z, can not and have not related to Oprah in many years. This makes me the last person to say that I am a fan of her show. So, with that thought in mind, I have nothing to lose or gain by watching or not watching Oprah. But, the truth is that Oprah has done more for the positive image of black people (black women in particular) than anyone we know. For twenty plus ****ing years she's been out there doing her thing and never once had, or asked for, the support of any artist, Hip-Hop or otherwise. Like her or hate her, she's just as black as me, you, Kunta Kinte or any other ***** who came out of Africa. Now, all of the sudden these rap *****z, who already sell more records than Jesus (to 90% white people) want to use The Oprah Winfrey Show to promote that bull**** that they pass off as Hip-Hop.

Let's keep it real. 50 Cent sells a lot of records. He also writes some of the greatest hooks I've ever heard. For a few years he's been as hot as **** on the street and otherwise. But the reality is, 50 Cent sells dope. His image and everything he stands for says he's a dope dealing thug, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Plain and simple. So for him, Ludacris, Ice Cube or any other mother-****er in the business who thinks that putting Oprah on blast, and questioning her STREET CREDIBILITY, clearly shows that we as a people have lost our ****ing minds. What do you think a person that has over one billion dollars should do? Hang out with Shaquita and them and baby-sit her four kids in the projects? Or better yet, put a couple of million out on the street and double her money on the re-up? Or better yet, I got it, her and Martha Stewart can get together and rob a liquor store at gun point? Would you mother-****ers rather see her do some stupid **** like that?

The bottom line is, when you have Oprah money, you do what you want to do. When I am in the streets of New York City, and I see the Vitamin Water adds on the buses, with pictures of 50 reading the newspaper and holding a poodle, not a pit-bull, but a ****ing poodle, do I think 50 sold out? Noooooooo. I think he's trying to sell Vitamin Water. To who? Anybody that would buy it. So he can do what? Hang out in the projects with Ray Ray drinking beer and holding his balls? Noooooooo. He's trying to get Oprah money, so he can do anything he wants to do, just like Oprah. Let's not get the game twisted. He's trying to force Oprah's hand to make Oprah help him promote some **** that she, and for that matter I, don't give a **** about. 50 Cent and Oprah live in two separate worlds. It should stay that way. They think two separate ways. And, it should stay that way. So for the media and grimey *****z to portray Oprah as a person who doesn't like Hip-Hop because she doesn't like negative ***** ****, has to be a low point in *****dom.

Oprah represents, call it sell out or not, a person who has evolved and elevated herself to the highest point of society's elite. And, 50 Cent, call it what you want to call it, hell of an artist, great business man, but bottom line, it might hurt to hear it, is a dope dealing *****, who if he wore Oprah's shoes, would do the same thing Oprah does. And, so would me or you. So, in parting, if Oprah's selling out, let her. 'Cause Oprah, one day, could run for President, and 50 Cent, could run from the cops.

-Mele "Damn, I'm not Stedman" Mel

That's what's up, Grandmaster. Later, QD.

1SICKLEX
12-16-2006, 09:50 PM
THATS REALTALK RIGHT THERE!!

1SICKLEX
12-16-2006, 09:53 PM
and I agree. how can anyone clown Oprah? 50 sing more than Ja rule and shit....
why cant ninjas get paper and get paper together?
u dont hear big and rich saying bill gates sold the fuck out...

DIABEETUS
12-16-2006, 10:51 PM
surprisingly insightful, save for the use of the n-word.

Julio
12-16-2006, 11:24 PM
Oprah has a deep bank account..

But... have you guys paid attention @ the oprah show? in the chairs is more white people then anything else. hahahahah

ironchef
12-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Well thats cause everyone else is at maurys show trying to figure out who their baby daddy is.

quickdodge®
12-16-2006, 11:28 PM

But... have you guys paid attention @ the oprah show? in the chairs is more white people then anything else. hahahahah

White women love Oprah. But Melle has a great point on 50. Later, QD.

Julio
12-16-2006, 11:29 PM
White women love Oprah. But Melle has a great point on 50. Later, QD.

anything negative against 25 cents.. I agree with it... :lmfao:

quickdodge®
12-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Lolol. Especially coming from a real OG in the rap game. Not some ballad rapper. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
12-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Later, QD.

ClipseGST
12-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Gotta luv Oprah! Like 8Ball Said " If I had Oprah Winfrey, I'd marry her and keep her." But in all seriousness, Oprah has more than earned all of the money that she accumulated over her life. She's always known who she was so no one has been able to deter her. The only problems she's really had is the weight issue, and her homo ex-bf stedman. So I do enjoy seeing black women like herself on TV. So what if the crowd is white. They are um.. sorta the majority of the population in america.

con
12-17-2006, 08:21 AM
the truth hurts.........

The Ninja
12-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Clipse i may be wrong but i think MJG said that >.>

Tank
12-17-2006, 11:22 AM
*waits on Mark the worlds pop-artist lover to come*

cant belive that nsync singing bitch would go head up with one of our greatest woman to date, by great i mean accomplishments and world standings.

Drew

thinkfast®
12-17-2006, 11:57 AM
OPRAH FTW

G UNIT IS DEAD, 50 IS NOT FAR BEHIND.. HIS NEXT ALBUM WILL BE NOWHERE NEAR G.R.O.D.T. NUMBERS, AND LESS THEN MASSACRE'S

quickdodge®
12-17-2006, 12:15 PM
WHITE PEOPLE STAND UP!!!!!!! WE CANNOT HAVE G-UNIT OUT OF OUR SYSTEM!!! TOGETHER, WE CAN KEEP 50'S DREAM OF LIVING IN CONNECTICUT NEXT DOOR TO THE BRASELTON III'S A LIVING REALITY AND NOT A FANTASY!!!!

Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
12-17-2006, 12:17 PM
HAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA

quickdodge®
12-17-2006, 12:23 PM
^^^ Lolol. Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
12-17-2006, 12:23 PM
This has to be one of the dumbest articles i've ever read, who the fuck cares about oprah? and it's funny a "Hip hop legend" would say this....

Let's keep it real. 50 Cent sells a lot of records. He also writes some of the greatest hooks I've ever heard. For a few years he's been as hot as **** on the street and otherwise. But the reality is, 50 Cent sells dope. His image and everything he stands for says he's a dope dealing thug, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Plain and simple. So for him, Ludacris, Ice Cube or any other mother-****er in the business who thinks that putting Oprah on blast, and questioning her STREET CREDIBILITY,

he pretty muched just dissed every drug dealer turn rapper in the game, And thats alot of legends.

quickdodge®
12-17-2006, 12:24 PM
This has to be one of the dumbest articles i've ever read, who the fuck cares about oprah? and it's funny a "Hip hop legend" would say this....

Let's keep it real. 50 Cent sells a lot of records. He also writes some of the greatest hooks I've ever heard. For a few years he's been as hot as **** on the street and otherwise. But the reality is, 50 Cent sells dope. His image and everything he stands for says he's a dope dealing thug, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Plain and simple. So for him, Ludacris, Ice Cube or any other mother-****er in the business who thinks that putting Oprah on blast, and questioning her STREET CREDIBILITY,

\/ \/ \/

the truth hurts.........

And if you don't believe that Grandmaster Melle Mel is a legend in this music, then you are the one you speak about all the time. Lolol. Later, QD.

Tank
12-17-2006, 12:32 PM
i told yall mark is into those backstreet boy rappers its ok mark we understand if you dont know who Grandmaster melle mel is, but of ourse we dont know what hip-hop is QD dont you remember hearing that.

PhAtBoYMr2
12-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Fuck melle mel washed up old fart, what the fuck has he done for rap in the last decade???

exactly.

that was then, this is now

PhAtBoYMr2
12-17-2006, 12:34 PM
and i laugh at all you fucks that have so much hate for 50, it quite funny really.

thinkfast®
12-17-2006, 12:36 PM
I DONT HATE THE MAN, ALL I STATE IS FACTS.. G UNIT IS DEAD MARK, YOU SAID IT YOURSELF ITS BASED ON RECORD SALES ISNT IT?? GO LOOK WHERE G UNIT IS, ITS NOWHERE NEAR THE TOP, I'LL TELL YA THAT.. NOT ONE OF THEM HAVE GOT #1 SINCE '05 HOMEBOY, AND YOU SAID IT TOO, "THAT WAS THEN THIS IS NOW"

R.I.P. G UNIT

PhAtBoYMr2
12-17-2006, 12:39 PM
I DONT HATE THE MAN, ALL I STATE IS FACTS.. G UNIT IS DEAD MARK, YOU SAID IT YOURSELF ITS BASED ON RECORD SALES ISNT IT?? GO LOOK WHERE G UNIT IS, ITS NOWHERE NEAR THE TOP, I'LL TELL YA THAT.. NOT ONE OF THEM HAVE GOT #1 SINCE '05 HOMEBOY, AND YOU SAID IT TOO, "THAT WAS THEN THIS IS NOW"

R.I.P. G UNIT

LoL @ I state facts..........

If you stated facts you would know what was really up, I guess you can rant and rave about how gunit is dead because word on the streets is hip hop is dead too.

thinkfast®
12-17-2006, 12:40 PM
SAYS WHO? NAS?? LOL.. AND G UNIT IS THE FURTHEST THING FROM HIP HOP, SO YOU CAN SQUASH THAT POINT, THERE IS NONE.. LOL

PhAtBoYMr2
12-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Even the great rap groups die out over time, Rocafella, N.w.A. Wu-tang, etc....it's inevitable really....But give Gunit credit they came up from the bottom and made it to the top and have sold more records than any other rap group in history, so how can you hate on that? Sure you may not like the music they put out but theres one simple soulution for that, just don't listen to them.....No need for all the hating, it's bad for character.

quickdodge®
12-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Fuck melle mel washed up old fart, what the fuck has he done for rap in the last decade???

More than you know, I guess. Now if Mel had praised 50, you would have been all his nuts, too.

and i laugh at all you fucks that have so much hate for 50, it quite funny really.

What's really funny is how you can't stand anyone and it's fuck you to anyone that has any negativity towards your idol. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
12-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Sure you may not like the music they put out but theres one simple soulution for that, just don't listen to them.....No need for all the hating, it's bad for character.

I don't listen to it. What's even worse for character is quick assumptions. You assume that just because I don't like anything about G-Ushit, that I am a hater. Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
12-17-2006, 12:49 PM
More than you know, I guess. Now if Mel had praised 50, you would have been all his nuts, too.

Enlighten me.

What's really funny is how you can't stand anyone and it's fuck you to anyone that has any negativity towards your idol. Later, QD.

It's not that, it's the countless threads being posted that really annoys me. It's like you guys have nothing better to do than to hate on gunit...It's all good though because that's what haters do.....

I mean all this gunit hating has to be for a reason, i mean did 50cent murder your family?? did tony yayo rob your grandma?? i just don't understand the hate you guys have for them, it's just music.

thinkfast®
12-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Even the great rap groups die out over time

G UNIT IS NOT ONE OF THEM. NOWHERE CLOSE

Rocafella, N.w.A. Wu-tang, etc....it's inevitable really

MOST OF THEM VENTURED OFF FOR CAREERS AS SOLO ARTISTS...G UNIT HAS MEMBERS THAT CANT SELL EITHER WAY..CHECK THE SOUNDSCAN HOMEY.. WELL WITHOUT THE HELP OF THEIR COMMANDING OFFICER, THAT IS.. TAKE 50 OUT THE MIX AND G UNIT DIED A LONG TIME AGO. HE NEEDS ANOTHER GIMMICK, THE SHOES AND VITAMIN WATER IS PLAYTED OUT, AND THERES NOBODY LEFT TO BEEF WITH (MARTHA STEWART? BILL GATES?)

But give Gunit credit they came up from the bottom and made it to the top

I THINK YOU MEANT TO SAY FLOP, NOT TOP. THEY HAVENT BEEN ON THE TOP OF ANYTHING IN A LOOOONG TIME. MAYBE EVICTION PAPERS FROM THEIR LABEL? LOL

PhAtBoYMr2
12-17-2006, 12:53 PM
HAHA name me a rap group that has sold more records in the past decade than gunit.............................

quickdodge®
12-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Enlighten me.

I know you know who Melle Mel is what he did to help kick off rap music. And you probably like him and his shit, too. But now that he said something bad about 50...it's fuck you, Melle. You're a hater.

and i laugh at all you fucks that have so much hate for 50, it quite funny really.It's not that, it's the countless threads being posted that really annoys me. It's like you guys have nothing better to do than to hate on gunit...It's all good though because that's what haters do.....

Why do you keep confusing me not liking their music as me being a G-Unit hater? I don't like the thought of having sex with another male. Does that make me a hater?

and i laugh at all you fucks that have so much hate for 50, it quite funny really. i just don't understand the hate you guys have for them, it's just music.

Who said anything about hate? I don't like what they put out. So what. And you're right...it is just music, but you get worked up over this just music when someone says they don't like 50 cent. Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
12-17-2006, 01:01 PM
I confuse you with being a gunit hater because alot of the times it's you posting up these useless threads aimed at defaming gunit...all the post and the 50 photoshops make it look like your a hater.

And i could give a fuck about melle mel as far as i know he's old school and oldschool is good but it's not my style. Sure for you 70's babies it's all good but i'm in 80's baby and it's a new era of hip hop, it's a new sound.

thinkfast®
12-17-2006, 01:06 PM
WITHOUT THEM MARK NOBODY WOULD BE HERE, THIS WOULDA BEEN JUST ANOTHER FAD AND GONE THE WAY OF BIG HAIR BANDS LOL... WHO YOU THINK STARTED THIS SHIT?

quickdodge®
12-17-2006, 01:07 PM
I confuse you with being a gunit hater because alot of the times it's you posting up these useless threads aimed at defaming gunit...all the post and the 50 photoshops make it look like your a hater.

And I'm always reminding you that it's all in fun, cuzz. All in fun. I seriously don't like G-Unti music, but I do the PS pics and name drops out of humor, homey. Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
12-17-2006, 01:07 PM
LOL Didn't Dre start it??

"I started this gangsta shit and this the motherfuckin thanks i get"

thinkfast®
12-17-2006, 01:09 PM
DRE STARTED THE "GANGSTA SHIT", NOT THE "LETS SELL TO SUBURBAN AMERICA WITH OUR OUTSTANDING VOCALS AND SINGIN" SHIT

quickdodge®
12-17-2006, 01:10 PM
LOL Didn't Dre start it??

"I started this gangsta shit and this the motherfuckin thanks i get"

Yup. Dre started the gangsta shit. Not the hiphop shit. Later, QD.

GGPIS3
12-17-2006, 02:11 PM

he pretty muched just dissed every drug dealer turn rapper in the game, And thats alot of legends.

just cuz they can rap and sold some cds doesn't make them a roll model or a legend. they are still doin the dirty dirty. whether they have 50,000 or 50 million in the bank, they will always try to find another way to get more money legally or illegally.

they aint on oprah's level... not even close. making money doesn't make legends.

PhAtBoYMr2
12-17-2006, 02:21 PM
"Legend" status is all personal preferance....theres really no way to determine a legend For instance if you dont like or don't listen to tupac he won't be a legend in your eyes.

Shit some people give jayz a legend status and wtf has he done to get up to that status? hustle, sell records, and make money........that's all.

2turbo4u
12-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Well Legends status come from years of decent music and sales. The greatest rapper of all times is L.L.Cool J, because he have been around for 15 years or more or less. Also he have constantly reinvented himself. Ain't he the one who started the love rap? All the so called thug rappers talk about being tough,callin women Hoes and then the next song is I need a girl...blah,blah. Melle Mel is correct , back in the days when Hammer was hot everyone called him a sellout. At the time know one knew how much money was inside of hiphop,but now they see the light. No apppoligies to Hammer they are just happy to be able to by fancy cars and be treated like a star. If you took the money out of hip-hop how many of these rapper would still want to do this? When Mel came out their was no money in it, it was done for self gratification not for the paper.

thinkfast®
12-17-2006, 03:18 PM
^^ +1

Nomad!
12-18-2006, 10:25 AM
The greatest rapper of all times is L.L.Cool J, because he have been around for 15 years or more or less. Also he have constantly reinvented himself. Ain't he the one who started the love rap? All the so called thug rappers talk about being tough,callin women Hoes and then the next song is I need a girl...blah,blah.
I'm no L.L. fan but, I give him mad props for the very same reasons.

Melle Mel is correct , back in the days when Hammer was hot everyone called him a sellout. At the time know one knew how much money was inside of hiphop,but now they see the light. No apppoligies to Hammer they are just happy to be able to by fancy cars and be treated like a star. If you took the money out of hip-hop how many of these rapper would still want to do this? When Mel came out their was no money in it, it was done for self gratification not for the paper.
Very well stated!

What really bugs me out is how fans of artists like 50 give him props for being so "gangsta" and for having "street cred" but, how "gangsta" can you be if you're hired to preform at a bar mitzvah? How "street" are you if you get the hell out of your old neighborhood as soon as you make enough money to do so? Wouldn't you want to stay in these streets that you have some much love for? These guys live the lives that are indicative of the millions of dollars they make, and I don't fault them for a second for doing so. I just find it a bit interesting that "keeping it real" is talking about situations that you are far FAR removed from.

...and would someone PLEASE tell me what the hell "street cred" has to do with music? ...and...When did being a drug dealer become a prerequisite for being a Hip-Hop artist? It seems to me that, a lot of cd's are sold due to who the artists supposedly is rather than the music he/she creates.

Nomad!
12-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Well Legends status come from years of decent music and sales. The greatest rapper of all times is L.L.Cool J, because he have been around for 15 years or more or less. Also he have constantly reinvented himself. Ain't he the one who started the love rap? All the so called thug rappers talk about being tough,callin women Hoes and then the next song is I need a girl...blah,blah. Melle Mel is correct , back in the days when Hammer was hot everyone called him a sellout. At the time know one knew how much money was inside of hiphop,but now they see the light. No apppoligies to Hammer they are just happy to be able to by fancy cars and be treated like a star. If you took the money out of hip-hop how many of these rapper would still want to do this? When Mel came out their was no money in it, it was done for self gratification not for the paper.
+1

1439/2000
12-18-2006, 10:41 AM
The Message

zc-rex
12-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Dont Hate on G-Unit, taken over, again 07, young buck, psc, banks, yayo

comin at all you hatas

quickdodge®
12-18-2006, 04:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/miketysonsays.jpg

Later, QD.

ahmonrah
12-19-2006, 12:57 AM
F-U-C-K fifty.
mofos that kill for SURVIVAL dont glorify the shit.
mofos that sell drugs and think it's cool? no respect, 'cause your profiting off the destruction of, more likely than not, entire families, so your ass can turn around and piss that money off and tell working folks how "they cant do it like me...." of course not muthafukka!, is my reply, 'cause i'm not willing to destroy an undeserving life just for some paper. i give all respect to the words of melle mel, cause he's one of the elders in this hip-hop game, and he done it without glorifying something(drugs) that has ruined and entire generation of people. he was there rappin when crack FIRST hit big. people like him, kool herc, and others were adamantly against the drugs that were turning a people that were progressive and forwardly mobile just a decade before, into thieves, killers and mindless zombies sellin anyone(babies/kids) just for a hit of crack....
if you think about it, and this is to people of all races to think about, HOW MANY PEOPLE IN YOUR FAMILIES DO YOU KNOW THAT'S STRUNG OUT ON ANY TYPE OF DRUG, EXTEND THAT THOUGHT TO YOUR COMMUNITY AND ANSWER ME THIS, where do you think these people would be today, if METH/COCAINE/CRACK/HEROIN/AND ANY OTHER DESTRUCTIVE DRUG WERE NEVER INTRODUCED? if the answer is ALOT BETTER OFF THAT THEY ARE NOW, THen why glorify something so negative??

oprah? props. i grew up where she blew up at, and i remember seeing her making moves to where she is now, and how she did it was grassroots and utterly respectable. she didnt opt to be a QUEENPIN, in order to get tha billions she's worth now. hell her first oprah talk show was the cheapest shit you can ever see on tv, damn near no staff, busted ass set, and jumpy lighting. but she kept working it till she got a break, she put more black folks to work at that time than any other talk show. and sparked careers of plenty of people.
50? blah. trying to get oprah money through bullshit?? not gone happen. i'm sure she can go home whenever she feel like it and be relaxed, not have a small army guarding her, or not goin back to her old neighborhood without fear of revenge from someone that tried to look out for her and got fucked over (50).

ahmonrah
12-19-2006, 01:01 AM
dat nukka , last i seen, aint even welcome in his area he grew up at. he used the peoples around him and didnt even show love. how you gone respect a man like that?

thinkfast®
12-19-2006, 07:36 AM
+1 HOMEY

PhAtBoYMr2
12-19-2006, 08:49 AM
F-U-C-K fifty.
mofos that kill for SURVIVAL dont glorify the shit.
mofos that sell drugs and think it's cool? no respect, 'cause your profiting off the destruction of, more likely than not, entire families, so your ass can turn around and piss that money off and tell working folks how "they cant do it like me...." of course not muthafukka!, is my reply, 'cause i'm not willing to destroy an undeserving life just for some paper. i give all respect to the words of melle mel, cause he's one of the elders in this hip-hop game, and he done it without glorifying something(drugs) that has ruined and entire generation of people. he was there rappin when crack FIRST hit big. people like him, kool herc, and others were adamantly against the drugs that were turning a people that were progressive and forwardly mobile just a decade before, into thieves, killers and mindless zombies sellin anyone(babies/kids) just for a hit of crack....
if you think about it, and this is to people of all races to think about, HOW MANY PEOPLE IN YOUR FAMILIES DO YOU KNOW THAT'S STRUNG OUT ON ANY TYPE OF DRUG, EXTEND THAT THOUGHT TO YOUR COMMUNITY AND ANSWER ME THIS, where do you think these people would be today, if METH/COCAINE/CRACK/HEROIN/AND ANY OTHER DESTRUCTIVE DRUG WERE NEVER INTRODUCED? if the answer is ALOT BETTER OFF THAT THEY ARE NOW, THen why glorify something so negative??

Thats fine, i understand why you would give melle mel more respect because he didn't "Glorify" drug dealing but let me tell you this, You know how low are minimum wage is in america? There are familes without food on the table, without proper housing, without any heat on in the wintertime, these are the same familes that have mother and fathers are working at macdonalds or selling t-shirts out the back of a truck just to make a dollar. They try to live a legit life but at the same time are living off food stamps and welfare. Some people have no choice but to sell drugs, They have mouths to feed and just because there in a business that suffers from some of the greatest profit margin in america don't knock on them.....It's survival of the fittest. Natural selection.

Some people aren't given the same opportunity to go to school, go to college and get a good job, some people aren't living the american dream so you have to do what you have to do to survive, you have to do what you have to do to eat. Melle mel was basicilly slapping everyone in the hood trying to make a dollar in the face saying bullshit like that, It's really hard to make it out the hood or to make a better living for yourself when your in the hood so they see selling drugs as another way out.

oprah? props. i grew up where she blew up at, and i remember seeing her making moves to where she is now, and how she did it was grassroots and utterly respectable. she didnt opt to be a QUEENPIN, in order to get tha billions she's worth now. hell her first oprah talk show was the cheapest shit you can ever see on tv, damn near no staff, busted ass set, and jumpy lighting. but she kept working it till she got a break, she put more black folks to work at that time than any other talk show. and sparked careers of plenty of people.
50? blah. trying to get oprah money through bullshit?? not gone happen. i'm sure she can go home whenever she feel like it and be relaxed, not have a small army guarding her, or not goin back to her old neighborhood without fear of revenge from someone that tried to look out for her and got fucked over (50).

Oprah is just another story of rags to riches...She did it the legit way and it really is a rare case to find. I give the lady props but she isn't my generation and really hasn't done shit for me. Sure she made a talk show for all the middle age women going through mid age crisis but no iv'e never watched the show before.

So your telling me that if you were as popular or as rich as 50cent you wouldn't roll with bodygaurds? Thats dumb, alot of people know what you have and know who you are and will try to thrive on that or make a big come up. We all see what happens to rappers when they have no bodygaurds around, they get robbed and shot at and sometimes even killed.(2pac,biggie,Big L,) And i laugh whenever people say "50 isn't allowed in his hood" are you fucking serious???? Have you ever been to southside jamica? You think i'm a hardcore 50cent fan go there, you'll find mofo's out there that will start fights with you if you even argue about the man(iv'e seen it happen) and its funny when the man ain't allowed in his hood when he had a few shots for his movie there. He put southside on the map and of course there are going to be some haters, Theres going to be haters everywhere no matter where the fuck you are from.

thinkfast®
12-19-2006, 08:52 AM
R.I.P. G UNIT

PhAtBoYMr2
12-19-2006, 08:55 AM
haha well see what happens when buck and 50 drop niglet....

thinkfast®
12-19-2006, 08:58 AM
NOTHIN, THATS WHAT. EVERYONE WILL GO ON LIVING THEIR NORMAL LIVES, AND YOUNG BUCK WILL BE ONE STEP CLOSER TO THAT CAR WASH DREAM OF HIS

PhAtBoYMr2
12-19-2006, 09:00 AM
and alot of these multi millon dollar corporations and millonaires didn't make all there money in a legit way, Weather it be money passed from generations to generations from slave trading,alcohol black market in the 1940's, or just plain stealing alot of these corportations and "business" men are more ruthless and corrupt then drug dealers in the hood.

PhAtBoYMr2
12-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Dont Hate on G-Unit, taken over, again 07, young buck, psc, banks, yayo

comin at all you hatas

:goodjob:

thinkfast®
12-19-2006, 09:55 AM
^^ YOU KNOW THATS A FAKE USERNAME, RIGHT MARK

LOL HOW SAD

PhAtBoYMr2
12-19-2006, 09:59 AM
haha who is it

Nomad!
12-19-2006, 10:00 AM
+1 HOMEY
DITTO

Nomad!
12-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Thats fine, i understand why you would give melle mel more respect because he didn't "Glorify" drug dealing but let me tell you this, You know how low are minimum wage is in america? There are familes without food on the table, without proper housing, without any heat on in the wintertime, these are the same familes that have mother and fathers are working at macdonalds or selling t-shirts out the back of a truck just to make a dollar. They try to live a legit life but at the same time are living off food stamps and welfare. Some people have no choice but to sell drugs, They have mouths to feed and just because there in a business that suffers from some of the greatest profit margin in america don't knock on them.....It's survival of the fittest. Natural selection.

Some people aren't given the same opportunity to go to school, go to college and get a good job, some people aren't living the american dream so you have to do what you have to do to survive, you have to do what you have to do to eat.
You have got to be freakin' kidding me!!! There is ALWAYS another choice!!! What happens too often is, people choose the "easy" way out. If everyone who's ever lived the circumstances you've described thought selling drugs was the only way out, this nation would be over run with dealers. In no way, shape, or form am I saying that you can make a life for yourself on minimum wages. What I am saying is, most of these dealers would rather sell drugs than put in the work it takes to better themselves and their condition. Everyone doesn't have a rag to riches story like Oprah but, every single day, there are people/families pulling themselves up out of poverty without turning into crack peddlers. Single mothers, single fathers, homeless teens, hell even kids who have lived on the streets. I am a product of some of the circumstances you mentioned and neither me, my mom, nor my brother dealt drugs in order to change our situation. I'm nowhere near to living the life of Oprah but, I can afford to live a life FAR better than what I lived in my past. Like I said there is ALWAYS another choice! People like 50, Jeezy, and many others choose to make it to the top by stepping on the bodies of their neighbors rather than putting in the work it takes to change their situation legally.

Melle mel was basicilly slapping everyone in the hood trying to make a dollar in the face saying bullshit like that, It's really hard to make it out the hood or to make a better living for yourself when your in the hood so they see selling drugs as another way out.
Uh...where exactly do you think Melle Mel comes from? One of the messages in The Message was giving hope and inspiration to the people living in "the hood".

quickdodge®
12-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Some people have no choice but to sell drugs,

That's the only thing I'll speak on. That comment is bullshit. THere is always a legal way to make money. If you want to make it bad enough, legally, you will. Later, QD.

bicsintegra
12-20-2006, 11:34 PM

so are most 50 cent shows

bicsintegra
12-22-2006, 09:04 PM
and alot of these multi millon dollar corporations and millonaires didn't make all there money in a legit way, Weather it be money passed from generations to generations from slave trading,alcohol black market in the 1940's, or just plain stealing alot of these corportations and "business" men are more ruthless and corrupt then drug dealers in the hood.

so fucking true!