PDA

View Full Version : Misc Lil' Wayne Explains Jay-Z Comments, Clipse Fire Back At Lil' Wayne

thinkfast®
12-15-2006, 12:30 PM
After setting the streets ablaze with controversial comments about Jay-Z, The Clipse, Young Buck and Pharrell in the December/January issue of Complex magazine, Lil' Wayne recently called in to DJ Absolut's Hot 97 show in an attempt to temper his words.

During the 7-minute interview, Weezy addresses comments he made to Complex about Jay-Z.

“I don’t like what he’s saying about how he had to come back because Hip-Hop’s dead and we need him. It’s not your house anymore, and I’m better than you," Lil' Wayne told the magazine.

When asked to explain, Lil Wayne explained that he didn't like the concept that Jay-Z's comeback album was built upon the notion that Hip-Hop is dead.

“I think I speak for everybody when I say it’s not dead as long as I’m still dropping albums,” Lil' Wayne told DJ Absolut.

Wayne also disclosed that some of the comments stem from the brief courtship between him and Roc-A-Fella last year when he his weighing his label re-signing options.

“I want people to just look at it like that dude who came out of college that was supposed to get drafted by the #1 team, which was Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam,” stated Wayne. “They passed on me and now I with a good team and a good coach and of course on every interview I’m gonna cut down the team that didn’t pick me.

Lil' Wayne also stuck to his position that he is a better rapper than Jay-Z.

"I'm better than this game," Lil' Wayne declared. "We could be having this conversation about any other person in this game. It was who I was asked about at this time. Yall trying to build a case on me. But I tell you what. If you build a case against me and take me to trial, I will beat it."

In addition to Jay Z, Wayne also had choice words for The Clipse and Pharrell saying, “"I don’t see no f—ing Clipse. How many years them n— been around? Who the f— is Pharrell? Do you really respect him?”

Upon hearing his comments, The Clipse took to the airwaves in WWHV Hot 102.1 FM in Virginia to respond to an already tense situation.

“Wayne, you sort of copying The Clipse right now,” Pusha T told DJ Derrick Da Franchise. “I think he made a bad judgment call and just decided to take a swipe at us…maybe he’s got an album coming out. This is a small thing to a giant, he’s just acting out.”

"If anything, I am upset about him using the F word before my name, being as though he likes to sit around and kiss men. If you gonna kiss men, you can't even use them words in conjunction with The Clipse, Pharrell, or any of the [Star Trak ] family. He's definitely acting out right now. Jay-Z? Do what you gotta do. But involve The Clipse? You don't want to do that. I already don't look at him like a G. He aint nothing like me."

thinkfast®
12-15-2006, 04:05 PM
DISCUSS...?

Slow Motion
12-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Lil Wayne acts like a child sometimes...and then gets called out by Juvi and cries about it. Im not taking from his skill as a rapper but to talk about ppl you have nothin to do with and get mad cuz Jay-Z came back. Jay-Z can leave and come back again if he wants to he's Jay-Z the Hundred million dollar man. Master P can do the same thing and if he sell what you gonna do about it....

ORGANIZATIONXIII
12-16-2006, 02:18 AM
haha....

wayne :gay:

the clispe have beef with gay z?

Julio
12-16-2006, 07:50 AM
hahha .. he must have an album coming out or something..

1SICKLEX
12-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Jay ain't gonna continue to take knocks by these 1/2 ass rappers.
Weezy sells b/c NO ONE ELSE is out with even a 1/2 decent album. I must admit his flow is better and he has grown as artist but ain't some ninja writing his rhymes (saw it on you tube).
Clipse= a damn shame they are caught up in label bullshit. They can spit, they got beats, they are the REAL DEAL.

HeLLo iM iZzY
12-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Lil Weezy....LIRL !

Clipse > Weezy

The Ninja
12-16-2006, 04:34 PM
weezy > clipse. don't like jay-z but i can't say weezy>jay z. jay-z > weezy but jay z looks like a fuckin baboob so he loses anywayz. then again.... he got wit beyonce... so in my book he has his own lil place.

1SICKLEX
12-16-2006, 04:58 PM
u know I just though Hov fucks with Parrell beats and I dont think Clipse and Hov eva done a track together..that would be some hawt shit...

lmao at dude saying Weezy b kissing men....haahhhahahaha

Bballjamal
12-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Wayne is my age in community of established men! Not saying he's not, but when a new up and coming male enters the scene and finally gets his name out, he looks for the fastest way to get bigger. Jay-Z, Clipse, Pharrell.......they all have one HUGE thing over Wayne that may make Wayne mad. They all have a diverese or mainly huge white/latino/asian listening crowd. Even for black people, I can say less black people up north and out west listen to wayne than in the south. But can you really say that for pharell and jay z alone? They have the entire country on lock.....hell even outta country.....

something wayne doesn't have!

Just stuff flowing through my head, if it seems confusing just brush it off!

Bballjamal
12-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Also, when it comes to modern lyrics as of NOW, Wayne > them.......

sry...

2003/ mid 04 and before was baically ran by Jay even though most weren't feeling his songs.

I dunno though!

dueces

thinkfast®
12-16-2006, 06:24 PM
JAMAL YOU GOTTA POINT, I THINK WAYNE JUST FEELIN HIS SELF WAY TOO MUCH RIGHT NOW, AND I DONT BLAME HIM, THE BOY GOT SKILLS.. BUT ON THE REALS WHEN IT COME TO THAT DOPE, CLIPSE GOT THEM LYRICS ON LOCK, NOBODY FUCKIN W/ THEM, TOO BAD ABOUT THEIR LABEL SITUATION BUT THEM AND WEEZY ON A TRACK WOULD BE NONSENSE.. WEEZY NEED TO RELAX, HE STILL YOUND IN THE GAME TO TRY AND GET UP ON OTHER PEOPLE, ESP W/ GIANTS!!

1SICKLEX
12-16-2006, 06:31 PM
he has no point..the ninja dont write his own rhymes
i met him at GSU years ago. not only does he look like a troll but he came with a 300lbs 4 foot 7 white girl, so he sold at least one record to that genre...

Eurostunna07
12-16-2006, 06:34 PM
weezy got shit on lock. boooooooooi

thinkfast®
12-16-2006, 06:36 PM
LOL @ TROLL

Bballjamal
12-16-2006, 07:38 PM
he has no point..the ninja dont write his own rhymes
i met him at GSU years ago. not only does he look like a troll but he came with a 300lbs 4 foot 7 white girl, so he sold at least one record to that genre...

Yea, you're right, in a sense! He does it off the dome a lot! Who writes their own shit anymore..... :thinking: Diddy :thinking:

1SICKLEX
12-16-2006, 08:07 PM
I mean lil wayne cool...clearly a lot of younger cats feeling it...tha carter was pretty good...however he feeling himself a lil much now..
I mean he going at def jam..who cash money records got? boo and gotti? QT? hahhaha

Bballjamal
12-16-2006, 08:14 PM
^^ Yes yes! I see your point! But then, I have to give cash money 10x more respect as a label over Def Jam post '00-'01 lol! It used to be dedicated to the hood but it's a lot more white collar now :lmfao:

The Ninja
12-16-2006, 10:23 PM
weezy ain't dat young... he been around since project bitch days :)....

quickdodge®
12-16-2006, 11:17 PM
weezy > clipse.

You have the symbol backwards. Later, QD.

ironchef
12-16-2006, 11:24 PM
If only dre could've produced the clipses cd instead of the neptunes, then that shit woulda been instant fire/classic.

.blank cd
12-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Does anyone else think weezy post The Carter kinda sounds like Jay-Z? I think Weey is biting J's style.

Bballjamal
12-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Does anyone else think weezy post The Carter kinda sounds like Jay-Z? I think Weey is biting J's style.

hardly...

if anything his chants were semi biting J, but rapping style was no where near the same! Lyrics DEFINATELY weren't the same!

O, and weezy is MAD young compared to someone like J...Pharell has been behind the scenes forever and just recently started to make albums. But wayne has been rapping since, what, 14 or so....albums dropping at 16/17yrs old.....

JITB
12-17-2006, 12:57 PM
fuck wayne, i was just startin to maybe listen to his stuff. hes just acting out.. Ill give him props tho he keeps his name and his voice on the radio 365days a year, that little bastard is in every song on the radio..

lil boosie>wayne

any of yall ever listen to webbie and lil boosie?