PDA

View Full Version : Misc Jim Mora says he'll leave the Falcons to coach...

tony
12-15-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm listening to the radio and Jim Mora said in an interview that he would absolutely drop everything right now to coach the Washington Huskies. I don't have a link but he did say it, kind of disrespectful to the Falcons isn't it?

(link to audio on post 12)

Kelly
12-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Damn! That pisses me off...

Fast Shadow
12-15-2006, 11:57 AM
No wonder his players show no commitment.

Kelly
12-15-2006, 11:58 AM
BRING BACK DAN!

con
12-15-2006, 12:03 PM
collegiate football???

tony
12-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Yep.. understand Washington is home for Jim Mora

"I would leave the falcons even if we're in the middle of a playoff run"

He said it on Sportstalk 950am in Washington, I'm trying to find the entire interview. I can only quote from what I'm hearing on the radio. They're about to play it on 790 the zone again.

Kelly
12-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Gay...

Brett
12-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Check out the Falcons forum, Alot more to it, and reports are he is being fired today and an announcment is coming this afternoon

devin
12-15-2006, 12:08 PM
what is the site of the falcons forum

tony
12-15-2006, 12:11 PM
boards.atlantafalcons.com

Kelly
12-15-2006, 12:12 PM
I'm not finding the website...

tony
12-15-2006, 12:13 PM
http://softycentral.com/ssnds2006/061214.fbf_mora.ram

http://www.lloydchristmas.net/morafull.mp3

Supposedly a link to the interview, I'm at work so I cannot listen

Kelly
12-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Holly shit...

PhAtBoYMr2
12-15-2006, 12:25 PM
I knew mora probaly wouldn't be here after this season......

Kelly
12-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Yeah, but would they fire him right now... with three IMPORTANT games to go???

PhAtBoYMr2
12-15-2006, 12:32 PM
I doubt it, I think alot of it is just speculation from the boards.........Sopposively mora was "just joking" but we'll have to wait and see i guess

eS_05
12-15-2006, 12:33 PM
ummmm. damn!!!!!

Kelly
12-15-2006, 12:35 PM
http://softycentral.com/ssnds2006/061214.fbf_mora.ram

:eek:

Start listening around minute 14. How crazy...

Kelly
12-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Mora says he'd love to coach at U. Wash.
Falcons coach says he was just joking

By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 12/15/06

FLOWERY BRANCH — Falcons coach Jim Mora wants out? At a time when his team is in the throes of a playoff chase? To coach a college team in Seattle?

In an interview with KJR Radio in Seattle Friday morning with co-hosts Dave Mahler and Hugh Millen, Mora said he would love to coach his alma mater, the University of Washington - even if the Falcons are "in the middle of a playoff run. I'm packing my stuff and coming to Seattle."

It was not serious, both Mora and Millen said afterward.

"He was my college roommate and we were just talking and he threw that out there so it was like, 'okay.' We were clowning around," Mora said, referring to Millen. "It was nothing serious, trust me."

Millen and Mahler, later in their broadcast, tried to emphasize the supposed sarcastic nature of interview. In a phone interview, Millen tried to clarify things further.

"I know Jimmy really well and from his perspective he's talking to the Seattle market and it was his way of expressing his affection for the University of Washington," Millen said. "I didn't take it literally. I know how he feels about coaching the Falcons and Michael Vick and he loves it. I have a pretty good insight as to where his heart is and what he's thinking and he loves his situation there."

ESPN, which is affiliated with KJR, sent out transcripts and a link to the interview. A controversial buzz about Mora's remarks spread rapidly through radio, television, the Internet and print media.

Team owner Arthur Blank could not be reached for comment.

Here is a sample of the interview via transcripts emailed by ESPN:

Interviewer: "If there's an opening, and you're available, we want you to coach the Huskies."

Mora: "Well, I really have a lot of respect for [Washington Coach] Ty [Willingham], and I know he'll do a great job. But if he ever decides to move on, and get in the NFL or you know, go back to Notre Dame or whatever, if that job's open you'll find me at the friggin' head of the line with my resume in my hand ready to take that job."

Interviewer: "If you're available."

Mora: "It doesn't even matter if I'm available."

Interviewer: "So if you just won the Super Bowl, and it's available, you're there?"

Mora: "I'd be there."

Interviewer: "You're there, okay."

Mora: "I'd do it, I promise you that. Now, I want to see Ty succeed, and I want to see that program succeed. But if he decides at some point that he's ready to move on and they want me, I will be there. I don't care if we're in the middle of a playoff run I'm packing my stuff and coming back to Seattle."

Interviewer: "So, are you saying...?"

Mora: "You know, it's funny, and I mean that, and I'm dead serious, the further I get away from it the more I'm drawn to it. You know, that's the job I want, so..."

Interviewer: "You would leave the Falcons for that job?"

Mora: "Absolutely."

Interviewer: "Wow."

ShooterMcGavin
12-15-2006, 01:11 PM
lol

Kelly
12-15-2006, 01:12 PM
What an idiot :doh:

HeLLo iM iZzY
12-15-2006, 01:20 PM
el oh el.

eS_05
12-15-2006, 01:22 PM
well i hope he leaves!!!! we can get a better coach that can actually coach vick!!!!!!!!

Brett
12-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Statement from Falcons Head Coach Jim Mora concerning a radio interview on Seattle, Washington's KJR-AM

"First and foremost, I'm sorry. Despite my off-the-cuff intentions, what I said was not appropriate for my players, the Falcons organization and our fans, and Tyrone Willingham. I got too relaxed with the radio talk show host who is a former college roommate, and I got carried away with the banter.

I want every fan in Atlanta to know that my heart and passion are right here with the Falcons and winning our game this weekend."

PhAtBoYMr2
12-15-2006, 02:02 PM
i knew it, after mora said he would die for this team, i like the man he got alot of potential

Kelly
12-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Blank Comments:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/article.jsp?id=17169

Fast Shadow
12-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Is that bitch fired yet?

Hulud
12-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Check out the Falcons forum, Alot more to it, and reports are he is being fired today and an announcment is coming this afternoon
theres no way arthur is gonna fire mora right now

if the lose tomorrow then he would make the announcement

cause if he fired mora today the team would undoubtly lose tomorrow

the falcons still have a chance at playoffs, and no one in their right mind would do anything to fuck that up

VegetaRules
12-15-2006, 05:31 PM
theres no way arthur is gonna fire mora right now

if the lose tomorrow then he would make the announcement

cause if he fired mora today the team would undoubtly lose tomorrow

the falcons still have a chance at playoffs, and no one in their right mind would do anything to fuck that up

You mean other than Jim Mora.:lmfao: :lmao: lol I mean seriously this was the last thing Falcons needed. Unless he was just trying to take attention off his team, if thats the case, I can live with it. I know he's a goofy-ass mofo, but sometimes the goofiness goes a little far.

Good luck Falcons tomorrow.....Vegeta

ueyedgr8tness
12-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Lol damn i love mora that sucks but ppl talk about vick doing sh** well look who he got it from.

mabye mora:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

TeeJay
12-15-2006, 09:22 PM
WHY IS IT THERE IS ALWAYS DRAMA AROUND THE FALCONS?? SCREW MORA IF HE DOESNT WANNA COACH THE FALCONS, LET HIM GO TO SEATTLE AND COACH A COLLEGE TEAM THAT NOBODY GIVES 2 SHITS ABOUT. BRING BACK DAN REEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly
12-16-2006, 09:35 AM
So... Honest opinion on who will win???

I'm very ify

Hulud
12-16-2006, 09:42 AM
So... Honest opinion on who will win???

I'm very ify
:stupid:

i think its gonna be a close game

Kelly
12-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey, i'm not stupid! Lol...

Anyways, yeah. We're picked to lose but ya never know...

I want tickets!!! :cry:

Eurostunna07
12-16-2006, 06:42 PM
it was a lil joke chill out kids.
but if they dont get into the playoffs this yr, they need to get new recievers.