PDA

View Full Version : Headgasket Suggestions

Sammich
12-14-2006, 02:00 PM
probably about 6k more miles on the teg im going to do my timing belt, and since its leaking around the headgasket, i figure i might as well, while its torn down, replace the headgasket as well? what headgasket should i use..ive seen some 'cometic' gaskets on ebay that ive been thinking about, they come w/ ARP studs and the whole set up is like $230 +shipping.

suggestions are welcome as to what i should use.

thanks in advance:goodjob:

devin
12-14-2006, 02:01 PM
OEM

Sammich
12-14-2006, 02:02 PM
i plan on boostin probably 10k more miles though..

slowrolla97
12-14-2006, 06:31 PM
if you plan on boosting then try a bigger MM head gasket. it will drop compression which you want on a boosted car.

Sammich
01-03-2007, 01:48 PM
o0o0o0o a question ive always wondered..when u drop the compression on a car i.e. the c1, dnt u lose HP??

Vteckidd
01-03-2007, 02:47 PM
"leaking" from around the headgasket are is common on hondas. they usually leak from the distributor o ring, or the cam seal on that side of the motor an it pools up by the tranny.

if your car isnt smoking or overheating, dont replace the headgasket IMO.

if you want to run a thicker headgasket, thats fine, get ARP headstuds, but make sure you machine the head flat. But i think its a waste of money to run thicker headgaskets, that acutally INCREASES the chance of blowing a headgasket

NoPainT
01-03-2007, 02:51 PM
"leaking" from around the headgasket are is common on hondas. they usually leak from the distributor o ring, or the cam seal on that side of the motor an it pools up by the tranny.

if you want to run a thicker headgasket, thats fine, get ARP headstuds, but make sure you machine the head flat. But i think its a waste of money to run thicker headgaskets, that acutally INCREASES the chance of blowing a headgasket

I agree :goodjob:

Sammich
01-03-2007, 02:53 PM

:goodjob: wow..well im glad u told me that bout running a thicker headgasket. thats out of my mind now.

it smokes when i punch it and vtec engages, other than that, it doesnt smoke. i believe its blue smoke too. i forgot what the diff btwn blue smoke/white smoke/ and black smoke it is.