PDA

View Full Version : Car Pulls Right Under Hard Braking?!?!?!?

GTScoob
12-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Just got my car back from the body shop after a fender bender and had some new brake pads installed. Now the cars pulls hard to the right under hard braking.

I took it by an alignment shop earlier today and the alignment specs out.

What could be causing this?

green91
12-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Alot of things could cause it, anything from alignment issues to master cylinder seals

VegetaRules
12-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Yeah was thinking alignment or new master brake cylinder. Usually when one side goes out, it'll pull to the side thats stronger when you hit the brakes. One side will grab harder, thus the pulling....Vegeta

GTScoob
12-13-2006, 07:06 PM
It feels like the front left caliper isnt doing anything so that could mean the master cylinder.

Would a dead master cylinder also lead to the brakes sticking? It seems like the car doesnt roll as much in neutral as it used to, almost feels like the e-brake is on ever so slightly.

My master cylinder was out of a wrecked WRX that I picked up when I did the 5spd swap, I dont know the mileage on it or what condition it was in.

green91
12-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Yes ive replaced several MC for dragging & locking up brakes. Typically brakes work in a diagonal system, so if your LF isnt braking well and youve got a MC problem, its likely your RR also wont be working well.

nofive-0
12-13-2006, 11:53 PM
Also could be the booster