PDA

View Full Version : Is this legal?

Mr_Mischif
12-13-2006, 01:19 PM
So I'm chilling on a wall, playing a game on my calculator (was really bored @ the time, don't act like you weren't there before), and then this resource officer comes over and tells me I can't play it. I'm like why, and he tells me it's an electronic device, which are prohibited at school. It's a calculator!! Here is a snippet of the conversation that comes next.

Him-Is it instructional time?
Me-No. (We just came from lunch, it was still the transitional time b/w lunches)
Him-Does this calculator have functions other than standard calculation functions?
Me-Yes. (It's a TI-84 SE)
Him-Then you have to put it up.

Now were it a Gameboy or DS, I could totally understand, since those are true game devices, but this is a calculator; I need it for school! Plus it was a break time, where nobody would be doing work, and it's not like I would be distracting anyone (standing in the hallway). And I shoulda told him that his little 2-way radio would be considered the same, and shouldn't be at school too!

Bit I digress, and that's why I'm asking: would it be legal for him to tell me what to do with MY free time OUT OF SCHOOL (putting the game on said calculator), what to do with MY PROPERTY (playing said game), and tell me what to do with MY free time DURING BREAK (playing said game). I just don't believe this is legal, and he wouldn't tell me why it would be legal in the first place.

ct9a gsr
12-13-2006, 01:26 PM
lol @ minors =D

PIITB
12-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Your in high school, it's their rules... You have no rights..

HalfBaked
12-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Grow up bitch.

Mr_Mischif
12-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Your in high school, it's their rules... You have no rights..

Constitutional rules>school rules, & constitutional rules say I can do whatever the fuck I want with my property; 5th Amendment.

lol @ minors =D

Well lol @ you too.

Grow up bitch.

I seriously don't feel like e-thugging right now. Please refrain.

HalfBaked
12-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Constitutional rules>school rules, & constitutional rules say I can do whatever the fuck I want with my property; 5th Amendment.

Well lol @ you too.

Jesus Christ, you're 15.

Yea, go tell your teacher that you can do whatever the fuck you want with your property 5th amendment and see what happens. Hell take it to the supreme court and see what happens.

Grow up kid. You don't know shit.

Nitro
12-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Him-Then you have to put it up.

blacknightteg
haha thats some funny shit. stupid.

ct9a gsr
You're 15?

You have any cute female classmates? =x =x =x

lol @ minors =D

purplehazing
12-13-2006, 01:50 PM
wow wow wow is this really a topic??????????

PIITB
12-13-2006, 01:51 PM
This guy sounds just like Thinkfast...

Ran
12-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Bit I digress, and that's why I'm asking: would it be legal for him to tell me what to do with MY free time OUT OF SCHOOL (putting the game on said calculator), what to do with MY PROPERTY (playing said game), and tell me what to do with MY free time DURING BREAK (playing said game). I just don't believe this is legal, and he wouldn't tell me why it would be legal in the first place.You're on THEIR PROPERTY so you're bound by THEIR RULES.

5th Amendment? Don't even start down that path. If you're still in high school and are already trying to warp political correctness to get what you want, then you're well on your way to a sh*t-ridden life full of disappointment.

Also, it's a game. Big deal. Is it really worth the headache and complaining?

Nitro
12-13-2006, 01:54 PM
You're on THEIR PROPERTY so you're bound by THEIR RULES.

5th Amendment? Don't even start down that path. If you're still in high school and are already trying to warp political correctness to get what you want, then you're well on your way to a sh*t-ridden life full of disappointment.

Also, it's a game. Big deal. Is it really worth the headache and complaining?

TELL HIM AGAIN!!!! :lmfao:

blacknightteg
12-13-2006, 01:58 PM
so what did you really do? playing a calculator and getting bitched at for legite reason cant be the twist in the story.

Jecht
12-13-2006, 02:01 PM
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU EVEN WANT TO PLAY GAMES ON A CALCULATOR???

lol

SniperJoe
12-13-2006, 02:02 PM

Nope, that isn't the way it works. Schools can break your constitutional rights all the time.

hemi
12-13-2006, 02:03 PM
No, it's not legal. It is an infringement of your constitutional rights.... You should sue the officer, the school, and the government....:no:

Ran
12-13-2006, 02:04 PM
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU EVEN WANT TO PLAY GAMES ON A CALCULATOR???

lolI had Tetris and a ghetto Doom game on mine. I was poor and couldn't afford both a calculator and a Gameboy. So I got a calculator that could double as a Gameboy. :D

wantboost
12-13-2006, 02:05 PM
lol just hack the school network if it is anything like dhhs then it should be rather easy to do it from the inside.

imbosile
12-13-2006, 02:09 PM
back in highschool we could play calculator games just as long as you werent in class. they take that stuff pretty seriously. i'm just surprised you made a thread about his, lol.

blacknightteg
12-13-2006, 02:14 PM
highschool is so hardchore now, she's a rebel. she wants to be known as " girl who played hall in calculator" big social status improvement. lol.

Ran
12-13-2006, 02:22 PM
highschool is so hardchore now, she's a rebel. she wants to be known as " girl who played hall in calculator" big social status improvement. lol.Is this a direct reflection of modern high school education? :lmfao:

Jecht
12-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Lol @ no Gameboy in HS. Haha I even remember playing videogames during my classes on several occasions. Nobody ever said anything. :ninja:

Is this a direct reflection of modern high school education? :lmfao:
Why, yes. Yes it is. You should hear the way some of the people in my graduating class speak. Its funny because you can't tell what they are saying.

Hulud
12-13-2006, 02:27 PM

Well lol @ you too.

THE 5th AMMENDMENT? LOLOLOL

that aint gonna help you out at all in this case :lmfao:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

thats the 5th amendment

Ran
12-13-2006, 02:29 PM
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

thats the 5th amendmentOh sh*t! Homeboy might have a case on his hands! :eek:

ShooterMcGavin
12-13-2006, 02:33 PM
at first i thought this thread was a joke, then i read he was 15 :headslap: :lmfao:

Mike Lowrey
12-13-2006, 02:40 PM
WTF!!!

Why do we have these dumbass kids on here anyway. They are a waste of my good air!

Go back to mommy you pieces of shit. Yo are not wanted here.

FUCK OFF!

Leadfoot_mf
12-13-2006, 02:47 PM
dude what u need to do is get a gun, take it to school, go to the same hallway, pull out gun and shoot yourself in the fucking head.

Mike Lowrey
12-13-2006, 02:52 PM
When I'm done, Ima go home, smoke a joint and kick yo ass!

jR1_kS14
12-13-2006, 04:07 PM
what school do you go to? at duluth everyone walks around from class to class with their phones and ipods out and i have yet to see any teacher complain.

unkn0wndj
12-13-2006, 04:10 PM
what school do you go to? at duluth everyone walks around from class to class with their phones and ipods out and i have yet to see any teacher complain.

^^^

Jecht
12-13-2006, 04:16 PM
WTF!!!

Why do we have these dumbass kids on here anyway. They are a waste of my good air!

Go back to mommy you pieces of shit. Yo are not wanted here.

FUCK OFF!

Uh... I might be wrong, but I remember seeing somewhere that you should be 18 to use IA?

Ran
12-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Lol @ no Gameboy in HS.Ha!

Mike Lowrey
12-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Uh... I might be wrong, but I remember seeing somewhere that you should be 18 to use IA?

I beleive you are supposed to be 18+, but it seems like we get too many kids coming on here. Wish they would go back to Pre-K.

Jecht
12-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Ha!

HAHAHAHHAHA... damnit it won't let me rep you anymore...

HeLLo iM iZzY
12-13-2006, 06:16 PM
What a thread, lol !

Z32redondo
12-13-2006, 06:27 PM
...eh...um...errrrr...DIAF

PRiMAdonna
12-13-2006, 06:43 PM
high school = jail.

they make the rules.

suck it up and graduate like the rest of us did, or drop out.

koukis14
12-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Ask him why he never became a REAL cop.

Hulud
12-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Oh sh*t! Homeboy might have a case on his hands! :eek:
nah thats only in reference to the law govt doin it to you not an institution

Evil Goat
12-13-2006, 07:59 PM
sooo...im missing the point here, the only thing you have to worry about in life is the flashlight cop made you put away your calculator?

jesus....real life is gonna rip off your nuts and chew them up as you cry like the bitch that you are....kids today suck....when i was in highschool i worried more about pussy than calculator games...faggot

AlliRae
12-13-2006, 08:21 PM
you will be out of highschool eventually.... deal with it till then... or drop out that is an option too... i just graduated... you'll understand in a few years

civic95
12-13-2006, 08:39 PM
They just don't want you detonating any devices you might of hidden earlier that morning.

Just quit school, and you won't have to put up with that shit.

Leadfoot_mf
12-14-2006, 05:56 PM
sooo...im missing the point here, the only thing you have to worry about in life is the flashlight cop made you put away your calculator?

jesus....real life is gonna rip off your nuts and chew them up as you cry like the bitch that you are....kids today suck....when i was in highschool i worried more about pussy than calculator games...faggot

damn must spread the rep. :(

Alan®
12-14-2006, 06:08 PM
lol at this whole thread

4dmin
12-14-2006, 06:12 PM
lol funny... tomorrow you should do it in the same but just be doing some math; keep playing it off like your playing a game when he comes over be like i love math - :lmao:

§treet_§peed
12-14-2006, 06:31 PM
i used to drink at school..in the parking lot, in the hallways..hell in the class rooms...:D