PDA

View Full Version : autocross

chris13
12-13-2006, 08:36 AM
hey yall where can i get some info on autodross events around here? i think id like to give it a shot and see what its all about.
thanks

Halfwit
12-13-2006, 08:50 AM
www.soloatlanta.com

next season starts i nmarch i believe.

99SI
12-13-2006, 09:10 AM
It is a good time you should come out. I was planning to run the whole season however my engine took a shit about a week before the second event and I'm just now getting it back on the road. There are a lot of good people that are very willing to help. I was very lost at my first one as far as the air pressures I needed to run etc. and I had a very nice guy, Barry Seiny(sp?) with a green M3 that jumped right in and helped me.

Halfwit
12-13-2006, 09:18 AM
u doin this year? i was thinkin bout it.

99SI
12-13-2006, 09:43 AM
If I still have my car I absolutely will

Halfwit
12-13-2006, 09:49 AM
where would it be going?

chris13
12-13-2006, 05:40 PM
i definitely wanna try this so when it comes round anyone wanna help me out?:goodjob:

joesblk_teg
12-13-2006, 10:00 PM
yeah i will be competeing next season, i started at the end of this past season its a lot of fun im running a red 92 miata in E stock class its alot of fun and after a couple events you really start to figure out what your cars limits are!!

fawk_you
12-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Such a blast!

.MuNKeY.
12-14-2006, 03:16 AM
there's an event happening on jekyll island this coming sunday.

http://www.buccaneerregion.org/soloschedule.html

i wanted to go but couldn't get work off...:(

you should go.

chris13
12-14-2006, 06:28 AM
yea i might have to go down and check it out

santacruz77
12-14-2006, 11:16 AM
ya im gonna start when the season starts back up in my s13 ill be slow but itll still be fun

Elbow
12-14-2006, 09:40 PM
I plan on running the whole season in my 92 Civic hatch. Autocross :goodjob:

efman
12-14-2006, 09:42 PM
i'm hoping to get in on it also

JDMBeau
12-14-2006, 11:53 PM
i am going to try and run all the turner field events this year, and next year probally the whole season

mnjh94
12-15-2006, 12:16 AM
there's one start on January... couldnt remember where..

I'm selling autox tires r comp.. kumho v710 205/50/15 on 4x100 steelies..$300 used only 4 events. still can be used for a whole season next year.

chris13
12-15-2006, 03:15 AM
yea i do believe im gonna have to get into this from what ive heard on here and other forums and looking around it seems like a blast

Cool Cat GTR
12-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Please accept our invitation to join us in 2007 for the Middle Georgia Region SCCA autocross events. Here's a link to our site and schedule: http://www.thescca.com/ We're changing our internet host so the site may be down for a few days but come back and check it out. We usually get a few folks from the Atlanta Region at our events. Our typical event will have 30 to 40 entries and lately, we've been able to give everyone eight runs. For 2007 we've adjusted our schedule and we believe we can have ten runs for everyone plus fun runs afterwards. It's a great group of folks that will gladly help anyone that wants assistance. We like to refer to the way we treat our participants as something they would expect in Mayberry. Our next event is in January. We also partner closely with the Ocmulgee Region of the PCA. They have a big event scheduled in March in Macon. The venue will be the entire parking lot of the Macon Centreplex. Lots of fun stuff going on in Central Georgia and we'd love to have you come down and check us out.

Elbow
12-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Sounds good, I will check out your regions events as well! Can't wait!

ranj
12-23-2006, 01:39 AM
this sounds awsome, i would really like to try this as well, i ordered a new set of adjustable springs today too!! lol. i'm very hyped.

cornercarver78
12-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Hate to thread jack... but i've also been interested in auto x. I've got an ls swapped eg so as far as I know I will have to run in open class aginst full on race cars. If someone familiar with this is listening pls. Pm me 'cus i've got a couple of questions. Thanks, Ian

Cool Cat GTR
12-28-2006, 07:35 PM
Hate to thread jack... but i've also been interested in auto x. I've got an ls swapped eg so as far as I know I will have to run in open class aginst full on race cars. If someone familiar with this is listening pls. Pm me 'cus i've got a couple of questions. Thanks, Ian

The SCCA has a good classing system that keeps "like" cars together. Lots of cars that participate have engine swaps and there are specific classes for them. A good friend of mine has a GSR swap in a Del Sol and he races in Street Mod 2. I suspect that would be the class you would run in too. The best thing about autocross is a lot of effort is spent keeping comparables together. In the end, the whole fun of autocrossing is to see how much you can improve against yourself. Give it a try.

mnjh94
12-29-2006, 12:24 AM

Ian.. pretty sure you'll be in Street Mod Class..
for 1st 2 event you join.. you'll be in NOvice class till you know what class you in to and requirement you need to know.
for more info soloatlanta.com will give you more info..

joesblk_teg
12-29-2006, 08:04 AM
The SCCA has a good classing system that keeps "like" cars together. Lots of cars that participate have engine swaps and there are specific classes for them. A good friend of mine has a GSR swap in a Del Sol and he races in Street Mod 2. I suspect that would be the class you would run in too. The best thing about autocross is a lot of effort is spent keeping comparables together. In the end, the whole fun of autocrossing is to see how much you can improve against yourself. Give it a try.
yeah like he said the most fun part is trying to improve your own time, and pushing your car to the limits.