PDA

View Full Version : 01 R6 F/S!!!

JDMracer16
12-12-2006, 01:33 PM
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Whats up guys...unfortunately i have to get rid of my 2001 Yamaha YZF R6.
This is an excellent bike and a blast to ride. It was owned by a older man
in his late 30's for over two years and he took great care of it. Being that
this is my only mode of transportation, and it is winter, i need to sell it.
The bike just turned over 20,000 miles. I have matching leather gloves, a
leather jacket, and helmet that i am willing to throw in. I am asking $3300
obo for everything and i am also open to trades.

The Good:
Leo Vince full exhaust (including header)
Brand new 520 chain and sprocket
Brand new Mercedes Benz Silver paint
Carbon fiber mirrors and rear turn signals
Smoked amber front turn signals

The Bad:
The carborator needs to cleaned out
The spark plugs need to be replaced (100 dollar tune up will cover both)
The rear seat is missing (60 dollars)

I can be reached at 770-317-2586
Taylor

ŁG2♣
12-12-2006, 01:34 PM
DAMN GOOD DEAL....gl selling it

N/A EK
12-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Nice deal, g/l with the sale.

JDMracer16
12-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Thanx guys

mezzies96teg
12-12-2006, 02:27 PM
bump for taylor's pimp ass bike...i would get this but i would kill myself lol...good luck with the sale man

ŁG2♣
12-12-2006, 02:30 PM
damn ill hit u up in about 2 hours about this.....i know some one who may be interested

Sammich
12-12-2006, 02:34 PM
what u tradin for??

Spectic Tank
12-12-2006, 02:43 PM
Has it ever been laid down? Was it painted silver when you got it? and what size sprockets(# of teeth)?Thanks

efman
12-12-2006, 03:03 PM
if only i was'nt poor

Killer
12-12-2006, 03:10 PM
only if i had a car for winter and rain.. i'd give up my eg in a heart beat...

JDMracer16
12-12-2006, 03:24 PM
I have never laid it down and yes it was repainted about 3 weeks before a bought it. it has a 43 on the rear and a 13 or 14 on the front i cant quiet remember, the final drive ratio was slightly smaller than stock and i had those replace about 6 weeks ago.

JDMracer16
12-12-2006, 03:26 PM
what u tradin for??
what u got?

JDMracer16
12-12-2006, 03:26 PM
bump for taylor's pimp ass bike...i would get this but i would kill myself lol...good luck with the sale man
priciate that mez

Boostedek
12-12-2006, 04:04 PM
you got PM

PhAtBoYMr2
12-12-2006, 05:39 PM
is this bike sold yet?

95droppedhatch
12-12-2006, 06:28 PM
you have a pm

Tommy_T
12-12-2006, 07:24 PM
bump for taylors beautiful r6.

Humphrizzle
12-12-2006, 09:15 PM
nice bike.. has been passed all around newnan..

JDMracer16
12-12-2006, 10:43 PM
yes the bike is still for sale...thanx for the comment Tommy

Driftk1d350z
12-12-2006, 11:13 PM
wish i could have a bike...

JDMracer16
12-13-2006, 02:53 PM
bump

1SwollDude
12-13-2006, 04:58 PM
bump for a buddy

WickedIXMR
12-13-2006, 05:40 PM
pm sent

Tommy_T
12-13-2006, 09:44 PM
has been passed all around newnan..

your mom has too billy.

JDMracer16
12-13-2006, 09:47 PM
your mom has too billy.
HAHAHAHAHAHA, its cool he doesnt kno what hes talkin bout

nofive-0
12-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Ill buy it back for what you payed for it.
And that exhaust has been discontinued. And how the fuck did you loose my seat.

ŁG2♣
12-13-2006, 11:51 PM
01 r6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just so you know that silver r6 was my old bike. I babied it and was the THIRD owner. The bike had been laid down by the first owner then sold to the second. I bought it from the second owner who painted it silver and was in his late 20's. It had 16,000 miles on it at that point. I rode it all last summer and like I said babied it, the bike never gave me any problems and I had the tire on the front that is on there now put on. The bike started to develop the infamous second gear problems so I sold it to a guy I knew for a loss. I heard that the guy I sold it to beat the living shit out of it, and I witnissed it. He wheelied it through 3rd when I let him ride it to see if he wanted it. When he got back the bike was his and he stole my helmet. I sold it the past september or so. He then turned around and sold it to the guy who is currently selling it who has never had insurance on the bike and not even a car drivers license. Anything he has told you that he has done to the bike is false, except for the sprockets. He is the 5th owner. I do not doubt that he says the carb needs to be cleaned and wires and plug need to be changed because that is what is causing the studder in second gear. Just do a little research into the second gear problem on 1st gen r6's. Just thought I would pass on some useful information on to you. Btw the oldest one of all those guys posting saying bump is 19.

i recieved this from ******....SO WHATS WRONG WITH THE BIKE? SPEAK TRUTHFULLY....so who ever buys this bike head home satisfied....

WickedIXMR
12-14-2006, 01:30 AM
Fukcing owned!

topsecret2JZ
12-14-2006, 04:58 AM
i will give you 1500 for it cash if you are interested

DelxxxSol
12-14-2006, 09:47 AM
1600 and ill take it HEHE

JDMracer16
12-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Like i said before...the carb needs to be cleaned, the plugs need to be changed(your infomous second gear problem) i had it checked out already by a shop in marietta...i kno that, the sceond gear does jerk with 8000rpms are reached. Now half of ur shit is false...cody owned it for a while, couldnt ride it because he lives in a dorm and it stayed at his parents house...he sold it to my friend chant who owned it for one month and road it for TWO days, because he was in the marines and realized there was no point in having it. He was only around it for two days then went back out of town. I bought it from him and just so u kno i do having fucking insurance and a fuck drivers license. What the fuck did i claim i did to except for the sprokets...nothing...it had this shit done when i bought the bike.

ŁG2♣
12-14-2006, 11:15 AM
thats what i recieved in a PM.....i had to put it out so ALL BUYERS BEWARE....that message said no one above this your messsage was over 19 who doesnt have driver license? some bs like that i have a about two more pm from the same guy also.....

JDMracer16
12-14-2006, 11:23 AM
just so everyone knos, im not gonna screw anybody over, i ride this bike everyday its not too cold, buts its starting to too cold, i have to get to work and need a car. if this bike was fucked up i would sell it for some low ass price to get it the fuck away.i feel like its price low enough. dont beware any buyers when the product isnt a peace of shit. who ever is sending u these pms is a fucking liar. i guess i pissed them off or something

JDMracer16
12-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Fukcing owned!
fucking blow me! arent you that 15 year old or something that was starting shit with the mercedes guy because you have an evo that ur dad bought you?

Spectic Tank
12-14-2006, 11:35 AM
thats what i recieved in a PM.....i had to put it out so ALL BUYERS BEWARE....that message said no one above this your messsage was over 19 who doesnt have driver license? some bs like that i have a about two more pm from the same guy also.....

Thank you...I remember this bike being sold before on IA and I remember asking specifically about the second gear and being laid down. He told me it was laid down and had second gear "slippage" which is very common for these bikes. Although, changing spark plugs will not remedy this problem, it happens because the forks in the transmission get bent(and it's not an easy or cheap fix either). Also, it has a 43 tooth sprocket in the back...that's some "intersting" gearing, how does it perform? and whats the wear on the chain like...i would think u would be going through chains left and right with such a small rear sprocket.

WickedIXMR
12-14-2006, 11:52 AM
fucking blow me! arent you that 15 year old or something that was starting shit with the mercedes guy because you have an evo that ur dad bought you?
Umm No im not 15 years old get your facts straight dumb ass faggot, go put a cock in your mouth mother fucker and eat shit bitch.

Spectic Tank
12-14-2006, 12:07 PM

that sounds like a good offer...

JDMracer16
12-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Thank you...I remember this bike being sold before on IA and I remember asking specifically about the second gear and being laid down. He told me it was laid down and had second gear "slippage" which is very common for these bikes. Although, changing spark plugs will not remedy this problem, it happens because the forks in the transmission get bent(and it's not an easy or cheap fix either). Also, it has a 43 tooth sprocket in the back...that's some "intersting" gearing, how does it perform? and whats the wear on the chain like...i would think u would be going through chains left and right with such a small rear sprocket.
your refering to the shifting forks and no i had those checked out also when i had the new chain and sprockets put on. yes they do get bent and its not a cheap fix but thats not the problem, it shifts fine. the chain is in good condition, there has been an incident of a chain snapping because of the 520 sizing and a 43 gear in the rear end, but that has happened once, that anyone has ever known about, that i have talked to. Thats what the guys at motions told me, they never even knew the guy, and have never seen it happen, but have heard one story about it

JDMracer16
12-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Umm No im not 15 years old get your facts straight dumb ass faggot, go put a cock in your mouth mother fucker and eat shit bitch.
wow im a kid who can talk shit over IA...over a fuckin computer...dont waste my time...i have better things to do then read ur dumbass shit...my number is listed do what u want!

JDMracer16
12-14-2006, 12:15 PM
2900 bottom dollar, FIRM, its not a peace of shit

paulg18
12-14-2006, 07:11 PM
your dad still bought you the evo though....

this bike is really nice... i was there with talking to the people at motions and heard the same story. The guy that put on the new chain and sprockets has been working on bikes since WickedIXMR was still sucking on his moms tits...

yeaiwonder88
12-14-2006, 10:03 PM
I personally owned the bike and yes the bike is in good condition and the only thing it needs is the spark plugs......And who say me ride a wheelie in 3rd gear on an r6 with a broken 2nd gear common people think before you say things......am i correct??? Think if the 2nd gear jerks how did i shift to third......So i will vouch for this bike......and it was cody....who sent you those dumbass pms....thanks...the only reason he sent those to you is because i wouldnt sell him back the bike.......end of story....

mezzies96teg
12-15-2006, 01:54 AM
wow this thread got whored up quick...fuck i look away for a sec and this thing got out of control...this bike is the shit...someone is going to be a very happy buyer riding this home.....BuMp

Tommy_T
12-15-2006, 01:59 AM
yea, someone off of this thread is gonna have a real nice bike. mother fuckers on here just fuck everything up. good job kids :goodjob:

Spectic Tank
12-15-2006, 11:00 AM
yea, someone off of this thread is gonna have a real nice bike. mother fuckers on here just fuck everything up. good job kids :goodjob:

No one's tryin to fuck up anyone's thread, people just want to get the facts out there about the bike like:
1. It's been laid down
2. It has second gear issues (which doesn't mean you can't get the bike in 3rd, It just means the transmission will slip in second gear)

Maybe they will have a nice bike, but they should know exactly what they're getting.

Spectic Tank
12-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Like i said before...the carb needs to be cleaned, the plugs need to be changed(your infomous second gear problem) i had it checked out already by a shop in marietta...i kno that, the sceond gear does jerk with 8000rpms are reached. Now half of ur shit is false...cody owned it for a while, couldnt ride it because he lives in a dorm and it stayed at his parents house...he sold it to my friend chant who owned it for one month and road it for TWO days, because he was in the marines and realized there was no point in having it. He was only around it for two days then went back out of town. I bought it from him and just so u kno i do having fucking insurance and a fuck drivers license. What the fuck did i claim i did to except for the sprokets...nothing...it had this shit done when i bought the bike.

I don't see what the spark plugs have to do with the transmission slipping in secong gear...this is a problem with the transmission.It is an imfamous problem and your bike has all the symptoms. Which shop did u take it to?

Tommy_T
12-15-2006, 03:37 PM
No one's tryin to fuck up anyone's thread, people just want to get the facts out there about the bike like:
1. It's been laid down
2. It has second gear issues (which doesn't mean you can't get the bike in 3rd, It just means the transmission will slip in second gear)

Maybe they will have a nice bike, but they should know exactly what they're getting.

1. It's been laid down

people on here are accusing taylor (jdmracer16) of lying to everyone since he did not say anything about the problems. he did not know it was ever layed down since it was recently painted and no one told him about it. i have ridden this bike a few times before and have never noticed a problem. maybe there is only a problem if you dog the hell out of it and try to tear shit up, you probably will notice some problems. taylor does not do that to his vehicles, being a car or a bike. also on this, no one told him about the problems. this is an awesome bike, but because of the shit that already happened, this bike will not be sold on here for a great price that he was asking. now because of this bullshit, it just brings out all of the lowballers. this bike is worth every penny he is asking.

ratedEG
12-15-2006, 04:39 PM
seen this bike in person and seen what it can do. very nice great price!!!

JDMracer16
12-15-2006, 05:47 PM
thanx for the support guys, i took it to motions in marietta, if it does have a second gear problem it would jerk whenever you hit 8000rpms, but it doesnt you have to have the throttle wide open for it to do. if i didnt have confidence in this bike, i would use it as a daily driver, the bike is fine, the power band engagues at 8000 also and if theres not enough spark it hesitates because of the extra power and not enough spark...thats my understading

Humphrizzle
12-15-2006, 10:09 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA, its cool he doesnt kno what hes talkin bout

wtf.. it was that one guys, then chants then now yours.. and you are selling it.. fuck you dude.

mezzies96teg
12-16-2006, 12:45 AM
come on billy don't bash on taylors thread...what's with all the bullshit???

Tommy_T
12-16-2006, 02:13 AM
wtf.. it was that one guys, then chants then now yours.. and you are selling it.. fuck you dude.

wrong bike billy..........

typerek
12-16-2006, 02:52 AM
man i wish i could have a bike but don't know nothing about them or how to ride them rather pop vtec than wheelies lol. i hate when people bash threads good luck and fuck the haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spectic Tank
12-16-2006, 09:34 AM
people on here are accusing taylor (jdmracer16) of lying to everyone since he did not say anything about the problems. he did not know it was ever layed down since it was recently painted and no one told him about it. i have ridden this bike a few times before and have never noticed a problem. maybe there is only a problem if you dog the hell out of it and try to tear shit up, you probably will notice some problems. taylor does not do that to his vehicles, being a car or a bike. also on this, no one told him about the problems. this is an awesome bike, but because of the shit that already happened, this bike will not be sold on here for a great price that he was asking. now because of this bullshit, it just brings out all of the lowballers. this bike is worth every penny he is asking.

I wasn't tryin to accuse him of lying, I just wanted everyone to know what they were buying. Your gonna tell me that I know that the bike was laid down cause the guy who was selling on here told me, and JdmRacer didnt even ask(a lot of bikes that have been painted have been laid down).

Spectic Tank
12-16-2006, 09:37 AM
thanx for the support guys, i took it to motions in marietta, if it does have a second gear problem it would jerk whenever you hit 8000rpms, but it doesnt you have to have the throttle wide open for it to do. if i didnt have confidence in this bike, i would use it as a daily driver, the bike is fine, the power band engagues at 8000 also and if theres not enough spark it hesitates because of the extra power and not enough spark...thats my understading

any time the transmission jerks its not good, especially if you're at open throttle:screwy:

UpSideDownDesi
12-16-2006, 10:08 AM
from what i have read.... I'll say... whoever buys this bike will gun it and drive it they stole it sooner or later. In a way saying, "just don't push it hard" is like owning a Ferrari and saying "just don't push it hard". These things are made to be pushed around and to have fun with. Price is indeed an great price, but 2 wheels, insane speed capability, and add a problem with tranny on top....not safe for me or anyone. I would recommned the buyer to get a estimate on the problem or fix the problem (eat half of the price and rest add in the asking price). Will def bring in more potential buyers.

JDMracer16
12-16-2006, 10:59 AM
you can push it as hard as you want, the problem hasnt gotten any worse, thats another reason i dont think its the tranny, i guess you would just have to ride to know what i mean

Humphrizzle
12-16-2006, 02:34 PM
way to be dicks about it though.

nofive-0
12-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Im not trying to internet race with anyone, and I am definitly not trying to contribute to the IA bullshi. I just wanted some of the interested people to know what exacly what this bike has seen. I'm not telling anyone to eat shit and die, and I was not trying to fuck up Taylor selling my old bike.

My input:
When I bought this bike in may of this year it did not have 2nd gear issuses. I worked at a golf course and I rode this bike almost everyday. It ran (and probably still does) awesomely. It started to develop a jerk at about 12k rpms in second gear and SECOND GEAR only, but it did not even do it all the time. At the time I did not know any better and thought it was the clutch slipping when the bike got hot, a legitimate assumption. When I sold the bike to yeaiwonder88 I told him this and all of the other stuff about the bike being dropped before.

- The bike has been dropped before. It was repaired and repainted over 4 years ago. Unless it has been repaired, there is road rash on the brake lever and bottom of the stator cover. Like I said it has been repaired and the paint was in good shape when I sold it and probably still is.

- I was the 3rd onwer of this bike and JDMracer is the 5th.

- The only time that I saw the 5th owner (yeaiwonder88) ride the bike was on the test ride. He wheelied it out of the parking lot bouncing off the limiter. And the agreement was that I would get my helmet after you went and got one that fit. You even called and told me that you were going to drop it off at my house. And let me tell you how mad I am because "Taylor wouldn't sell me the bike back" he never even responded to that question.

- I suggest that anybody interested in the bike ride it. If you have the balls rev it out in first then third then second. If nothing happens then I will put my foot in my mouth. But woulnd't you think that it is odd if its the plugs and wires that it only does it in second?

- I was under the assumption that jdmracer has never had insurance on the bike. That was what I was told.

check this out. Like I said im 99% sure the bike has this problem
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11175&highlight=gear+problem

Dudeman
12-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Im not trying to internet race with anyone, and I am definitly not trying to contribute to the IA bullshi. I just wanted some of the interested people to know what exacly what this bike has seen. I'm not telling anyone to eat shit and die, and I was not trying to fuck up Taylor selling my old bike.

My input:
When I bought this bike in may of this year it did not have 2nd gear issuses. I worked at a golf course and I rode this bike almost everyday. It ran (and probably still does) awesomely. It started to develop a jerk at about 12k rpms in second gear and SECOND GEAR only, but it did not even do it all the time. At the time I did not know any better and thought it was the clutch slipping when the bike got hot, a legitimate assumption. When I sold the bike to yeaiwonder88 I told him this and all of the other stuff about the bike being dropped before.

- The bike has been dropped before. It was repaired and repainted over 4 years ago. Unless it has been repaired, there is road rash on the brake lever and bottom of the stator cover. Like I said it has been repaired and the paint was in good shape when I sold it and probably still is.

- I was the 3rd onwer of this bike and JDMracer is the 5th.

- The only time that I saw the 5th owner (yeaiwonder88) ride the bike was on the test ride. He wheelied it out of the parking lot bouncing off the limiter. And the agreement was that I would get my helmet after you went and got one that fit. You even called and told me that you were going to drop it off at my house. And let me tell you how mad I am because "Taylor wouldn't sell me the bike back" he never even responded to that question.

- I suggest that anybody interested in the bike ride it. If you have the balls rev it out in first then third then second. If nothing happens then I will put my foot in my mouth. But woulnd't you think that it is odd if its the plugs and wires that it only does it in second?

- I was under the assumption that jdmracer has never had insurance on the bike. That was what I was told.

check this out. Like I said im 99% sure the bike has this problem
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11175&highlight=gear+problem

i can vouch, ive seen said issues first hand. does it still have the neons?

Spectic Tank
12-16-2006, 10:27 PM
This bike has all the symptons of a bent fork in the transmission...not trying to say that this bike is a piece of shit, considering this is a very common problem with the 1st gen r6. Simply, whoever buys this bike should be aware of this problem and aware of the cost involved in fixing it.:2cents:

Spectic Tank
12-16-2006, 10:28 PM
you can push it as hard as you want, the problem hasnt gotten any worse, thats another reason i dont think its the tranny, i guess you would just have to ride to know what i mean

Just because it hasn't gotten worse doesn't mean it's not going to...

Humphrizzle
12-16-2006, 11:39 PM
damn.. i didnt have the wrong bike, asshole.

nofive-0
12-17-2006, 01:34 AM
i can vouch, ive seen said issues first hand. does it still have the neons?

Hahaha yea the neons look to still be intact.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/nofive-0/IMG_2872n.jpg

Tommy_T
12-17-2006, 02:30 PM
damn.. i didnt have the wrong bike, asshole.

your one dumb mother fucker.

yeaiwonder88
12-17-2006, 02:36 PM
same i agree i saw the biek last night and it still had neons....but codys just a bitch cause they wont sell the bike back to him.....thats the way to get things you want...BULLSHIT ABOUT IT.....but what would i know......right???? cause honestly i took very good care of it.....

Humphrizzle
12-17-2006, 03:21 PM
your one dumb mother fucker.

explain.

JDMracer16
12-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Bump it up

hemi
12-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Don't want to lowball, but mildly interested.... The tranny issue is a concern...

PM me bottom dollar. Have cash in hand