PDA

View Full Version : General Chat How often do you go through tires?

Infinite
12-11-2006, 09:39 PM
i went through 1 set on a roadtrip.. about 1500 miles

put a new set of continental contisport contacts on the car on october 30th, fronts de-laminated wednesday pulling into the parking lot at school
(anyone at southern poly that saw the black 240 in the visitors lot of jackstands... yea that was me)

that was about 80-100 miles a day.
i get new tires tomorrow, let the countdown begin:no:

~The_Duke~
12-11-2006, 09:54 PM
I actually am doing pretty good on the tires I have now (fuzion ZRi's) I still have alot of tread left I have prolly put about 7K on them now. 3 Auto X events, serval mountain runs, and day to day driving.

I have the tires stagered on mine so that I only have to buy 2 tires at a time...

nofive-0
12-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Just so you know your car is one of the cleanest 240's I have ever seen. If you know your shit, sounds like you do, you should come out and hang out with the formula sae guys. We need some help.

Annihilation
12-12-2006, 01:51 PM
you got proper alignment on the front? shoulda have warranty on those tires that delaminated , right?

ŁG2♣
12-19-2006, 01:28 AM
i havent had a flat on any of my cars just yet lol

Infinite
12-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Just so you know your car is one of the cleanest 240's I have ever seen. If you know your shit, sounds like you do, you should come out and hang out with the formula sae guys. We need some help.

thanks. which fsae team? spsu? i was on it last year.. just kinda forgot to come back.

the 2nd time it was improper alignment, tossed another 5* positive up front and it was golden