PDA

View Full Version : Having tailight and blinker issues

sohcEX
12-11-2006, 09:36 PM
I was wondering why my Nissan 720 turn signals and tailights are having problems. This is not a on and off problem its been happen for the past 4 months. I have checked all of the bulbs I have also checked all of the fuses. My brake lights stay on and will not turn off I have to disconnect the battery to shut them off and also when I press the brake the brake lights will not come on. And when I push up or down on the blinker my turn signals are not showing up on the dash and there is no blinker showing. I need help I checked the brake light switch I going to replace that and see if that fixes it but anyone has any helpful advice please let me know.

loSiRcity
12-12-2006, 09:16 AM
it sounds like the brake light switch pad (its a lil plastic or rubber gromet that sits in a hole on the brake pedal side) and the brake light switch hits that. but over time they detererate or fall out and the brake like switch has nothing to press against so the lights are always on. check to see if its still there if not replace it. if is still there make sure they are adjusted correctly (button should be fully compressed but is not stopping the pedal from comin all the way back). and if none of that works replace the brake light swicth. the blinker problem is most likley the blinker switch on the steering column. sory if i didn't explain that well lol