PDA

View Full Version : My DC2 is jerking..

Sammich
12-11-2006, 02:43 PM
ite here's the scenario, i know that i can get at least 325miles to a tank in my integra as i found out after i took it to philly..

today leaving my apartment for lunch (309miles on the speedo), i was on E..been on E since last nite. It wasnt jerking before i parked it last nite, nor when i drove it to work. When i leave and go over the speed bump, i get off the gas and throw it in neutral, it jerks, so im figuring, let me get some gas before it completely shuts down on me, i go to the nearest gas station fill up, i pull out and im waiting for traffic to subside to safely go across to the median..it starts jerking/bucking again:thinking:

So my question is could me running that low started to burn out my fuel pump or my fuel filter get clogged w/ trash or something?

Help would be appreciated, thanks in advance:goodjob:

Ran
12-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Hmm...fuel pump maybe? Could be injectors. Any clicking sounds?

Killer
12-11-2006, 02:54 PM
how's the idle???

and are u taking your foot off the clutch and giving it gas at the proper time? lol..

seriously though the idle??

ahmonrah
12-11-2006, 02:57 PM
yeah, what they said.
1)filter
2)pump
3)injectors
4)timing/idle

Sammich
12-11-2006, 03:07 PM
yea i guess i shoulda said idle..

its idle is messed up at times when i stop..

Sammich
12-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Hmm...fuel pump maybe? Could be injectors. Any clicking sounds?

no, no clicking sounds

before i came back into work, i checked to make sure the fuel pump was still good, i turned the ignition on to the red lights, and i heard it come on, so i figure the pump is still good..:thinking:

Killer
12-11-2006, 03:25 PM
so it idles high then drops then revs back up again... over and over??

Sammich
12-11-2006, 03:30 PM
kinda..yea..i said jerking cuz thats how it sounded(not felt)

i guess u can say that though..but would that be fuel related, since i ran it so low on gas..i filled up w/ 11.4 gallons of gas..

con
12-11-2006, 03:39 PM
I had similar issues after almost running out of gas then filling up at Deal's Gap. I first changed the fuel pump & fuel filter, problem still existed. I pulled my injectors and manually cleaned the filters, problem solved........Either I had some garbage in the bottom of the tank that got sucked up once the gas got low or that rinky dink gas station at the hotel had some babbage....

Good Luck...

Sammich
12-11-2006, 03:41 PM
I had similar issues after almost running out of gas then filling up at Deal's Gap. I first changed the fuel pump & fuel filter, problem still existed. I pulled my injectors and manually cleaned the filters, problem solved........Either I had some garbage in the bottom of the tank that got sucked up once the gas got low or that rinky dink gas station at the hotel had some babbage....

Good Luck...

it was doing this before i filled up..ima try to spray some carb cleaner in the TB and see if it does any good

if that doesnt work then ill do injectors..man working w/ carbuerators(sp?) is so much easier

Killer
12-11-2006, 03:47 PM
well, if it's what it sounds like.. (i had an idle problem.. everyone i talked to called it motor boating.. and i found some write ups for it) it could be the fast idle thermo valve...

idk.. just a guess.

Sammich
12-11-2006, 03:56 PM
whats that?? fast idle thermo valve...where is that??

Sammich
12-12-2006, 08:59 AM
ok..i have figured out its not engine related..i think its my wheel bearing, cuz it does have a jerking type feel to it..ima get it chked out today since i have a feeling what it is

ranj
12-12-2006, 09:50 PM
yeah sometimes with this jerking could also be ur idle check it out, i made a writup for it in the all motor section, the one killer was talking about.