PDA

View Full Version : what are you getting for a "holiday" bonus?

kelly marie
12-11-2006, 02:09 PM
so i was reading the ajc and they have a blog about the best/worst holiday bonus'.. just wondering what you are getting.. if anything at all..

UPS is giving all their employees frozen turkeys.. kinda random but whatever..

my firm has yet to spill the beans.. we may/may not get a bonus.. they just had our "holiday" gala for all the clients.. they held it at the ga aquarium last week w/ an open bar, music, gifts.. the works.. but we get no party.. and possibly no monies.. a little disappointing considering the employees are the ones who make the company run smoothly!! last year we got a $500+ check... i wish we got that this year too :( i'm thankful to have this job (for the past 4 years) but still a little incentive to stay never hurts!!

so what are you getting or have you got in the past, good or bad?

hemi
12-11-2006, 02:10 PM
F.U.C.K.I.N.G. NOTHING!

JennB
12-11-2006, 02:11 PM
We had a very nice party but we do not get holiday bonuses of any kind. We get raises and performance bonuses in February and that just fiiiiiiiine with me. More than worth the wait.

AlliRae
12-11-2006, 02:11 PM
nada

Ran
12-11-2006, 02:12 PM
No clue yet. Last year is was a $100 gift certificate to Honeybaked Ham and $200 extra on the check.

Evil Goat
12-11-2006, 02:12 PM
im getting christmas day off, isnt that swell? and thats one of my 3 regularly scheduled days off each week, the guys who work on mondays are NOT guranteed the day off until the day before and everyone has to bust their ass to make sure theres nothing to do the day of christmas b/c echostar is technically open for business 365 days a year, as not to offend other religiions and what not they do not gurantee any days off, but on the other hand if you work your ass off and clear that particular holidays schedule then you can take it off and the company gives you the standard 10 hours of pay.....

how come the bigger the company the shittier they are, i worked for GEICO for a few years who has like 20k employees and noone got shit, i now work for echosar who has 12k employees i think and right at 13million customers and i dont get shit, although i do get free satellite....so i guess thats the gift that keeps on giving :thinking: except the only problem with that is i had to sign a 18 month agreement to keep my satellite service...even though its free, so if i quit im still stuck w/ that shit or i have to pay $250 to get rid of it

Sammich
12-11-2006, 02:14 PM
F.U.C.K.I.N.G. NOTHING!

i think im gettin the same

kelly marie
12-11-2006, 02:16 PM
im getting christmas day off, isnt that swell?

how come the bigger the company the shittier they are, i worked for GEICO for a few years who has like 20k employees and noone got shit, i now work for echosar who has 12k employees i think and right at 13million customers and i dont get shit, although i do get free satellite....so i guess thats the gift that keeps on giving :thinking: lol this is very true.. before my firm merged it was waaaaay small.. and we got gifts/money and days off.. now its huge and we get diddly poo

The Yousef
12-11-2006, 02:20 PM
a mail order bride...

Evil Goat
12-11-2006, 02:20 PM
lol this is very true.. before my firm merged it was waaaaay small.. and we got gifts/money and days off.. now its huge and we get diddly poo

yea really, when i was in highschool i worked at a local gas station as a freaking pump attendant, i basically pumped gas for rich people, and i got like $3-400 my first christmas there and had only been there like 6 months, the next year i got the same thing....but go to work for a fortune 500 company and wham, you dont get shit while the owners sit back and worry about how to spend the hundreds of thousands or even millions that your office has made them this year

although i can say i met warren buffet, the owner of geico, and hes a real down to earth fella, still lives in the same house he did like 40 years ago and drives a regular old caddy....still didnt get shit from that gimp ass company and had to work christmas day one year (although instead of my regular pay i made right at $46/hour for being there)

kelly marie
12-11-2006, 02:27 PM
a mail order bride... ah that poor girl

:lmfao:

STI LOVER
12-11-2006, 02:28 PM
we just get a lot of ho ho ho's!!!

thinkfast®
12-11-2006, 02:31 PM
MORE SPENDIN MONIES FOR DRUGS OF MY CHOICE

Killer
12-11-2006, 02:33 PM
we get a check.. just not exactly sure how much.. last year it was like 700 ish.. after taxes... that was my first year.. i'm hoping for more this year..(got some stuff i'd love to pay off..) but i greatful for whatever i get!!!

The Yousef
12-11-2006, 02:35 PM
ah that poor girl

:lmfao:

...indeed

btw:

the UPS man will be there shortly to box you up....i'll told them to punch some extra air holes for ya! :goodjob:

kelly marie
12-11-2006, 02:40 PM
...indeed

btw:

the UPS man will be there shortly to box you up....i'll told them to punch some extra air holes for ya! :goodjob:well arent you sweet lol

The Yousef
12-11-2006, 02:43 PM
well arent you sweet lol

enough to give you cavities...

dtmcnamara
12-11-2006, 02:59 PM
I got a half months paid bonus.....HELL YA!!!!

4dmin
12-11-2006, 03:02 PM
MAYBE A NEW JOB AND THE SATISFACTION OF LEAVING MY CURRENT ONE ;)

99SI
12-11-2006, 03:18 PM
One weeks gross pay in cash. Got it this morning and put it in the bank with my regular check. It was nice to know I could pay my bills and if I play my cars right finish tuning my car. Wooo fuckin hoooo

civic95
12-11-2006, 03:23 PM
I get christmas day off, and we get to bring our own dish for a pot luck lunch next thursday. Whoopee!

~The_Duke~
12-11-2006, 03:24 PM
I actually got a mini car vac that plugs into the cig ligther...

ISAtlanta300
12-11-2006, 03:35 PM
A month's salary (13th month)

Jimmy B
12-11-2006, 04:38 PM
however much i want to write the check to myself for :)

quickdodge®
12-11-2006, 04:42 PM
A case of Bud or Bud Light(and I don't even drink), a Budweiser holiday stein, and about $2,000 dumped into my 401K. Later, QD.

PRiMAdonna
12-11-2006, 07:08 PM
i'm a nanny... i dont get shit. except for maybe a nice christmas gift from the family i work for.

FNR32
12-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I got a pretty nice omega watch

Jecht
12-11-2006, 07:26 PM
I hate you people and your christmas bonuses. I don't get shit.

ShooterMcGavin
12-11-2006, 07:57 PM
nice holiday party w/open bar, then we get our performance based raise and bonus in march i think, although i'm not sure if we get bonuses anymore due to our buyout and might just get stock through profit sharing instead....hope i get a bonus though, last yrs was over $3k :D

allmotorking
12-12-2006, 01:40 AM
hey, since i run my own business...i got an xbox 360 for the office last week along with gears of war...that's the only thing that i wanted...lol

Fast Shadow
12-12-2006, 03:27 AM
last year I got $3k.. this year I was supposed to get $8k but I quit, fuck that place. I don't know what I'll get at my new job.

AtifSajid
12-12-2006, 08:35 AM
I think i should get around $1500.00 bonus. I hope so. they still cut tax on that shit.. so like $700.00...LOL

But I think the raise I will be getting is going to be the SHIT!

Tiff-O-Bitties
12-12-2006, 08:47 AM
I've been at my job for 4 years.. I get the same thing every year, just an extra paycheck which totals $2200 and some change.. It was kinda nice!

RX8volution
12-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Man - sounds like some of you guys are getting screwed... that sucks. I'm now working for the first "Fortune 5" company that actually pays bonuses... but that's because we're in the finance sector - anyway - it's pretty good. We get somewhere between 8% to 22% of our yearly salary depending on performance, and where they rank us. Last year was just below the $15k mark, and that's only because my manager was a prick and didn't want to put me in that upper tier... this year had better be different (new manager).

Hope everyone gets at least something! Merry Christmas?

The Ren
12-12-2006, 09:38 AM
I dunno yet

auxiliary
12-12-2006, 09:54 AM
I get off the entire week between christmas eve and newyears day.

From the 24th until the 2nd!!!

Then we usually go out for a big dinner and get a $300 gift card to the mall.

Then I'm going to Denver in March.

lol.

It owns to work for a small company.

Evil Goat
12-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Man - sounds like some of you guys are getting screwed... that sucks. I'm now working for the first "Fortune 5" company that actually pays bonuses... but that's because we're in the finance sector - anyway - it's pretty good. We get somewhere between 8% to 22% of our yearly salary depending on performance, and where they rank us. Last year was just below the $15k mark, and that's only because my manager was a prick and didn't want to put me in that upper tier... this year had better be different (new manager).

Hope everyone gets at least something! Merry Christmas?

sounds more like profit sharing then a bonus check

we did get profit sharing at geico in march....my first year i got about $4k total, second year we got 28% i think (of our yearly salary) which was right at 10 g's for me, but then they automatically take 15% reguardless and put it in your 401k, i walked away with about $4500 in my pocket after all that....but when i left in january of this year i cashed out my 401k and took my 20g's with me and put it into savings

Kelly
12-12-2006, 10:33 AM
how come the bigger the company the shittier they are
Um, cuz they'd have to give a bonus to EVERYONE. lol...

I dunno if I'll get a bonus or not. I know i'm getting a pretty decent gift of choice though...