PDA

View Full Version : Went to the gun show yesterday

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Picked me up a lighter trigger for my 32c.

Got me a couple of new rigs.

Got my son a couple of airsoft guns.

Stocked up on some ammo.

Bought a duffle bag big enough to stuff a corpse in for dirt cheap.

Saw a bunch of Coach, Prada, Channel, Burberry knock off purses.

Almost picked me up an AR15 from a private deal.

Talked to my buddy about some silencers, learned some new things.

Saw some damn good deals on guns.

Remembered I need to buy more safes before I buy more guns. :doh:

Spent the whole day with my son.

So it was a good day.

Just thought I'd share something positive today.

Carry on. :D

The Yousef
12-11-2006, 10:43 AM
i need to go with you one day...i want to buy a glock....

R.Kelly
12-11-2006, 10:44 AM
i need to go to another gun show and get some ammo cheap

hemi
12-11-2006, 10:44 AM
I went Saturday... spent more time laughing at the people, than shopping for a gun. Good times though...

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 10:49 AM
i need to go with you one day...i want to buy a glock....

Sorry, but I will not contribute to the deliquency of minors, nor endanger National Security by arming another terrorist....... :lmfao: ;) :D

Just playing.

We can. There's a couple of IA folks that have asked me about that. This weekend was pretty good because they had a big handgun selection.

Funny you would mention Glocks. I met an older couple that retired from Glock and now sell mod parts for them (that's who I bought my lightened trigger from). The guy took my gun apart in like 10 secs. He was amazing. He had a cut-away of the glock and explained every damn little piece of the internals like he designed them himself. Hell, maybe he did. :D

He was cool though. Gave me a good deal on my trigger, installed it, and I picked up one of the rigs from him too. Cool people.

The Yousef
12-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Sorry, but I will not contribute to the deliquency of minors, nor endanger National Security by arming another terrorist....... :lmfao: ;) :D

Just playing.

We can. There's a couple of IA folks that have asked me about that. This weekend was pretty good because they had a big handgun selection.

Funny you would mention Glocks. I met an older couple that retired from Glock and now sell mod parts for them (that's who I bought my lightened trigger from). The guy took my gun apart in like 10 secs. He was amazing. He had a cut-away of the glock and explained every damn little piece of the internals like he designed them himself. Hell, maybe he did. :D

He was cool though. Gave me a good deal on my trigger, installed it, and I picked up one of the rigs from him too. Cool people.
A: i hate you (i'm 22 damnit but yes i'm a minor compared to you :tongue1: ) :lmao:

B: thanks...just lemme know :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 10:54 AM
I went Saturday... spent more time laughing at the people, than shopping for a gun. Good times though...

There are some funny characters there sure enough. :lmfao:

The funniest is when you see them with homeless people cardboard signs hanging from their neck WTB stuff. :lmfao:

I guess it works though, cause every damn one I go to there's some of them. :D

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 10:57 AM
i need to go to another gun show and get some ammo cheap

They had some really cheap stuff there yesterday.

9mm FMJ for like $8/50
45 ball ammo for like $9.50/50
357/38 SWC target ammo for like $8/50

They also had some hot +P handloaded stuff for like $13-15/50, which is good compared to some of the commercial stuff.

That's where I like to stock up with ammo from. :goodjob:

hemi
12-11-2006, 10:57 AM
There are some funny characters there sure enough. :lmfao:

The funniest is when you see them with homeless people cardboard signs hanging from their neck WTB stuff. :lmfao:

I guess it works though, cause every damn one I go to there's some of them. :D

Both of my brothers are "in the market" for handguns. They wanted to go there and find 40 cal glocks for 2 something... Didn't happen... So if you know anyone looking to sell a few....:goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Both of my brothers are "in the market" for handguns. They wanted to go there and find 40 cal glocks for 2 something... Didn't happen... So if you know anyone looking to sell a few....:goodjob:

Ummm, not for that kind of price my friend. :lmfao:

I did see a hellva deal on a Kimber there yesterday. These two guys got to it before I did. Very nice.

40 glocks range more like in the $400-500 range usually, unless you can find them used.

hemi
12-11-2006, 11:05 AM

I did see a hellva deal on a Kimber there yesterday. These two guys got to it before I did. Very nice.

40 glocks range more like in the $400-500 range usually, unless you can find them used.
Right... Used would be okay, if not abused....

Do you know anything about High Point? I saw 40 cals for like $135, but I didn't like the feel of them... Ever heard of this company?

PhAtBoYMr2
12-11-2006, 11:11 AM
pics of the ar-15?

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Right... Used would be okay, if not abused....

Do you know anything about High Point? I saw 40 cals for like $135, but I didn't like the feel of them... Ever heard of this company?

Yes, used is the only way they'll ever get crack head prices on Glocks. :D

Yes, I know about High Point. I have one of their carbines. Julio has one of their 9mm's.

They are very inexpensive guns. Very ammo sensitive. Very Saturday night specialesque, which is to say that if it jams on you....throw it at them and run. :D

Actually my carbine shoots very straight. It's a 9mm and only holds 8 (If I remember correctly) but it shoots very very tight groups. So it's serves that purpose. It's still ammo sensitive and you have to be aware of that.

Nemesis
12-11-2006, 11:15 AM
LOL , even Jaime is jokin on Yousef. hahahaa

The Yousef
12-11-2006, 11:16 AM
LOL , even Jaime is jokin on Yousef. hahahaa

no love for me here...

fuk IA...i'm starting importgeorgia.com!!!!

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 11:18 AM
pics of the ar-15?

Mark, I didn't end up getting it.

We talked and then he changed his mind about giving me a deal on it, so I passed on it. He wanted $850, which I could negotiate inside for that or better anyway for a new one. I had him talked down to something more reasonable, but he then backed out and so did I.

Oh well, maybe next time..... :D

PhAtBoYMr2
12-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Mark, I didn't end up getting it.

We talked and then he changed his mind about giving me a deal on it, so I passed on it. He wanted $850, which I could negotiate inside for that or better anyway for a new one. I had him talked down to something more reasonable, but he then backed out and so did I.

Oh well, maybe next time..... :D

Yeah those are my favorite rifles next to the tactical m4a1 carbine....

http://www.modelguns.co.uk/images/scom4c.jpg

damn thats so sexxxxyyyy

Mike Lowrey
12-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey Jaime,

I too would be interested in going with you one day.

P.S. I am not a minor nor a terrorist like Yousef.... ;) :D

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Yeah those are my favorite rifles next to the tactical m4a1 carbine....

http://www.modelguns.co.uk/images/scom4c.jpg

damn thats so sexxxxyyyy

Ummmm, yeah that's hot.

You would've been in heaven yesterday then. They had a ton of long guns and tactical stuff all over the place. They even had a couple of 50 cal monsters that were pretty impressive. :yes:

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey Jaime,

I too would be interested in going with you one day.

P.S. I am not a minor nor a terrorist like Yousef.... ;) :D

We'll have to draft up an application process or something.....the thought of some of yall with a lethal weapon troubles me...... :D ;) ***cough***Yousef***cough**** :lmfao:

The Yousef
12-11-2006, 11:39 AM
We'll have to draft up an application process or something.....the thought of some of yall with a lethal weapon troubles me...... :D ;) ***cough***Yousef***cough**** :lmfao: :fire:

:2up:

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 11:42 AM
:fire:

:2up:

They say it's the quiet ones that go Postal quickest......just hate to see you with a bandolier full of .223 shells coming up to a Varsity meet and pulling a Rambo on everybody...... :lmfao:

The Yousef
12-11-2006, 11:43 AM
They say it's the quiet ones that go Postal quickest......just hate to see you with a bandolier full of .223 shells coming up to a Varsity meet and pulling a Rambo on everybody...... :lmfao:
~note to self~

AtifSajid
12-11-2006, 11:52 AM
i saw the sign for the show, and said imma go there..and then completely forgot.

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 11:54 AM
i saw the sign for the show, and said imma go there..and then completely forgot.

I just knew I'd run into either you or Julio there.

Next time Ima call yall.... :goodjob:

BTW, we still hooking up tomm for what we talked about?

Mike Lowrey
12-11-2006, 11:58 AM
We'll have to draft up an application process or something.....the thought of some of yall with a lethal weapon troubles me...... :D ;) ***cough***Yousef***cough**** :lmfao:

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Yeah, keep all the guns that are operational away from "the camel guy" :lmfao:

SniperJoe
12-11-2006, 11:58 AM
When you guys go, let me know. I need to get a new holster and a mag carrier for my Hi-Power.

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 12:00 PM
When you guys go, let me know. I need to get a new holster and a mag carrier for my Hi-Power.

What kind?

AtifSajid
12-11-2006, 12:04 PM
we are hooking up if your ready...

You should have called..i would have went on Sunday..

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 12:12 PM
we are hooking up if your ready...

You should have called..i would have went on Sunday..

I definetly will next time.

Joan went down to her grandmothers to help her pack, so I told Daniel it was boy's day out. He was like a kid in a candy store. Asking all kinds of questions about every gun in the place. It was cool cause some of the vendors talked to him about history and stuff, which was very cool. Daniel was like, "Dad, is that really a WWII gun?....Dad, is that really a helmet the Nazi's wore?.....Dad, does that guy really only have 2 teeth in his mouth?...."

Ooops, said too much..... :D

Seriously, I had fun just walking around with my little guy and picking up just nick nacks here and there.

ShooterMcGavin
12-11-2006, 12:46 PM
which gun show did u go to? eastman? been broke lately so i haven't been keeping up w/where they're having shows at. next gun i want is either a steyr m9/m40 or a usp compact w/the stainless steel slide in .40 cal :goodjob:

TheSnail
12-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Damn, I missed it.

SniperJoe
12-11-2006, 01:10 PM
What kind?

I've been trying to find a good IWB holster for when I carry with a suit. I haven't found one yet. That and I need either a single or a double mag holster for my belt.

I'd also like to pick up a nice leather sap as a backup weapon.

Julio
12-11-2006, 02:05 PM
sweet ! where was the show at ? damn, I missed it !

TRINI4LIFE
12-11-2006, 02:14 PM
Is there a link or website that I can visit to see when and where the Next Show is going to be?

hemi
12-11-2006, 02:18 PM
All of the vendors there had a badge...

"NEXT SHOW NEXTWEEKEND 12-16/17 IN GAINSVILLE"

eastmangunshow.com I think...

TRINI4LIFE
12-11-2006, 02:26 PM
All of the vendors there had a badge...

"NEXT SHOW NEXTWEEKEND 12-16/17 IN GAINSVILLE"

eastmangunshow.com I think...

Good looking out. :goodjob:

TRINI4LIFE
12-11-2006, 02:26 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to hemi again.

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Sorry, got busy.

Shag: Yes, Eastman @ NorthAtlanta trade Center.

Snail: Yes you did.

Julio: Yes you did, eventhough I knew I'd run into you or Atif there.

Trini: http://www.eastmangunshows.com/
As someone already mentioned, the next one and the last one before the first of the year is this weekend in Gainesville at the Mountain Center. :goodjob:

Sniper: You would've liked this one vendor there then. They had this holster that would go not only IWB, but in your pants dangling down..... :D

It's a rig where you have the holster with a long tongue which is the part you would attach to your belt. It has a cell phone holder built in. So when you put it in, you can only see the cell phone. The trick is that the holster hangs to the INSIDE of your pants and in towards your thigh. It only works with loose pants, i.e. suit or slacks. To retreive, you pull up on your cell phone, which brings up the butt of the gun for you to pull out. It was kinda awkward for me, so I opted for a Fobus tactical instead. It rides high, so it's comfortable in the car, but it's real tight against me so no need for bulky clothes to hide it behind. Wore it all day today and not one person noticed, which is the purpose, right?

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Sniper: Thought of something after I posted.

Have you ever considered a belly band holster? I have one and it works well, as long as you don't try and carry a damn canon. :D

It has a built in mag holder too. Can be worn inside the clothes and only requires you to take off a button or two to bring the gun out. I've used it with my little Firestar .40 and my Bersa 380 w/o any discomfort. I usually wear it not on my bare skin, but on top of my undershirt but below my dress shirt. It works and it's relatively inexpensive. They had some newer models there this weekend that were less wider than mine. Mine I've had for years and it's as wide as a corset, although that kinda HELPS me a little.... :( :D

Just a thought. I like IWB too, as long as it's something very thin.

Julio
12-11-2006, 04:59 PM
I usually get the little postcards in the mail.. I guess I didnt.. Im going to have to keep a closer look on there site..

Theres one coming up in gainsville.. Dont think I will attend though.. Im going to waite until after the 1st.. need a new toy =]

RandomGuy
12-11-2006, 05:08 PM

dude you can get the ghetto hi-point 40 cals on buford highway brand new for about a buck fifty... sure they're not the best guns... they jam like 1 in 20 rds haha but its possible ;)

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 05:15 PM
dude you can get the ghetto hi-point 40 cals on buford highway brand new for about a buck fifty... sure they're not the best guns... they jam like 1 in 20 rds haha but its possible ;)

That's just it, his brothers wanted "glocks". A high point is certainly not a glock.

But you're right I do believe you can get a high point for that. Hell, yesterday they had Lorcin 9's for less than $100. I have a 380 and 2 25's of those too. :lmfao:

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 05:17 PM
I usually get the little postcards in the mail.. I guess I didnt.. Im going to have to keep a closer look on there site..

Theres one coming up in gainsville.. Dont think I will attend though.. Im going to waite until after the 1st.. need a new toy =]

You know, I haven't gotten one of those postcards in a long long time. They get your name from when you sign up to win the door prize, so probably after a while they cycle you out of the system if you don't do it again.

RandomGuy
12-11-2006, 05:19 PM
That's just it, his brothers wanted "glocks". A high point is certainly not a glock.

But you're right I do believe you can get a high point for that. Hell, yesterday they had Lorcin 9's for less than $100. I have a 380 and 2 25's of those too. :lmfao:
eagle 9's go even cheaper than that haha buford hwy for the win

sometimes i wish they didn't make those shits... they're oh so much more accessible to ppl who shouldn't have them than the premium ones haha

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 05:21 PM
eagle 9's go even cheaper than that haha buford hwy for the win

sometimes i wish they didn't make those shits... they're oh so much more accessible to ppl who shouldn't have them than the premium ones haha

You're right.

I always laugh when I watch a police show or something and these real hard gangsta hood guys get some POS pea shooter or half broken down 32 revolver out of their waist band. :lmfao:

RandomGuy
12-11-2006, 05:28 PM
You're right.

I always laugh when I watch a police show or something and these real hard gangsta hood guys get some POS pea shooter or half broken down 32 revolver out of their waist band. :lmfao:
if you know off hand... around how much were the used Springfield armory XD's goin for now at the show?? Like the 45. Just wondering

SniperJoe
12-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Jaime, normally I carry with a pancake holster and my suit jacket over it, but I wanted to see if I could find a IWB holster that I liked.

My carry weapon is a Browning Hi-Power, so a belly band is somewhat out of the question.

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 06:38 PM
if you know off hand... around how much were the used Springfield armory XD's goin for now at the show?? Like the 45. Just wondering

Saw a few, but didn't notice the prices. Sorry.

efman
12-11-2006, 06:50 PM
theres a show in gainesville this weekend, i'll probally head out and pick up some ammo and mags

Jaimecbr900
12-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Jaime, normally I carry with a pancake holster and my suit jacket over it, but I wanted to see if I could find a IWB holster that I liked.

My carry weapon is a Browning Hi-Power, so a belly band is somewhat out of the question.

Yeah, that's too big for the belly band.

I had an OG Uncle Mike's that was inverted and it went in the small of your back that I used for my big bore guns. It wasn't very "concealed", but in the winter with a big jacket you couldn't see it.

Pancakes are pretty close fitting. The high ride paddles are good too.

That Fobus I got has a version just for yours:

https://secure.fobusholster.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=82&osCsid=33c7c964c286d5089b9787e02afaf7b7

It's pretty tight up against you, so it may work.

This is mine:

https://secure.fobusholster.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=84&osCsid=33c7c964c286d5089b9787e02afaf7b7

SniperJoe
12-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah, that's too big for the belly band.

I had an OG Uncle Mike's that was inverted and it went in the small of your back that I used for my big bore guns. It wasn't very "concealed", but in the winter with a big jacket you couldn't see it.

Pancakes are pretty close fitting. The high ride paddles are good too.

That Fobus I got has a version just for yours:

https://secure.fobusholster.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=82&osCsid=33c7c964c286d5089b9787e02afaf7b7

It's pretty tight up against you, so it may work.

This is mine:

https://secure.fobusholster.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=84&osCsid=33c7c964c286d5089b9787e02afaf7b7

Very nice. How's the retention on that? I tend to find that I have problems with retention systems on hard holsters.

I may end up getting something like this to hold it a little higher:
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1781.php

Of course, I may just wait until I get my next handgun to buy another holster.

Jaimecbr900
12-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Very nice. How's the retention on that? I tend to find that I have problems with retention systems on hard holsters.

The retention is actually very positive. It literally "clicks" into the holster. You have to draw pretty strong, but nothing that can't be pulled out even in full panic mode. Put it this way, my kids couldn't pull it out, but I can w/o a problem. I have the extended slide release and oversize mag release and neither interfere at all with drawing the weapon out.

I may end up getting something like this to hold it a little higher:
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1781.php

Actually, I have a Galco for one of my 45's very similar to the my new Fobus rig pictured above and it rides much higher than my pancake ones. I like that because it makes it easier to get in and out of the car with it on. I like Galco rigs though. As a matter of fact you can adjust the cams to tighten the retention on them. Cool feature. Only drawback is that since it's molded, it's model specific so you can't adjust it to fit your other guns like you could with regular thumb break ones most of the time.

Of course, I may just wait until I get my next handgun to buy another holster.

There you go. That's one way to solve the problem.....get another hideout gun. :goodjob:

That's how I justify it to myself all the time....... :D ;)