PDA

View Full Version : Home security?

lost
12-11-2006, 01:03 AM
My neighbors house got broken into the other day in the middle of the day at that, which got me thinking about my house. What are some ideas for home security. I just recently installed dual cyclinder deadbolts (key on both sides) and i keep a gun within reach. But what about when im not home. Any ideas out there?

CHADbee
12-11-2006, 01:08 AM
ever seen homealone?

boobie traps baby...lots of boobie traps

i just said boobie...hee hee hee

ka-t_Zenki
12-11-2006, 01:15 AM
but seriously, that tv show it takes a thief will help u out alot.. they offer advice on all methods of technology from electronics to simpleeasy to use gadgets.. and even simple methds to prevent break ins in the first place

hemi
12-11-2006, 07:04 AM
A BIG DAM DOG....

ORGANIZATIONXIII
12-11-2006, 07:12 AM
^^^ how did I know you'd say that?

Evil Goat
12-11-2006, 09:45 AM
alarm system, i installed commercial alarm/fire/cctv systems straight out of college, did it for almost 2 years, helped catch thieves at a dealership stealing trucks at night, helped catch employees who were stealing $ out of peoples desks and shit, crazy stuff, but you could easily get a home system installed for under a grand or so, depending on the size of your house and what kinda gadgets you want, w/ monitoring fees in the $30/month range....the best company in our area is Burglar Alarm Products, INC (which happened to be the company i worked for, but still the best in the midga area) and im sure theyd be willing to go just about anywhere - if youre intersted their # is 478-746-6000, ask for Amy and tell her youd like a quote on a home system, she should be able to do it over the phone

they do simple stuff like electronic protection for doors, windows, motion detectors, glass break detectors, to the more advanced stuff like hidden cameras/exposed cameras (internal and external), card entries, finger print entries, phone entries, etc

hemi
12-11-2006, 09:51 AM
I hear the alarm... quick grab that ___ and let's be out...

OR

OH SHIT!~!

http://www.crownvic.us/~colin/misc1/Attacking_Rottweiler_01.jpg

RandomGuy
12-11-2006, 09:58 AM
put banana peels in front of every door before you leave...that'll deter them

civic95
12-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Get a dog, and steal someones "Monitored by ADT" signs.

Also if you have a garage, don't leave the opener in your car in plain view. Our neighborhood had a home invasion because someone broke the car window out, hit the opener, and ran into the house (all while the people where home). Luckily they didn't kill anyone though, and they were caught a few days later.

ka-t_Zenki
12-11-2006, 11:19 AM
put banana peels in front of every door before you leave...that'll deter them

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

PhAtBoYMr2
12-11-2006, 11:46 AM
this is all you need....

http://www.modelguns.co.uk/images/M4T3.jpg

Evil Goat
12-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Get a dog, and steal someones "Monitored by ADT" signs.

when i became an installations manager w/ BAP i used to get a monthly publication and i remember reading that 75% of what deters criminals away from a home is signs alone....b/c theres always another house unprotected

i have signs and no alarm system :lmfao:

ahmonrah
12-11-2006, 03:29 PM
i have a german shephard, 2 guns and a case of paranioa.....oh.......and a home alarm system with pinhole cameras on the doors, one in the living room and in the kitchen pointed at the door leading to the garage. i'm good.

~The_Duke~
12-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Ya I would most def say get a dog, a big one...

Cas most dogs can sense if the person is a shithead or not...We know we have to watch people when my lab goes nuts.

hemi
12-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Ya I would most def say get a dog, a big one...

Cas most dogs can sense if the person is a shithead or not...We know we have to watch people when my lab goes nuts.

I have 2 rots, Sampson and Debo. They assume EVERYBODY is a shithead, until daddy tells them otherwise...:goodjob: I feel very safe leaving the wifey at home at night....

ISAtlanta300
12-11-2006, 03:39 PM
i have signs and no alarm system :lmfao:

Thanks for telling !!

(puts on gloves, ski mask)

LOL

~The_Duke~
12-11-2006, 03:43 PM
I have 2 rots, Sampson and Debo. They assume EVERYBODY is a shithead, until daddy tells them otherwise...:goodjob: I feel very safe leaving the wifey at home at night....

Ya that will most def scare the shit out of someone trying to rob you...

hemi
12-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Ya that will most def scare the shit out of someone trying to rob you...

:yes: , and she knows how to use the weapons as well...

If the 250 pounds of Roti doesn't scare them,
And the CA-CLICK of the shotgun doesn't make them think twice...

Then they mean business, and she has no objections to taking their life...

But the dogs usually get the job done...:D

~The_Duke~
12-11-2006, 03:51 PM
There is a single scariest noise that you will ever here in someone's house, and there is only one thing that makes that noise...

A pump-action .12 gauge. It will instill fear in anyone that isnt mentally not right already.

hemi
12-11-2006, 03:52 PM
There is a single scariest noise that you will ever here in someone's house, and there is only one thing that makes that noise...

A pump-action .12 gauge. It will instill fear in anyone that isnt mentally not right already.

That is a published fact.... +1 for you!

~The_Duke~
12-11-2006, 03:54 PM
That is a published fact.... +1 for you!

I believe I saw a quote somewhere that said.

"Nothing says 'this is my house bitch' like the sound of a pump-action .12 gauge."

ahmonrah
12-11-2006, 09:43 PM
I believe I saw a quote somewhere that said.

"Nothing says 'this is my house bitch' like the sound of a pump-action .12 gauge."or the report of a .45cal bullet AFTER tearin through flesh.....:goodjob:

Infinite
12-11-2006, 09:44 PM
the coldest sound in the world is my mossberg pistol grip pump.
and Fiocchi #4 buckshot is kinda nasty too :D