PDA

View Full Version : HONDA injector question?????

vtecgsrguy
12-10-2006, 11:54 AM
ok....when taking apart my manifold i took the fuel rail off and removed the injecrors and this is how they came out!!! the small plastic piece on the fuel rail side is either cracked or just plane came apart!!! whats da deal? i know it could be from "over tightened" them..... BUT I WANNA KNOW IF THE ARE OK??? AND IF I JUS NEED "NEW ONES" im working on this build and everything is just about ready to go back together and im not putting them back in look'n like this......"PLEASE HELP U GUYZ"!!!!! THANKZ IN ADVANCE!!! :goodjob: http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/vtecgsrguy/100_0829-1.jpg

DrunkScotsman
12-10-2006, 04:02 PM
if your build is almost done , spend the $ and get new ones , i myself wouldn't put those back in , just my :2cents:

vtecgsrguy
12-10-2006, 04:57 PM
if your build is almost done , spend the $ and get new ones , i myself wouldn't put those back in , just my :2cents:
yep..... read up & you'll see thats what i said.....lol... i myself dont wanna put these back in... i got sum RC injectors sat. for my build.... so im jus checkin on these.....

Dominic49
12-10-2006, 06:29 PM
call up witchhunter an they will get them done right

http://www.witchhunter.com/

scttydb411
12-10-2006, 07:57 PM
as long as they haven't been dropped they're ok. those are just the pintile cap that protects the needle valve from being damaged if they are hit or dropped. tightening the rail doesn't do that.

it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace them anyway, but it's not necessary as long as you're sure they haven't been impacted at the tip w/o the cap being there.

vtecgsrguy
12-12-2006, 05:00 PM
yep..... read up & you'll see thats what i said.....lol... i myself dont wanna put these back in... i got sum RC injectors sat. for my build.... so im jus checkin on these.....
hey thankz! ill look into that!.....

vtecgsrguy
12-12-2006, 05:02 PM
as long as they haven't been dropped they're ok. those are just the pintile cap that protects the needle valve from being damaged if they are hit or dropped. tightening the rail doesn't do that.

it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace them anyway, but it's not necessary as long as you're sure they haven't been impacted at the tip w/o the cap being there.
thankz "scotty" dident know that!!! but no they havent been dropped as far as i know....lol..... but i appreciate it man!!! :goodjob: