View Full Version : I GOT PULLED OVER FOR NON-STOCK EXHAUST.

lazyboi444
12-09-2006, 01:26 PM
Well i was in Fayetteville and i got followed for a mile and half by the cops. So he pulls me over into the parking lot and says i'm pulln you over for your exhaust and i'm like well sir from my understanding of Georgia law there wasn't any law preventing saying i could not have an aftermarket exhaust. I just know of some noise ordinances or whatever. And he's like now i can show you and if you wanna back talk i'll give you a ticket so i keep quiet and he gives me a courtesy warning. I ask him once again to show me the law and he says i can't find it go look on the site. So my question is Is there a exhaust law in the state of Georgia saying that you only can have factory exhaust? because i looked and looked and didn't find the law. What made it so bad is he tried to get me for some Bullshit but didn't get me on my tint. And he didn't even wanna search the car despite that fact i told him my GF had a knife. oh well.

GermanMuscle
12-09-2006, 03:52 PM
as far as i know you can only get a ticket for the exhaust being too loud, but he probably just pulled you over because he was suspicious of something and needed a excuse to pull you over

§treet_§peed
12-09-2006, 04:10 PM
^^ good point they need an exscuse to pull you over anytime...btw do you have dual tipped muffler on your car lazy? generally those are quite loud noisey and raspy

thepolecat
12-09-2006, 04:12 PM
noi, there is no law- otherwise all the rednecks with cherrybomb mufflers would be in prison.

loSiRcity
12-09-2006, 10:14 PM
cops were just trying to show you whose the boss.

TIGERJC
12-09-2006, 10:32 PM
I have never had a problem with fayetteville cops. Do you fayette tags and also was this a Fayetteville cop or fayette county cop

lazyboi444
12-10-2006, 03:15 AM
Well i have a Apex N1 with custom pipping. And it was a Fayette County i believe he said. As Rob says "COPERS TRYING TO CATCH ME RIDING DIRTY" "PIGSTERS" lol.

Sushi
12-10-2006, 04:01 AM
All a cop needs to pull you over is suspsicion. Thats it. They can simply come to your window ask for license and registration and let you go.

Fast Shadow
12-10-2006, 04:07 AM
I'm sure twenty shitkicking rednecks on loud ass harleys and lifted pickup trucks with flowmasters went by as this guy had you pulled over. Fuck racist pigs, honestly. Fuck them.

TIGERJC
12-10-2006, 05:02 AM
Well i have a Apex N1 with custom pipping. And it was a Fayette County i believe he said. As Rob says "COPERS TRYING TO CATCH ME RIDING DIRTY" "PIGSTERS" lol.
Fayette county cops are dicks, and they are super hard on cars that dont have a fayette county tag

greasemunkey
12-10-2006, 08:17 AM
It might have been that your exhaust sticks out a few inches...but ive never had problems with fayetteville cops, just tyrone and peachtree city...i was doin around 70 in a 25mph zone goin home, and it was at night, because some dude seemed like he was messin with me -i.e.-tailgating, so after that the car follows me all the way down my street and i don't pull into my house cause i don't know if it was some guy that wanted to beat me or somethin', but as soon as i was turning around, he finally turns on his lights....I was fuckin screwed i thought, so i told him i thought someone was following me and he let me go! with not even a warning!!!

Halfwit
12-10-2006, 09:03 AM
any modified exhaust system, techically is illegal.

StupidBikerBoy
12-10-2006, 07:16 PM

True

And there used to be a 95 db. law to. Not sure if its still around.

JstAneon
12-11-2006, 12:21 AM

correct

Crazy Asian
12-11-2006, 01:13 AM
True but not true. Even my cop buddy says it too. A cop should always carry around a noise meter like at a radioshack and check the decibel of the exhaust. If its over 92 or was it 95 thats illegal but below that your fine. Im not sure if all exhaust are illegal but Ill have to check since he has an exhaust too so Im sure not all exhaust is illegal. Maybe if you dont have a cat then its illegal.

Mr_Mischif
12-11-2006, 08:00 AM

How?

Halfwit
12-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Legislation that would effectively prohibit the use of exhaust systems other than a "factory-installed muffler" or a "muffler meeting factory specifications" has been reintroduced in the georgia State House of Representatives by Representative.

Sol-Badguy
12-11-2006, 10:11 AM
Legislation that would effectively prohibit the use of exhaust systems other than a "factory-installed muffler" or a "muffler meeting factory specifications" has been reintroduced in the georgia State House of Representatives by Representative.

Whoa whoa, when did that happen?

Halfwit
12-11-2006, 10:12 AM
they jsut dont inforce it as much. unless rly loud

BABY J
12-11-2006, 10:16 AM
In the 1980s I think. It is an OLD law - just not enforced regularyl. Modification of an OEM exhaust has always been illegal in GA for as long as I can remem.

Halfwit
12-11-2006, 10:18 AM
How?

True but not true. Even my cop buddy says it too. A cop should always carry around a noise meter like at a radioshack and check the decibel of the exhaust. If its over 92 or was it 95 thats illegal but below that your fine. Im not sure if all exhaust are illegal but Ill have to check since he has an exhaust too so Im sure not all exhaust is illegal. Maybe if you dont have a cat then its illegal.
TRUE

In the 1980s I think. It is an OLD law - just not enforced regularyl. Modification of an OEM exhaust has always been illegal in GA for as long as I can remem.
EXACTLY. ppl fail to realize. but like u said, not enforced regularly

BABY J
12-11-2006, 03:27 PM
As well as suspension. But ur more likely to get harassed in an import than a Bronco w/ a 2 foot lift.

fight club
12-11-2006, 05:15 PM
actually, if you would care to read the laws, the law prohibits anything but an oem or an exhaust that meets oem specs; i.e. the emmitions. that is what makes an exhaust illegal, as well as sound. too bad i say, i have a 3 inch straight on my sti. lol

R3RUN
12-11-2006, 05:21 PM
they have a law like this in florida. 93.50 of my money went to the county for that one..........................

KevinT707
12-11-2006, 10:20 PM
.. I'll be going to court next week for "Improper Exhaust System". I went to court the 1st time & the solicitor didn't want to hear anything I had to say so he was like "Do you want to pay the fine or do a jury trial" .. I said "trial" so we'll see how it goes. With the silencer on my car is pretty quiet, so I want them to prove this & we'll see how this goes.

BABY J
12-12-2006, 09:40 AM
^^ Dear RJ DeVera.
I am glad for all of the things you have done for the SpoCom community. Can you sign my sun visor?

PS: can u hook a brotha up w/ some RO_JA wheels for the discount?