12-08-2006, 11:18 AM
About Hip hop aint dead!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/jeezy-calling-out-nas-on-monie-love-show-mp3.html

rollininstyle2004
12-08-2006, 11:19 AM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=94777

hybrid90accord
12-08-2006, 05:47 PM
sound to me like jeezy got mad because she just told the truth. Record sales doesnt mean ur hip hop, talking about traping, selling drugs, spending money, and wearing BAPE jeans in every song is gonna get old no matter how great your producer is. that why i like lupe, kanye, snoop, game, nas, ludacris, outkast, because they can talk about shit beside that, they can switch it up.

ahmonrah
12-08-2006, 08:30 PM
fuck that dude......he's an id10t. he decides he wanna get gangsta over her saaying hip hop is dead. news to him is that with all the rappers making the exact same sound/topic, hiphop IS dead. it's stagnant, mindless and boring. all over aspects of hiphop are no longer relevant, nor are they having life being breathed into them.

ahmonrah
12-08-2006, 08:47 PM
most of the conscious rappers artists are strugglin to eat, 'cause they dont wanna dwell on or make up a living on lying/glorifying the shiat that is fuckin up our hoods in the first place. because execs that are in control of the money dont want to pay for those types of messages anymore. stupidity reigns in this day and age. let the young kids go from wanting to be someone respectable, or gaining knowledge of self, to being the biggest wanna be gangsta or thug, muthafukkas that NEVER seen a gun, watched a man get they head splattered nor sold drugs to feed the fam are out there thinking they are fukkin G'S. makes me sick.

muthafukkas in my moms area walk around like they killas and shit, my youngest brothers friend and himself, live in fucking fayettville trying to be hard!! wtf?? ya moms crib costs 300k, she bought YOUR ass the EXACT CAR you wanted when you were 15!! and pays for parts....get a fukkin clue...now you hard....sad.
these thundercats worship fools like geezy, wanna emulate them, and imitate the tales they hear, but i've spooked half of them just by letting them know what it's really like, from my experience. by my own admission, i havent trapped. though given the chance to many times, and as foul as my growing up was at times, i respected myself too much and my people to sell the shit i seen destroy families in my area.
i've used a gun once in self defense, cat pulled a knife on me at a party, he was drunk and was comin up to me with it talkin shit, a homie of mine had a weapon on him, in his waistband, i pulled it and shot. didnt make me any happier, but dude stopped. fuck, when i was barely 13, me and my boys were shot at. that's some crazy shit for a kid to be faced with your own mortality. either way, hiphop? dead?

JustinSane110™
12-10-2006, 06:00 AM
most of the conscious rappers artists are strugglin to eat, 'cause they dont wanna dwell on or make up a living on lying/glorifying the shiat that is fuckin up our hoods in the first place. because execs that are in control of the money dont want to pay for those types of messages anymore. stupidity reigns in this day and age. let the young kids go from wanting to be someone respectable, or gaining knowledge of self, to being the biggest wanna be gangsta or thug, muthafukkas that NEVER seen a gun, watched a man get they head splattered nor sold drugs to feed the fam are out there thinking they are fukkin G'S. makes me sick.

muthafukkas in my moms area walk around like they killas and shit, my youngest brothers friend and himself, live in fucking fayettville trying to be hard!! wtf?? ya moms crib costs 300k, she bought YOUR ass the EXACT CAR you wanted when you were 15!! and pays for parts....get a fukkin clue...now you hard....sad.
these thundercats worship fools like geezy, wanna emulate them, and imitate the tales they hear, but i've spooked half of them just by letting them know what it's really like, from my experience. by my own admission, i havent trapped. though given the chance to many times, and as foul as my growing up was at times, i respected myself too much and my people to sell the shit i seen destroy families in my area.
i've used a gun once in self defense, cat pulled a knife on me at a party, he was drunk and was comin up to me with it talkin shit, a homie of mine had a weapon on him, in his waistband, i pulled it and shot. didnt make me any happier, but dude stopped. fuck, when i was barely 13, me and my boys were shot at. that's some crazy shit for a kid to be faced with your own mortality. either way, hiphop? dead?
+1 Quoted for truth. :goodjob:

Julio
12-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Hahha NAS is the man... dropping knowledge on this bitches.. if you been a member of IA and like to read the music section I've been saying for the past 5 years, HIP HOP is dead.

Funny thing is even South rappers are tired of it.. you guys listen to the wack ass song Walk with it or whatever the fuck it is.. the remix where Andrew 3000 says something about "cut 2 inches of your white t and make your moma proud " or some line like that...

Hahaha..

PhAtBoYMr2
12-10-2006, 10:29 AM
jeezy street cred > nas street cred

quickdodge®
12-10-2006, 10:52 AM
jeezy street cred > nas street cred

Lolol. Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
12-10-2006, 11:02 AM
It's really hard to compare both rappers because there fanbase is somewhat different nas is on that change the world bullshit now, he's gone soft and doesn't really come too hard as he used too....marriage does that to people.

Jeezy raps for the dope boys, trappers, and people in the hood. People feel him more in the south and people feel nas more up north..

nas is cosidered a legend and has been in the game for a minute and had earned his respect from the hip hop heads

jeezy is fairly new to the game still coming up but he does make good music.