PDA

View Full Version : Misc Tokyo Drift tidbit i learned

PSINXS
12-05-2006, 04:37 PM
The parking deck drift in the roundabouts was real. Rhys Millen did it with 6 inches of clearance on either side. The majority of the drifting in the movie was real. There was only about 2 CGI drifts. I watched the movie with the directors commentary on. Interesting stuff. Well at least to me it was lol

ORGANIZATIONXIII
12-05-2006, 04:40 PM
damn, I thought everyone knew that..

pretty much the end of the movie was CGI'ed

Ran
12-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Old news. This was known when the movie came out and is what really motivated me to see the movie. The director wanted to use as little CG as possible. :yes:

R3RUN
That takes fuckin skill, I figured they did it with a computer. Did he go uphill or did they just reverse the footage.

man
The parking deck drift in the roundabouts was real. Rhys Millen did it with 6 inches of clearance on either side. The majority of the drifting in the movie was real. There was only about 2 CGI drifts. I watched the movie with the directors commentary on. Interesting stuff. Well at least to me it was lol

When DK drifts around that first corner where cornfed hits the pole, he clearly stops after clearing the pole

Ran
12-05-2006, 04:42 PM
That takes fuckin skill, I figured they did it with a computer. Did he go uphill or did they just reverse the footage.He actually drifted the car up the parking deck path between the barriers. This why he does well in Formula D.

umairejaz
^haha i cant see it possible for him to be going downhill at that angle....

PSINXS
i paid attention to nothing unitl i went to go see it. sorry for being late. i just decided to watch the commentary when i was bored yesterday.

Han's character is from another movie the director did. at the end of that movie Han left for tokyo. and in this movie han is in tokyo. Thats why when shawn asked han "what brought you here" he said this is my mexico. cool little things like that.

JennB
12-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Not that I didn't like watching the drifting and seeing the cars and all of that but the acting and plot... blech

My theory: FnF3 was the same movie as The Last Samurai.... with cars.

umairejaz
12-05-2006, 04:45 PM
i paid attention to nothing unitl i went to go see it. sorry for being late. i just decided to watch the commentary when i was bored yesterday.

Han's character is from another movie the director did. at the end of that movie Han left for tokyo. and in this movie han is in tokyo. Thats why when shawn asked han "what brought you here" he said this is my mexico. cool little things like that.

nice, i think ill go rent it tonight.

Ran
12-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Han's character is from another movie the director did. at the end of that movie Han left for tokyo. and in this movie han is in tokyo. Thats why when shawn asked han "what brought you here" he said this is my mexico. cool little things like that.That I did not know. Cool. :goodjob:

R3RUN
12-05-2006, 04:46 PM
He actually drifted the car up the parking deck path between the barriers. This why he does well in Formula D.

Thats pretty damn cool. I need to get my ass into gear and get to some racing schools and learn how to do simple shit.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
12-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Not that I didn't like watching the drifting and seeing the cars and all of that but the acting and plot... blech

wtf?

LIRL....

TeeJay
12-05-2006, 04:50 PM

DUMBEST post ive read in a while :no:

JennB
12-05-2006, 04:50 PM
wtf?

LIRL....

Rebelious white guy goes to Japan and learns skill the people around him have been working on for years. Magically, he is as good or better than people who have been using this skill for most of their life. There is a big battle... he wins.

JennB
12-05-2006, 04:51 PM
DUMBEST post ive read in a while :no:

Sorry you don't get it but it makes perfect sense.

man
12-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Sorry you don't get it but it makes perfect sense.

Actually i kinda does make sense, a little

HalfBaked
12-05-2006, 04:55 PM
In Japan, Civil War veteran Captain Nathan Algren trains the Emperor's troops to use modern weapons as they prepare to defeat the last of the country's samurais. But Algren's passion is swayed when he is captured by the samurai and learns about their traditions and code of honor.

To avoid jail time, street racer Sean Boswell is sent to live with his father in Tokyo. There he discovers drift racing. After losing a race to Yakuza-connected D.K., the Drift King, Sean has to enter the Tokyo underworld to find a way to pay his debt.

Sounds identical!

imbosile
I watched a behind the scenes part, and that part where he drifts up that circular path with only a few inches to clear on each side, the car is sitting on rails and is just riding up the turn.

TeeJay
In Japan, Civil War veteran Captain Nathan Algren trains the Emperor's troops to use modern weapons as they prepare to defeat the last of the country's samurais. But Algren's passion is swayed when he is captured by the samurai and learns about their traditions and code of honor.

To avoid jail time, street racer Sean Boswell is sent to live with his father in Tokyo. There he discovers drift racing. After losing a race to Yakuza-connected D.K., the Drift King, Sean has to enter the Tokyo underworld to find a way to pay his debt.

Sounds identical!
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Ran
12-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Rebelious white guy goes to Japan and learns skill the people around him have been working on for years. Magically, he is as good or better than people who have been using this skill for most of their life. There is a big battle... he wins.Actually...he loses. He loses hard. He survived, but there is a difference between surviving a battle, and winning it.

JennB
12-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Well FnF3 guy didn't die off the cliff like people warned he would.

Jeez... y'all have too much pee in your cherrios today :taun:

JennB
12-05-2006, 05:01 PM

Sounds identical!

I'm in awe of your copy and paste skills.

TeeJay
12-05-2006, 05:12 PM
but at least its correct information!!!

HalfBaked
12-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Damn straight.

cntrl + c and cntrl + v ftw!

The Green Monster
12-05-2006, 08:48 PM

+1 for that...that's fuckin badass...you know what movie han was in originally?

that's sick...would it be safe to assume that Vin Diesel is in that movie as well? Since they knew each other?

that's pretty sick how he links movies :bump:

PSINXS
12-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Actually i kinda does make sense, a little
made sense but not very agreeable. actually the acting wasnt bad. and if you understood japanese culture you would def understand it.

PSINXS
12-05-2006, 08:58 PM

that's sick...would it be safe to assume that Vin Diesel is in that movie as well? Since they knew each other?

no i dont know which movie it was and VIn wasnt in it. It was independent film that Han was in. Also the director mentioned he didnt have enough to even pay Vin for his cameo. Vin did it out of good will.

Also if you notice Han in Tokyo Drift has an oral fixation. In most scenes he is snacking on something. In the other movie involving Han, he had an oral fixation. He smoked every other scene. Since constant smoking wasnt allowed on set in Japan, they changed it to snack food.

Hektik
12-05-2006, 09:08 PM
I rememeber watching the movie going " damn that mutherfucker is always eating"
lol haha

The Green Monster
12-06-2006, 12:09 AM
^^^same here lmao^^^

Korupshun SXE10
12-06-2006, 02:26 AM

That movie is "Better Luck Tomorrow", Justin Lin directed that movie also. Sung Kang plays Han in both movies. Better Luck Tomorrow, has nothing to do with racing or drifting.

PSINXS
12-06-2006, 07:25 PM
thanx for the name of that!!! i would like to see that to see how similar the two chracters are. han moves to tokyo and somehow gets involved with cars and yakuza.