PDA

View Full Version : turbo or supercharger

RUacurIT
12-04-2006, 11:09 PM
on a 06 rsx type s.. would you guys go with a HKS or Greddy turbo or comptech supercharger for a daily driver who wants speed at any given moment?

imbosile
12-04-2006, 11:10 PM
If you want it at any given moment I would say supercharger, but I don't really know much about specifics for your car.

BigBadBoy
12-04-2006, 11:16 PM
def. turbo so much more fun to drive then a supercharged vehicle and the TQ the turbo gives is just crazy and fun to have on the street.

slowrolla97
12-05-2006, 04:47 AM
on a 06 rsx type s.. would you guys go with a HKS or Greddy turbo or comptech supercharger for a daily driver who wants speed at any given moment?
Well you have to think about what each offers you. With a super you will have power everywhere but you are very limited on upgrades and more power in the long run if you want to upgrade. A turbo will allow you to drive your car out of boost to save on gas. You also have a lot of options on later upgrades with a turbo application.

Bruce Leroy
12-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Its a toss up, what are your power goals?? How much do you want to spend???

I would get a supercharger, but thats because I HATE turbo lag.

slowrolla97
12-05-2006, 06:45 AM

nick you car has engine lag......... V ATACK!!!!!!!!!

i4_garage
12-05-2006, 08:16 AM
do not get a greddy kit!....its suck! :) ....u probably might gain 50 whp ...superchargers are ok.....................but might i suggest a full race piece together kit? ...or even a Rev hard kit

Bruce Leroy
12-05-2006, 08:26 AM
nick you car has engine lag......... V ATACK!!!!!!!!!

kyle.......

u drive a 626 :gay:

loSiRcity
12-05-2006, 10:19 AM
i run a supercharger daily and its great. it holds 6 psi through almost all the rpm range so no reason downshift when passing. no change in gas mileage. its just nice to not have lag. plus ppl dont realize ur boosted till its too late. that my two cents

§treet_§peed
12-05-2006, 12:35 PM
eh supercharger...you gotta lose power to gain power...turbo, fucking turbo lag which can be fixed and reduced if not eliminated by adding a small shot of nitrous..

AE86 Dorifto
12-05-2006, 12:46 PM
How many miles are on it? Don't boost a car that's not broken in yet. But turbo is the way to go.

RUacurIT
12-05-2006, 10:04 PM
THanks for the input guys.... turbo it is...

GTScoob
12-05-2006, 10:07 PM
eh supercharger...you gotta lose power to gain power...turbo, fucking turbo lag which can be fixed and reduced if not eliminated by adding a small shot of nitrous..

And you dont lose power by the extra turbulence and resistance caused by the turbine in your exhaust?

RandomGuy
12-06-2006, 01:29 AM

what about a turbo-type supercharger

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLL

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Z0_o6
12-06-2006, 06:35 AM
or you could spend a little extra money and have the comptech installed at your local Acura dealership and retain the factory warranty for when you blow it up.

turbo if you have too much money.

§treet_§peed
12-06-2006, 01:00 PM
And you dont lose power by the extra turbulence and resistance caused by the turbine in your exhaust? not really enough to matter as to where a supercharger would be giving the crank a direct blow because it is belt powerd...besides there a ways to tune and adjust and add things here and there to dramatically reduce if not eliminate turbo lag

an0therh22
12-06-2006, 10:55 PM
id say turbo just because u can upgrade it in the long run.

Ran
12-07-2006, 03:33 PM
Question on the subject. With the Acura having the beloved VTEC, wouldn't a Supercharger make more sense? I would think that with the Supercharger, you would have it pull you from a dig and then when it potentially craps out at higher RPMs, your VTEC would take over. While with a turbo, you'd still have that lack of bottom end and the turbo would, in a way, replace the VTEC on top end. Just seems like a supercharger would make more sense to me.

Am I mistaken? Just curious.

§treet_§peed
12-07-2006, 03:45 PM
you bring up a good point..but i would still like to see mike aka Mr. kiDD thro his opinion out there