PDA

View Full Version : Question about suspension on 240sx

SR20DET-135
12-04-2006, 10:34 PM
I need recommendations on which type of suspension to get for my 240sx. I have a sr20det swap on it. THanks.

ChRiS
12-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Trust me...get "JIC FLT-A2"
Best suspension for a Nissan 240

Okay
12-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Stance or KTS. Both are top notch that you don't have to pay for it with an arm or leg. JIC is great but the US support blows. Stance offer a second pair of stiffer spring if you want to go stiffer ride and KTS has great customer support and they do rebuild. If you have money to spend a little more then Buddy Club Racing Spec is badass also. Just do research on what you want.

HalfBaked
12-05-2006, 11:05 PM
How much are you looking to spend? What are looking to do wise?

There is lots of different options available.

sebastianHoff
12-05-2006, 11:40 PM
FLT-A2 is head, shoulders, knees, ankles, and feet above anything else. its the only set up that lets you lower the car and still get a full stroke, nissans are almost as bad as the DSMs when it comes to that shit.

SampaGuy
12-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Trust me...get "JIC FLT-A2"
Best suspension for a Nissan 240

JICs suck in quality.

IMO coilovers are overkill if u are driving on the street, and girls will bitch about it and not want to ride in ur car. unless ur gonna drift, just get good aftermarket springs and shocks.

Cool Cat Racing
12-06-2006, 10:22 AM
FLT-A2 is head, shoulders, knees, ankles, and feet above anything else. its the only set up that lets you lower the car and still get a full stroke, nissans are almost as bad as the DSMs when it comes to that shit.
Tein Flex allows height adjustment seperate from stroke. Uses the same type of threaded lower as the JIC's do. Don't get me wrong though, I personally prefer the JIC's, just trying to give him all his options.
Ryan

sebastianHoff
12-06-2006, 01:30 PM
tein quality is just not there. im to the point where id rather buy the good shit to begin with and not have to worry about it. if hes only gonna be on the street tein might be the best way to go, but you really dont even need coilovers.

yudalicious
12-06-2006, 03:47 PM
this is 2006, almost all of the coilovers out there for the 240 have height adjustment without sacrificng stroke, not onnly the JICs. I say, just get whatever decent ones you can afford since I'm assuming this is just a street car.

down_shift
12-06-2006, 07:43 PM
If your asking this question I say just get some good springs (Eibach IMO) and a nice set of shocks. Cheap and good for spirited driving w/o sacrificing ride quality.

PSINXS
12-06-2006, 07:59 PM
tein quality is just not there. im to the point where id rather buy the good shit to begin with and not have to worry about it. if hes only gonna be on the street tein might be the best way to go, but you really dont even need coilovers.
i coudlnt be happier with my tein/tokico adjustable setup. for street driving it rocks.

SR20DET-135
12-06-2006, 09:09 PM
See i doo want a comfortable ride as well as drift haha. I am not trying to spend a whole lot. I am probably going to go with some struts and sways. Any recommendation?

down_shift
12-06-2006, 09:30 PM
research

yudalicious
12-06-2006, 10:17 PM
See i doo want a comfortable ride as well as drift haha. I am not trying to spend a whole lot. I am probably going to go with some struts and sways. Any recommendation?

just get KYB AGXs and some random springs, should cost you about $550, that should be good enough for you. I would advise you not to get sway bars yet before you actually drive and get a feel for the car.

StupidBikerBoy
12-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Got a set of Tein flex for the RB project. Gonna put the EDFC with so I can make adjustments in the car. Can't wait to try it out.