PDA

View Full Version : FUMES....

Killer
12-04-2006, 04:30 PM
i don't know what causes this, but my hb a lot of the time will have the worst smell inside.. i think it's the exhaust fumes.. is this common with swaps...

i mean smelling some fumes everyonce in awhile.. i understand, but this is almost constant..

it makes me light headed at times.. and normally gives me a head ache...

but then sometimes the fumes aren't even there.. i don't see any exhaust leaks, but u can't always see them...

it's a cat free exhaust... and i've got dc sport headers...

anyone know what to do to fix this... or what it is..??? any suggestions.

2.0civic
12-04-2006, 04:30 PM
MAN I TOLD YOU NOT TO EAT THOSE VARSITY CHILI DOGS

loSiRcity
12-04-2006, 06:58 PM
possibly the gaskets on the exhaust weren't lined up correctly and are leaking...

Killer
12-05-2006, 09:38 AM
MAN I TOLD YOU NOT TO EAT THOSE VARSITY CHILI DOGS

lol! nice...

and i guess i need to check those gaskets.. (i'm not very technical.. this is my first built car)... but hell why not do it myself like i've done everything else!!! lol...

i've wondered if that could be it myself..

but is there anything else it could be???

oh and again, the fumes aren't always there, but if i get on it and it hits high rpms.. u better believe u can smell it!!!!!!!!!

loSiRcity
12-05-2006, 10:04 AM
well yeah theres more places it could be but u said it was aftermarket which means it came with new gaskets. and i just assumed that it was a bad alignment in the gaskets. it happened to me the first time. just make sure u torque things evenly. dont torque one bolt completley then the other, do it a lil bit at a time

and yeah at higher rpms ur goin to smell it more because u have more pressure in the exhaust so u end up pushing more gases through the leaking area

Halfwit
12-05-2006, 10:05 AM
well yeah theres more places it could be but u said it was aftermarket which means it came with new gaskets. and i just assumed that it was a bad alignment in the gaskets. it happened to me the first time. just make sure u torque things evenly. dont torque one bolt completley then the other, do it a lil bit at a time

and yeah at higher rpms ur goin to smell it more because u have more pressure in the exhaust so u end up pushing more gases through the leaking area

Killer
12-05-2006, 10:12 AM
.. well i figured that much.. i was stating i guess.... finding the time and place to do this kinda work sucks though!... i work from 9-6 mon through friday..

oh and i wasn't the one who put the exhaust on by the way.. i know better then to tighten one bolt at a time.. on anything.