PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get the VW Jetta RECALL Letter

Eurostunna07
12-04-2006, 12:38 PM
For the cruise control switch and Brake Light???

gtikid
12-04-2006, 01:17 PM
I didn't know about the cruise control switch, but the brake light is just stupid. It sucks for the automatic cars b/c it won't let them take it out of park hahaha. I actually had a problem with the brake light on my gti, but I never got a letter for it in the mail. My light just turns on in the middle of the night and will stay on the whole night. Stupid VW's

Eurostunna07
12-04-2006, 02:04 PM
^^ hah..thats hilarious..but ya..they sent me a letter so im gunna just go get it fixed free of charge.

gtikid
12-04-2006, 02:28 PM
It's only like a $10 part, so it's not like they're losing a lot anyways. They should of recalled a bunch of other things, such as the switch in the seatbelt that activates the airbags, the faulty windows, the entire fautly electrical system, the shitty ass mounts, the heated seats that catch fire, etc....

rollininstyle2004
12-05-2006, 02:41 PM
I didn't know about the cruise control switch, but the brake light is just stupid. It sucks for the automatic cars b/c it won't let them take it out of park hahaha. I actually had a problem with the brake light on my gti, but I never got a letter for it in the mail. My light just turns on in the middle of the night and will stay on the whole night. Stupid VW's
Same thing happened on my sis's NB and a friends Jetta. Its a stupid design. basically a manual little switch that gets pressed in when you press the brake. That tells the car the brake is down which allows you out of park...you would think it would be more complex then a little almost button like thing...

4dmin
12-05-2006, 03:28 PM
yes got the same thing.

Chuckster
12-12-2006, 02:24 PM
no

DeutscheBAG!
12-12-2006, 08:33 PM
no

aren't you banned from Gossett VW? :thinking: