PDA

View Full Version : GSM Alarm???

con
12-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Anyone familiar with them or have one? Never knew about them until last night. I don't need anything super fancy but I would like notification of a probable thief so I can give them a big surprise :goodjob: So I'm pondering either the 2-way joints, I never park my toys any more than 400ft from me. If I am shopping etc. I take the grocery getter ala plain jane '03 base model Impala. Really I just need something that screams and says hey your vehicle is getting jacked.

Or - These GPS/GSM joints that seem pretty badass. An add-on unit is less than $200. Supposedly you have the ability to dial into the vehicle and disable the engine, verbally talk to the jacker and track the vehicle. It also calls your cellphone if someone is tampering with the vehicle. Only thing that needs to be separately purchased is a Sim Card which I have several already. Gotta luv burners (Term from HBO's 'The Wire'........) I didn't ask the brand he had, but the guy said that his worked perfectly for two weeks and then all of a sudden crapped out, but it has a warranty and he just has to await the refund. Could of just been a fuse, but he didn't inspect just snatched it out.

Any thoughts??? It's either that or I'm buying one of the $100 knockoff 2-ways.

con
12-04-2006, 10:40 AM
gonna stop by some local stereo shops during lunch to see if I can find a deal. why most people with hookups on IA have to be on the NortSide???