PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Military personel

Leadfoot_mf
12-03-2006, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure this has been posted or not, but if it has, a little reminder never hurts......................................later

Seeing the posts about our troops made me think of this.

"Dear Civilians, "We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

(1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem---kick their ass.

(2) When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest---kick their ass.

(3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.

(4) (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

(5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt).

(6) If you witness someone calling the US Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake---and kick their ass.

(7) Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her---of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.

(8) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans, and we all bleed the same, regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command is to include our Commander-In-Chief (C in C). The President (for those who didn't know) is our C in C regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. If you keep asking us the same stupid questions repeatedly, you will get your ass kicked!

(9) 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me---stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore, could kick your ass!

(10) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying 'Let's go kill those Commies!' And stop asking us where he is? Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me---if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their ass.

(11) 'Flyboy' (Air Force), 'Jarhead' (Marines), 'Grunt' (Army), 'Squid' (Navy), 'Puddle Jumpers' (Coast Guard), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. That could get your ass kicked.

(12) Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked."

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
"It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

"It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.

"It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

(Please pass this on so I won't have to kick your ass!)
"If you can read this, thank a teacher"
"If you are reading it in English, thank a veteran."

Evil Goat
12-03-2006, 09:01 PM
x2

Blitanicle99
12-03-2006, 09:09 PM
a fucking men

EvasiveEF9
12-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Hooah.

Thanks to those who serve. If you see one this holiday season, no matter what uniform, branch, age, rank, or sex...thank them. They are the one's who have fought to allow you to walk past them in silence.

"All gave some...and some gave all."

-c/rct Long, Benjamin
-NGCSU Corps of Cadets; Boar's Head Brigade

PS-Remember...don't ask them what they've done, or to share stories. Just thank them for their service with a smile. Remember. Even if you disagree with the war...they may agree with you...but their contract is solid, and their signature is in ink. It'll only take a second of your time.

GTScoob
12-03-2006, 09:18 PM
I agree with all of that except the stance on burning the flag.

Soldiers are just doing their job

EvasiveEF9
12-03-2006, 09:20 PM
I agree with all of that except the stance on burning the flag.

Soldiers are just doing their job
Talking about the final quote? "It is the soldier who..."

That one?

GTScoob
12-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Talking about the final quote? "It is the soldier who..."

That one?

Nah, the #2 rule.

Tank
12-03-2006, 09:25 PM
brings tears to this soldiers eyes hoah for real

EvasiveEF9
12-03-2006, 09:27 PM
How do you disagree? And who's doing what job? Burning the flag (untraditionally, or unhonorably without propor ceremony and prep) is a federal offense, but also degrading to the flag which represents the states of which are protected by the armed forces. It's a representation of our nation. How can ANYONE just let that go?

Hulud
12-03-2006, 09:29 PM
How do you disagree? And who's doing what job? Burning the flag (untraditionally, or unhonorably without propor ceremony and prep) is a federal offense, but also degrading to the flag which represents the states of which are protected by the armed forces. It's a representation of our nation. How can ANYONE just let that go?
i thought it was covered under free speech :thinking:

EvasiveEF9
12-03-2006, 09:31 PM
i thought it was covered under free speech :thinking:
Correct, however, that's only so long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of another. :screwy: gotta love the "rules" laid before us...

Agreed. It's covered under free speech, but it's degrading to our country. If you don't like our country...no offense, but over 1000 flights go outside of our borders on a daily basis...

Hulud
12-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Correct, however, that's only so long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of another. :screwy: gotta love the "rules" laid before us...

Agreed. It's covered under free speech, but it's degrading to our country. If you don't like our country...no offense, but over 1000 flights go outside of our borders on a daily basis...
im just saying, you said it was a federal offense, which its not

Tank
12-03-2006, 09:37 PM
its not a federal offence however for any military personell there will be trouble for us for burning the flag.

Hulud
12-03-2006, 09:38 PM
its not a federal offence however for any military personell there will be trouble for us for burning the flag.
i understand what your saying, but i was just clarifying what joker was saying

EvasiveEF9
12-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Actually, it is. I don't recall where I read it, but I did read it. Defacing the flag, is what they call it. But you're right...the right to burn the flag is protected by the ammendments...so...I don't know who would win... :screwy: good point, though.

AZN_Pride
12-03-2006, 09:42 PM
The government is kinda kooky.

Hulud
12-03-2006, 09:43 PM
i forsee this thread going in all directions by tomorrow evening lol

EvasiveEF9
12-03-2006, 09:45 PM
LoL, as long as we all agree we're not gonna be dick and keep it at a mature level, it could go well, haha. I can do it...can ya'll?

Of course...this IS IA. The breeding grounds for online "tough guys"...

AZN_Pride
12-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Long, imagine this thread in Memphis. They would be on another topic by now.

Tank
12-03-2006, 09:46 PM
i understand what your saying, but i was just clarifying what joker was saying
:goodjob: thats cool ive been in almost 5 yrs some people just get confused with civilian law and military so no biggy

Hulud
12-03-2006, 09:47 PM
LoL, as long as we all agree we're not gonna be dick and keep it at a mature level, it could go well, haha. I can do it...can ya'll?

Of course...this IS IA. The breeding grounds for online "tough guys"...
i keep it cool all the time

but i think if people want to discuss stuff it shouldbe in the correct forum
cause the WL is bs lol

Blitanicle99
12-03-2006, 09:48 PM
It is illegal to deface the flag. Huge fines on it.

EvasiveEF9
12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
It is illegal to deface the flag. Huge fines on it.
Hey, see if you can find a link on that. I would, but I'm trying to focus on my research paper...and failing miserably at it.

EvasiveEF9
12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Long, imagine this thread in Memphis. They would be on another topic by now.
LoL, what would the topic be?

EvasiveEF9
12-03-2006, 09:50 PM
ive been in almost 5 yrs
Thank you.

Which branch?

AZN_Pride
12-03-2006, 09:50 PM
It would have gone to Politics to Riced out Hondas in Arkansas.

Hulud
12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
It would have gone to Politics to Riced out Hondas in Arkansas.
:lmao:

so true

Nyteryder
12-04-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm not sure this has been posted or not, but if it has, a little reminder never hurts......................................later

Seeing the posts about our troops made me think of this.

"Dear Civilians, "We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

(1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem---kick their ass.

(2) When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest---kick their ass.

(3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.

(4) (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

(5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt).

(6) If you witness someone calling the US Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake---and kick their ass.

(7) Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her---of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.

(8) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans, and we all bleed the same, regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command is to include our Commander-In-Chief (C in C). The President (for those who didn't know) is our C in C regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. If you keep asking us the same stupid questions repeatedly, you will get your ass kicked!

(9) 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me---stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore, could kick your ass!

(10) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying 'Let's go kill those Commies!' And stop asking us where he is? Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me---if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their ass.

(11) 'Flyboy' (Air Force), 'Jarhead' (Marines), 'Grunt' (Army), 'Squid' (Navy), 'Puddle Jumpers' (Coast Guard), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. That could get your ass kicked.

(12) Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked."

"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
"It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

"It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.

"It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

(Please pass this on so I won't have to kick your ass!)
"If you can read this, thank a teacher"
"If you are reading it in English, thank a veteran."

Good shit!!! And I am in the Air Force and I dont fly a plane. LOL

ultm8mind
12-04-2006, 05:20 AM
Good stuff, and all this stuff about burning the flag, I have one on my right shoulder you can try to burn. But honestly, I doubt that'd happen. If you feel the need to burn our flag, the symbol of our great country, you shouldn't have the need to be in the country. I have been to places in this world that'll kill you for less and will be making yet another journey back next year. Good post, Happy Holidays to all Soldiers, Airmen, Marines and Seamen( Had to say it, LOL), and AIRBORNE!!!!!!!!