PDA

View Full Version : lowering springs needing camber kits?

RUacurIT
12-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Does any one know if after you installed your lowering springs to get camber kits?

just got tein s tech installed. now i need to know if i need the rear camber kit?

loSiRcity
12-02-2006, 02:14 PM
i think (not positive) the more u lower a car the more negative camber u give it. because u've just changed a dimension in ur cars suspension which other pieces relied on in making the wheel have positive or negative camber. u can get adjustable camber plates in which u'll have control on how much - or + camber u have. so like i said:

lower the care = more - camber

which affects two things: handling and tire wear

have fun rippin the turns lol

loSiRcity
12-02-2006, 02:14 PM
what type of car is it?

JstAneon
12-02-2006, 04:10 PM
and how big is the drop?

KevinT707
12-03-2006, 01:31 AM
It depends on how many inches it is being lowered, I would say 1" is ok but 2"+ you'd better get a camber kit. I've noticed that some cars will only have either the front or back that needs a camber kit (lowered quite a bit for example my CRX needed a front but not a back, & on a buddies 99 Civic the rear camber was worst than the front.

Just get the camber kit, & make sure you get an alignment afterwards to make sure everything is "straight".

GTScoob
12-03-2006, 01:54 AM
You're going to need an alignment after the springs anyways so why not spend $40 on some camber bolts since you are going to have everything apart anyways.

Turbodude06
12-03-2006, 09:14 AM
mines lowered about 2 inches and the place that did my alignment has some sort of jig that takes the camber out, but they said its only for honda's, so they took all my camber out without me buying a camber kit...

loSiRcity
12-03-2006, 09:44 AM
really? i've never heard of being able to adjust camber on a honda without some sort of upgrade. the alignment shop we refer our customers to has said over several occasions "pretty much everything can be adjusted except for camber." because of the way the suspension is made.

KevinT707
12-03-2006, 11:19 AM
really? i've never heard of being able to adjust camber on a honda without some sort of upgrade. the alignment shop we refer our customers to has said over several occasions "pretty much everything can be adjusted except for camber." because of the way the suspension is made.
Yea that sounds about right. Toe, caster etc can only be adjusted so much on stock parts.

92tegracer07
12-04-2006, 07:35 AM
speaking from experience here, i know that i had to but a camber kit for both front and rear for my DA once i lowered it...it's not a must but if you wanna save your tires then i'd go ahead and invest in it...a camber kit once is a hell of alot cheaper that tires every month or so....that's my :2cents:

RUacurIT
12-04-2006, 04:41 PM
I asked a mechanic about it and he said cuz you have a newer car probably not. you probably dont need a camber kit in the rear.

guys i got a 06 rsx type s. dropping the front about 1.4" and rear about 1.7"

RUacurIT
12-04-2006, 04:42 PM
anyone recommend a good set a camber kit made from japan?

KevinT707
12-04-2006, 09:31 PM
anyone recommend a good set a camber kit made from japan?
Its not necessary to get even JDM tyte camber kits, just use SPC or Skunk2. They don't cost much & are great.