PDA

View Full Version : General Chat svt cobra

admedlin
12-01-2006, 10:03 PM
What do you guys think about the svt cobra? I found a NICE one, 2001, 58k miles, stock, dark red convertible for sale for $17,500 I'm really really thinking about getting.

I drive a '97 prelude, so I know I would have to get used to a whole lot more power and rear wheel drive, but I'm sure I can handle that. My biggest concern I guess is insurance, but there again I'm sure I can handle that.

So I guess really I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks about the SVT Cobra. I know its a huge leap from a honda but this is my dream mustang, for only $17,500. Anybody have :2cents: ?

The Yousef
12-01-2006, 10:05 PM
get an 03!!!!!!

Kyle
12-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Maybe if you get it you can do some badass burnouts at the varsity...Hahhahha. JP. Do what you want. But insurance will be a bitch. I don't think they like cars with 300+hp.

13Bracer
12-01-2006, 10:36 PM
keep the lude man!!!
shit man that means no more V-TAAAAAKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

how can you live without it?!!
i know
you cant!!!

MachNU
12-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Yes insurance will kill you....shit jsut my 03 GT is a good bit, and a firne do fours whos older, has an 03 cobra convt. and he pays out the ass...with no speeding tickets and shit....ALSO you need to go out and drive those a couple times. If you never have, and all you are use to is a honda fwd..then you will wrap your ass around a tree REAL fast. its alot different. Mine will break the backend loose in 2nd...so i can only imagine a supercharged one!

97prelude
12-02-2006, 06:44 PM
wait and get an 03 coupe!!! convertables are 4 fags.

admedlin
12-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I love my Prelude but I've been having WAY too many problems with it and have spent about $3500 in the past year fixing things, replacing things just to keep it running. So thats why I want to move up a little. I'm paying about $240/month for insurance right now, I checked at Progressive and it was like $310/month. So it won't be a huge jump jump. But I've got a good job and I'm figuring I should be able to pay it off within 2 years max.

I took it for a test drive today. The dealer came up to me, I said I really liked it, he handed me the keys and said drive it around the block.... big smile goes on my face.... I didn't push it hard or anything, but that thing will HAUL! I'm not used to the torque, but it was a lot easier to handle than I thought. I only really gunned it once, in first gear up to 40ish, but yeah I think I can handle it.

2.0civic
12-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I love my Prelude but I've been having WAY too many problems with it and have spent about $3500 in the past year fixing things, replacing things just to keep it running. So thats why I want to move up a little. I'm paying about $240/month for insurance right now, I checked at Progressive and it was like $310/month. So it won't be a huge jump jump. But I've got a good job and I'm figuring I should be able to pay it off within 2 years max.

I took it for a test drive today. The dealer came up to me, I said I really liked it, he handed me the keys and said drive it around the block.... big smile goes on my face.... I didn't push it hard or anything, but that thing will HAUL! I'm not used to the torque, but it was a lot easier to handle than I thought. I only really gunned it once, in first gear up to 40ish, but yeah I think I can handle it.

you have full coverage or liability cause thats not a huge jump at all. a 17k cobra is either not supercharged (slower leaving you knowing you want more) or broken.

man
12-02-2006, 09:05 PM
you have full coverage or liability cause thats not a huge jump at all. a 17k cobra is either not supercharged (slower leaving you knowing you want more) or broken.

Well, the 01s aren't supercharged ;). 17k is about right for that car.

fight club
12-03-2006, 04:01 AM
supercharged or not, stock they are slow.

man
12-03-2006, 10:32 AM
:thinking:

Since when is 12s - low 13s stock considered slow?

admedlin
12-03-2006, 10:42 AM
yeah its definitely not slow, and no supercharger. they were put on in '03, right? I've been reading up on them a little, from the factory they have 320hp, tested at 272 to the wheels. 0-60 was clocked at 4.8 seconds stock, quarter mile 13.5 range. So they are by no means slow. Plus they still get like 20/26 mpg so its not a huge step down from the Honda with the gas mileage.

I do have full coverage, Im actually using Allstate right now but I'm checking around with other insurance companies to see if any would be lower for me. So far Progressive seems like the way to go. I just NEED to sell my car before Tuesday.....if I try to trade it in I probably wont get more than like $4k for it, so I want to sell it for about $5500 so I can pay it off and have at least a little downpayment. Anyone know someone who doesn't have to have inspections who wants a '97 5th gen prelude? PLEASE PLEASE??

Oh yeah and for you 97prelude, convertibles are not for fags. You're just jealous. Meanie... just kidding, different people like different things. I've always wanted to have a convertible for some reason, and now that I can afford one I'm gonna get it. I dont care, you can say I'm gay for getting a convertible that'll run a 1/4 2 seconds faster than your car....

The Yousef
12-03-2006, 11:25 AM

zack likes the penis...