PDA

View Full Version : Misc Ncaa 06

HyPer50
06-07-2005, 11:02 AM
Anyone seen the previews of this game? Man it's got some pretty sweet features. Basically you start off as a high school player, right before you have to go apply for schools, you choose your position, and then depending on your position you have to run a certain position drill set. Depending on how good you do depends on how big of colleges will try and recruit you, and even if you dont get the school you wanted to recruit you, you can try to walkon at the school. I'm getting this the first day I have it, play it as much as possible then draft my guy into Madden 06... And from what I've been hearing, it actually looks better than the previews of Madden. As for EA slacking now that they have a monopoly, it certainly doesn't look that way. Woot, God I can't wait.
/end hype fest.

bicsintegra
06-09-2005, 07:53 AM
i am still playing ncaa 2004 i am addicted to dynasty mode and being number1 in the country. of course i invented my own school and logo and create a lot of players but i play on heisman level. i will have to check this out ncaa 05 i didn't like it at all.

HyPer50
06-09-2005, 03:25 PM
i am still playing ncaa 2004 i am addicted to dynasty mode and being number1 in the country. of course i invented my own school and logo and create a lot of players but i play on heisman level. i will have to check this out ncaa 05 i didn't like it at all.

I took a few years off from NCAA, but ended up buying NCAA 05 a few months ago and man that game rocks. The one thing I really am missing tho, in both Madden and in NCAA is shoulder charge. I think the last football game that had it was NFL 2k3, and I just abused some corners in that game.. I'm more into the Jerome Bettis run em over style of running game, so doin' jukes took some getting used to. But ya, I'm on my 3rd season now in my Auburn dynasty, 2/2 championships so far. I just can't wait for 06 because it gives you the chance to play as one player on the team, more of a career mode (like in MLB2k6) which really interests me, then when your player graduates, draft him into madden 06 = )

bicsintegra
06-10-2005, 08:15 AM
what level are you playing on i have mine set to heisman and i am in my 29th season and i am like 460-63. but alot of that is creatin players and recruting them to my school for the first 3-4 seasons i was 4-9 then i said fuck this and created me. i broke a lot of records.

HyPer50
06-10-2005, 08:38 AM
what level are you playing on i have mine set to heisman and i am in my 29th season and i am like 460-63. but alot of that is creatin players and recruting them to my school for the first 3-4 seasons i was 4-9 then i said fuck this and created me. i broke a lot of records.

Mines on whatever the middle difficulty is, whatever it came on. I also made a player too, 6'3 250 RB lol, so far he's broken NCAA touchdowns in a season, in a career, and yards for a career in the school, and he's a junior. Now I recruited a speed wideout, so I'm breaking a few passing records now throwing the longball.

Greddypacked
06-12-2005, 12:12 AM
I thought you were talking about basketball first but i think your talking about football. When does this game come out, i love how it has the cool features, bands playing in the background, stickers on helmet, mascots, and the many other one's.

HyPer50
06-12-2005, 12:34 AM
I thought you were talking about basketball first but i think your talking about football. When does this game come out, i love how it has the cool features, bands playing in the background, stickers on helmet, mascots, and the many other one's.

July 12th I think

HyPer50
07-08-2005, 04:26 PM
2 days to go... Found out they actually put shoulder charge back in the game, so now you can be a true power back and run over the corners haha. Oh ya, and they added the hit stick (from Madden) except now it actually hits harder, instead of just having a chance to fumble. I'm gonna injure Matt Leinhart or however you spell his name heh.

mp5o
07-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Ea is full of gimmicks.

dwnsthGABOY
08-01-2005, 02:30 AM
EA sports is the shizzznit. BABY!!!

bicsintegra
08-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Mines on whatever the middle difficulty is, whatever it came on. I also made a player too, 6'3 250 RB lol, so far he's broken NCAA touchdowns in a season, in a career, and yards for a career in the school, and he's a junior. Now I recruited a speed wideout, so I'm breaking a few passing records now throwing the longball.

i have mine on heisman just because i was killing the computer and then one of my boys came to town and he stomped me all over my own house. then i went up to heisman and i had 3-4 losing seasons then i started creating people and recruiting better linebackers/corners/DL and creating the qb's.

HyPer50
08-03-2005, 07:01 PM
i have mine on heisman just because i was killing the computer and then one of my boys came to town and he stomped me all over my own house. then i went up to heisman and i had 3-4 losing seasons then i started creating people and recruiting better linebackers/corners/DL and creating the qb's.

Yup, I was on heisman for the first part of my first season in race for the heisman, but after getting my ass handed to me by Texas, I decided to put it on All american lol.

bicsintegra
08-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Yup, I was on heisman for the first part of my first season in race for the heisman, but after getting my ass handed to me by Texas, I decided to put it on All american lol.

when you play on heisman you have to actually coach your team no matter how good you are on heisman skill is nothing without coaching. i scout out the other team always look for the highest ranked players and ho wmany yards the rb/qb have and play your defense sets accordingly. that damn game stresse me and remember there is a reset button which i have vowed to never hit again unless i loose in the 4th quarter that is some bullshit.

HyPer50
08-04-2005, 04:13 PM
when you play on heisman you have to actually coach your team no matter how good you are on heisman skill is nothing without coaching. i scout out the other team always look for the highest ranked players and ho wmany yards the rb/qb have and play your defense sets accordingly. that damn game stresse me and remember there is a reset button which i have vowed to never hit again unless i loose in the 4th quarter that is some bullshit.

Ya... I never really get that far into strategy... I choose the same defensive play just about every time... 4-3 and i can't remember what the play is called, it's the first screen down, on the far right, where the LOLB rushs. and when I'm on offense I usually just let Korso pick lol. I really wish I could figure out how to be more strategic, but everytime i try i get crushed by the long ball haha

mi4dub
08-04-2005, 06:24 PM
i remember ncaa04
use to play for money every tuesday nights at local bar. over 50 people playing for grand prizeof $1000. they made a rule that if you win twice then you can't be in the future tournament. my 2 winings = $2000. bar tab = $400. trash talking, making new friends, learning new tricks = prece-less

we all should hold a tournament sometime when the game comes out. oh wait, this is atlanta... if Wack VA has tournaments then this place musta have mad tourny's

bicsintegra
08-05-2005, 07:43 AM
Ya... I never really get that far into strategy... I choose the same defensive play just about every time... 4-3 and i can't remember what the play is called, it's the first screen down, on the far right, where the LOLB rushs. and when I'm on offense I usually just let Korso pick lol. I really wish I could figure out how to be more strategic, but everytime i try i get crushed by the long ball haha

i used to play older games like that like PS One games but with ncaa you really have to know and prepare for the other team. some teams blitz every play and you have to go around that. and i am a passer but when you play against certain teams with good corners the long ball is not your friend.

bicsintegra
08-05-2005, 07:45 AM
i remember ncaa04
use to play for money every tuesday nights at local bar. over 50 people playing for grand prizeof $1000. they made a rule that if you win twice then you can't be in the future tournament. my 2 winings = $2000. bar tab = $400. trash talking, making new friends, learning new tricks = prece-less

we all should hold a tournament sometime when the game comes out. oh wait, this is atlanta... if Wack VA has tournaments then this place musta have mad tourny's

they used to have tournamenta at dugan's and places like that but i don't know if they still do. i haven't had a tournament in a long time.

HyPer50
08-05-2005, 07:48 AM
i used to play older games like that like PS One games but with ncaa you really have to know and prepare for the other team. some teams blitz every play and you have to go around that. and i am a passer but when you play against certain teams with good corners the long ball is not your friend.

Ya, I usually just played Madden, but I happened to buy NCAA 05 and loved it, so I had to get 06. In Madden you can pretty much just do the suggested play everytime and do pretty good. The main reason I always do that one play is cause 1 out of 5 times, my created heisman LOLB is gonna be left free and I can pound the QB... Thats all I care about in Race for the heisman lol, just gettin' my guy tackles/sacks.. Had 48 sacks in his freshman year and somethin' like 58 tackles for a loss... i'm probably gonna try it on heisman again whenever I start dynasty mode.

bicsintegra
08-05-2005, 11:07 AM
i am on dynasty mode right now with my second team that i created and currently on heisman level i am 26 straight wins and i just won the title and my wide receiver won the heisman and i broke my old record with 39 sacks. i think the best part of the game is comparing your stats and breaking records. with my old team i won 78 games in a row and i lost becasue i got cocky and would go for it on every fourth down the computer will humble you if you let them. i will probably get madden 2006 for christmas when i can get some time off to play it. on heisman it is hard to run the ball i average about 60 yards a game rushing and 270 yards in the air. but lately i have been airing it out with a recceiver i created who had 2800 rec. yards last year and was a sophmore.

HyPer50
08-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Ya, I was thinkin' about goin' with a RB again like I did last year, but decided I wanted to try a LB. Man it's hard to win the heisman with a defensive player when I have Adrian Petersen on my team who is rushin' for 200+ypg lol

bicsintegra
08-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Ya, I was thinkin' about goin' with a RB again like I did last year, but decided I wanted to try a LB. Man it's hard to win the heisman with a defensive player when I have Adrian Petersen on my team who is rushin' for 200+ypg lol

do you mean A.P. from georgia southern university? i won the heisman a couple of times with 3 receivers, 1 OLB, 1 RB.

HyPer50
08-05-2005, 03:33 PM
do you mean A.P. from georgia southern university? i won the heisman a couple of times with 3 receivers, 1 OLB, 1 RB.

no.... lol Adrian Petersen, the star Oklahoma RB = P

mi4dub
08-06-2005, 12:03 AM
they need to make ncaa games for the pc... they use to but they only make madden for pc. i like playing on pc just b/c its more reliable with save's and what not

HyPer50
08-06-2005, 12:24 AM
they need to make ncaa games for the pc... they use to but they only make madden for pc. i like playing on pc just b/c its more reliable with save's and what not

agreed... I loved playing Madden 05 on the PC, easy to play online, free to play online, free updates, easy to modify...

dwnsthGABOY
08-06-2005, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=mi4dub]i
we all should hold a tournament sometime when the game comes out. [QUOTE]

Yeah we should definitely get some ppl 2gether and have a tournament. I'm pretty good at madden. But I haven't played the college game in 3 yrs. LOL!!

bicsintegra
08-08-2005, 07:42 AM
hyper 50: so you play with oklahoma? i invente dmy own team in dynasty mode and i recruit or create what i need. it doesn't matter who is running the ball in heisman mode if you get 100+ yards it is usually off of a 80 yeard run in the first because you caught the defense napping.

mp5o
08-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Any body wanna sell me their ncaa 06 or madden 06 for ps2?