PDA

View Full Version : Lost my Freaking Seat Cowl.......

con
11-30-2006, 02:43 PM
What are the odds of the bolts in your seat cowl all backing out???

Well, I know of atleast one............I mean damn I know you should check to ensure all your bolts are tight every so often, but damn I never thought that bracket would come loose. Got home last night, got off the bike and looked back to see nothing but my took kit smiling at me and the damn bracket. Would of felt better if I had lost the entire thing from not closing it. Done that once years ago with the Kawa.

If someone should happen to ride the eastside perimeter of 285, Peach Tree Industrial or 675............pick up my shiat and holla at me :goodjob:

They're averaging about $50 on Ebay, guess I'll be riding with the seat for a while.........Who cares........

Princess12
11-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Damn that sucks! Sorry to hear that!

GIXXERDK
11-30-2006, 04:01 PM
I live around that area, ill keep an eye out

RageVelocity
11-30-2006, 07:36 PM
What are the odds of the bolts in your seat cowl all backing out???

Well, I know of atleast one............I mean damn I know you should check to ensure all your bolts are tight every so often, but damn I never thought that bracket would come loose. Got home last night, got off the bike and looked back to see nothing but my took kit smiling at me and the damn bracket. Would of felt better if I had lost the entire thing from not closing it. Done that once years ago with the Kawa.

If someone should happen to ride the eastside perimeter of 285, Peach Tree Industrial or 675............pick up my shiat and holla at me :goodjob:

They're averaging about $50 on Ebay, guess I'll be riding with the seat for a while.........Who cares........

why not get one from Triad Motorsports???

GIXXERDK
11-30-2006, 09:09 PM
why not get one from Triad Motorsports???
Stop promoting Triad if your not a site sponsor

RageVelocity
11-30-2006, 09:46 PM
Stop promoting Triad if your not a site sponsor

alritey.. if ya say so..

Jaszen1
11-30-2006, 10:13 PM
I know that this is totally off topic and all but I have to ask. This is my first year owning a bike and I dont remember last years temperature around this time cause I didnt care, but is the temperature unseasonable warm for the time of the year?

ueyedgr8tness
11-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Con my man lol i had my sea fly off last fri sat in the mountains it sux a$$.I turned around to go get it as soon as i was walking to it a fu***** women ran over it i was like:2up:

GIXXERDK
11-30-2006, 10:30 PM
I know that this is totally off topic and all but I have to ask. This is my first year owning a bike and I dont remember last years temperature around this time cause I didnt care, but is the temperature unseasonable warm for the time of the year?

Its never winter in GA... There are some warm days like the past couple days.

GIXXERDK
11-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Con my man lol i had my sea fly off last fri sat in the mountains it sux a$$.I turned around to go get it as soon as i was walking to it a fu***** women ran over it i was like:2up:

Puhahahhaha sorry to hear... lol You went to the Mt's without me?!?!

RageVelocity
11-30-2006, 11:03 PM
yea but that guy is right.. this odd for the end of november.. usually the low low should be starting about now. But this kind of weather you can basically T-shirt the whole day.

RageVelocity
11-30-2006, 11:04 PM

Damn dude.. that's worse than Con.. really..

con
12-01-2006, 07:05 AM
Damn Vic.........seeing it getting destroyed does sound kind of devastating. I'm sure mine is in bits and pieces as well as I was riding pretty damn hard, wheelies and all.

on the flipside seats are much cheaper to find than the seat cowls............

I hate GA's unpredictable weather, but then again sometimes I love it. I thought it was supposed to be cold as hell this morning and had on 3 layers, almost burnt the phock up on the way to work. I need to start watching the news more often..........

ueyedgr8tness
12-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Puhahahhaha sorry to hear... lol You went to the Mt's without me?!?!

I called u.U was going snowboarding LOl good stuff thoe:goodjob:

GIXXERDK
12-01-2006, 05:43 PM
I called u.U was going snowboarding LOl good stuff thoe:goodjob:
OH YEAH, thats right you did call lol. So how was it man? Just do your thing up there and dont try to keep up with Bucky lmao.

ueyedgr8tness
12-02-2006, 12:15 AM
OH YEAH, thats right you did call lol. So how was it man? Just do your thing up there and dont try to keep up with Bucky lmao.

Yea he about lost it but we didnt go real far but i was like i need new tires.But yea it was fun.

GIXXERDK
12-02-2006, 02:26 AM
Yea he about lost it but we didnt go real far but i was like i need new tires.But yea it was fun.
Glad you had fun man, I'll call you up next time I go.

ueyedgr8tness
12-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Glad you had fun man, I'll call you up next time I go.

Right on:goodjob:

Jaszen1
12-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Off topic again does anyone in here know anyone who knows how to install H.I.D.S. I think that would be a bad ass upgrade for my bike.

David88vert
12-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Off topic again does anyone in here know anyone who knows how to install H.I.D.S. I think that would be a bad ass upgrade for my bike.

I've done them on quite a few bikes. The R1 here has BMWs installed in it.

I've attached a zip file of a lot of pics of the hid install. All the pics are small to get the size down. Can give you an idea of the basics.

Jaszen1
12-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Would you install them on bike for a price? I have the 06 gsxr 600

David88vert
12-03-2006, 06:54 AM
I have too many projects going on right now, and way too much at work. I can look at what you have and walk you through the process in a few min though. It's not that hard.