PDA

View Full Version : I think I Learning Japanese

gijeff1805
11-30-2006, 11:50 AM
So my questions is...Has anyone taken a college course or any class on the Japanese language? I think im goin to be JDM TYTE ..lol...and learn some japanese cause i have to take a language, music appreciation or humanities class...and i figured japanese would be cool. I took spanish for 2 years in high school, so i kinda wanted to look at something different.

Is learning japanese very hard, or somewhat simple once you get the basics of the language?

Nemesis
11-30-2006, 11:52 AM
Why would you if you dont plan on living there anytime soon?

Learn to speak Americas second language. Spanish. Hispanic people are everywhere and your Taco Bell order will go through quicker.

:lmfao:

rupertaker
11-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Japanese is VERY hard.

Nemesis
nevermind just read you took 2 years of high school spanish. Take college spanish and learn something. LOL

Ran
The talking part isn't so bad, but I learned more in that department by watching anime than I did from going to class. The reading and writing isn't bad when you start with Hiragana and Katakana, but once you start Kanji it goes straight to Hell. :lmao:

My class only had 5 people originally. Two people skipped all the time and two dropped so it was just me and my 26yr old teacher. We actually starting dating before she went back to Kyoto. :(

It's a fun language to learn and isn't too hard compared to others. Good luck! :goodjob:

EDIT: To those that say you should learn Spanish to accomodate all the Spanish people here, f*ck them! They can learn English.

Nemesis
11-30-2006, 11:54 AM
OH AND JUDGING BY YOUR TITLE, YOU MIGHT WANT TO MASTER THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE FIRST

lol

And there isnt much to learning the Japanese language. Drop different types of metal eating utensils on the ground, record the sounds, and youll learn quick.

TeeJay
11-30-2006, 12:09 PM
OH AND JUDGING BY YOUR TITLE, YOU MIGHT WANT TO MASTER THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE FIRST

lol

And there isnt much to learning the Japanese language. Drop different types of metal eating utensils on the ground, record the sounds, and youll learn quick.
BAHAHAHAHAHA BEAT ME TO IT FUCKER!! :lmfao:

{X}Echo419
11-30-2006, 12:10 PM
So my questions is...Has anyone taken a college course or any class on the Japanese language? I think im goin to be JDM TYTE ..lol...and learn some japanese cause i have to take a language, music appreciation or humanities class...and i figured japanese would be cool. I took spanish for 2 years in high school, so i kinda wanted to look at something different.

Is learning japanese very hard, or somewhat simple once you get the basics of the language?

you've got the broken English down. that's 1/2 way there. :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
11-30-2006, 12:10 PM
took it for 1 semester in college, speaking isn't hard, and kanji isn't hard for me personally but all 3 alphabets do get kinda confusing =/

gijeff1805
11-30-2006, 12:14 PM
hey this is IA...not grammer school....

yur tawks dollors at wurc.....bahahaha

Nemesis
11-30-2006, 12:25 PM
hey this is IA...not grammer school....

Grammar.

RandomGuy
11-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Two people skipped all the time and two dropped so it was just me and my 26yr old teacher. We actually starting dating before she went back to Kyoto. :(

AHHAHA YOU SERIOUS NO WAY

AT GPC?!!

damn that type of shit is not even out of the norm any more

Ran
11-30-2006, 01:08 PM
AHHAHA YOU SERIOUS NO WAY

AT GPC?!!

damn that type of shit is not even out of the norm any moreYea, she was here on a temporary license to learn how to teach to English speaking students.

BTW, I got a 98 in the class. :D

Hiro
11-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Yeah I plan on learning it too, I've been really lame and looked up the free "Japanese for stoopid people" courses on line, but temporarily. I took three years of spanish and two semesters of Latin, and honestly, even though I know very little Japanese, it helps to have previous courses in different languages because you are used to having different sentence structure.

Mr_Mischif
11-30-2006, 01:31 PM
I seriously want to learn it before I get out of college, so like my summer of my senior year, I can go to Japan and get my JDM TyTeness on.

Sammich
11-30-2006, 01:41 PM
according to the title of your thread it seems as though you are off to a good start..

The Ninja
11-30-2006, 03:35 PM
i've beent aking it for i'm in my 3rd year of japanese in high school, I've always been interested in it. Its not extremely hard, Kanji is a bitch, reading it is sorta harder than english but u'll get used to it once u practice it. They don't space out words so u have to become familiar with the words so you'll kno where one ends and another starts. pretty easy all in all, just remember the correct particles... thats what i get messed up on... particles... de, ni, wa (ha), etc.

GIXXERDK
11-30-2006, 03:58 PM
If you took 2 years of spanish in HS you can take a placement test and if you pass, it will count as a college course.

PRiMAdonna
11-30-2006, 04:30 PM
i heard japanese was the hardest language to learn.

i'd advise you to take span 1001 if they have it @ your school. you couldnt ASK for an easier A.

Ran
11-30-2006, 04:33 PM
i heard japanese was the hardest language to learn.Aside from English you mean? ;)

gijeff1805
11-30-2006, 07:32 PM
If you took 2 years of spanish in HS you can take a placement test and if you pass, it will count as a college course.

that is actually a good idea...ill have to see if they will let me do that

GIXXERDK
11-30-2006, 07:34 PM
that is actually a good idea...ill have to see if they will let me do that
It is, no need to waste anymore time. If you took 2 years in HS, they WILL let you take the placement test. Its $85ish by the way lol

PRiMAdonna
11-30-2006, 09:36 PM
all you have to do is ask your advisor if you can CLEP elementary spanish.
im thinking about doing it too. i took 4 years of it in high school.

GIXXERDK
11-30-2006, 09:55 PM
all you have to do is ask your advisor if you can CLEP elementary spanish.
im thinking about doing it too. i took 4 years of it in high school.
Wow, teach me! My father is fluent in spanish and I dont know a lick of it..

PRiMAdonna
11-30-2006, 10:19 PM
haha.... spanish is extremely easy.

GIXXERDK
11-30-2006, 10:24 PM
haha.... spanish is extremely easy.
I'm obviously doing something wrong.. :cry: