PDA

View Full Version : A Look At Today's College Students (A Small Rant)

Ran
11-30-2006, 08:40 AM
So last night, a girl had to do a presentation on Post-Modern Theatre. This was easily the worst presentation I've ever seen in my entire life. Let me run by some key points of this masterpiece.

1. Visual Aid - She used MS Powerpoint. Kudos to her. The problem is that for her key points, she basically copied and pasted paragraphs from Wikipedia. Her points were full of links to other websites and misinformation.

2. Sound - Her Powerpoint presentation kept playing random music over and over and over again. To make it stop, she would right click on the screen and pause the presentation. The problem with this, is that it would bring up a menu that would cover her "key points" which basically kept her from trying to read them and thus defeating the presentation all together.

3. Preparation - None. Absolutely no knowledge of what she was talking about in the first place. She was trying to read off her key points but failed miserably since her little menu kept getting in the way each time she tried to stop the music.

4. Organization - None, once again. She would jump from random definitions, to a key person, back to definitions, to an example, then back to another key person. I had no idea WTF was going on.

5. Literacy - Probably the biggest shock is the fact that this girl is a second year college student and CAN'T READ. I'm not just being biased. This girl couldn't read half the sh*t on her presentation.

Her: "Phi..Phillip..." *Skips the word and moves on*
Me (In my head): "IT'S PHILISOPHICAL YOU STUPID B*TCH!"

I seriously don't undestand how these f*cking idiots even got out of high school. Yet people wonder why the significance of a college degree is declining. This is why I want to be a teacher. So I can either educate or root out these morons.

Hooray for American Education! :no:

4dmin
11-30-2006, 08:43 AM
WHAT SCHOOL DO YOU GO TO?

Ran
11-30-2006, 08:44 AM
WHAT SCHOOL DO YOU GO TO?Georgia Perimeter College (Dunwoody Campus)

That's probably the biggest problem. :lmao: I can't wait to get to KSU.

Nemesis
11-30-2006, 08:45 AM
WHAT SCHOOL DO YOU GO TO?

why are you yelling?

RandomGuy
11-30-2006, 08:46 AM
Georgia Perimeter College (Dunwoody Campus)

oh really? What days? hhaha i'm at clarkston campus right now.. was at dunwoody yesterday

RandomGuy
11-30-2006, 08:47 AM
why are you yelling?
LMAO (oops my bad i gotta use my inside voice: lmao

R.Kelly
11-30-2006, 08:47 AM
at least clayton state isnt like that or i would kill myself

Nemesis
11-30-2006, 08:50 AM
at least clayton state isnt like that or i would kill myself

Hey I go there. Took this semester off, but Im going back next.

Ran
11-30-2006, 08:51 AM
oh really? What days? hhaha i'm at clarkston campus right now.. was at dunwoody yesterdayMonday thru Thursday after 6:00 PM
Saturday from 8:00AM - 10:45AM

kelly marie
11-30-2006, 08:55 AM
maybe she was just really nervous.. which would explain her studder.. but yeah she probably put the presentation together the night before and hadn't reviewed it.. im sure her grade will reflect that..

Ran
11-30-2006, 09:01 AM
maybe she was just really nervous.. which would explain her studder..Nervous is one thing and I can understand that, but this was something completely different. The girl simply can't read.

but yeah she probably put the presentation together the night before and hadn't reviewed it.. im sure her grade will reflect that..Doubtful, our teacher is a tool who wants to make everybody happy. He'll pass her.

Niger
11-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Monday thru Thursday after 6:00 PM
Saturday from 8:00AM - 10:45AM

yeah... i cant really do late classes ... always have shit to do

mon and wed im there 11AM to 2PM and then here (clarkston) at 8AM to 12PM :)

haha early FTW cuz then i ahve practically the entire day free

kelly marie
11-30-2006, 09:02 AM
Nervous is one thing and I can understand that, but this was something completely different. The girl simply can't read.

Doubtful, our teacher is a tool who wants to make everybody happy. He'll pass her.lol well then that just sucks.. sorry you had to sit there and listen to her.. :lmfao:

Niger
11-30-2006, 09:03 AM
oh yeah and the commute from here in port harcourt is crazy. Sometimes traffic is so bad that I have to leave the night before

Ran
11-30-2006, 09:03 AM
lol well then that just sucks.. sorry you had to sit there and listen to her.. :lmfao:I didn't. I played games on my iPod. :D

Stormhammer
11-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Georgia Perimeter College (Dunwoody Campus)

lol - I'm @ Lawrenceville... I know all about your pains man :lmfao:

EvasiveEF9
11-30-2006, 09:42 AM
LoL, probably mostly just no prep, and ditzy? That's a bad presentation, though...

Get outta there. You seem smarter than that place...

Is she a total ditz/obnoxious in class, or does she just suck at presenting?

Ran
11-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Is she a total ditz/obnoxious in class, or does she just suck at presenting?Obnoxious would be the word. She came into class last week about 15mins before it ended and tried to sign the roll while talking on her cell phone. When the teacher told her that she couldn't sign in, she scoffed, went back to her cell phone conversation and left. :rolleyes:

The Green Monster
11-30-2006, 10:10 AM
ya'll don't have to go to the citadel...be thankful

BluesClues
11-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Unfortunately I have not had to deal with that kind of stuff. I will say there are a lot of people who can not read in college. I learned that like my Freshman year in college. I still don't understand how the hell did they graduate high school and can't fucking read! So yeah the school system sucks!

R.Kelly
11-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Hey I go there. Took this semester off, but Im going back next.

what days will you be goin? im goin monday wednesday and friday next semester

2.0civic
11-30-2006, 10:41 AM
Unfortunately I have not had to deal with that kind of stuff. I will say there are a lot of people who can not read in college. I learned that like my Freshman year in college. I still don't understand how the hell did they graduate high school and can't fucking read! So yeah the school system sucks!

its easy...if you are an athlete (good athlete) or kiss your teachers asses right, you will pass...end of story. My sophomore year i had a hard time in one of my classes (geometry) and i made like a 78...funny part is, the kid next to me (major athlete at our school, now got a D1 football scholarship lol) made a 94 and COPIED ALL MY SHIT. Funnier part is, when my teachers found out i wrestled, my geometry grade was a mid 80....hmmmm

BluesClues
11-30-2006, 11:10 AM
its easy...if you are an athlete (good athlete) or kiss your teachers asses right, you will pass...end of story. My sophomore year i had a hard time in one of my classes (geometry) and i made like a 78...funny part is, the kid next to me (major athlete at our school, now got a D1 football scholarship lol) made a 94 and COPIED ALL MY SHIT. Funnier part is, when my teachers found out i wrestled, my geometry grade was a mid 80....hmmmm
Yeah they used to do that shit in high school. My ex-boyfriend was the star football player and after we broke up he used to harrass me sexually and my teacher would tell me I brought it on myself instead of doing anything about it. Fucked up shit!

umairejaz
11-30-2006, 11:17 AM
I seriously don't undestand how these f*cking idiots even got out of high school. Yet people wonder why the significance of a college degree is declining. This is why I want to be a teacher. So I can either educate or root out these morons.

Hooray for American Education! :no:

But you neglected the most important thing...

was she hot?!

Ran
11-30-2006, 11:20 AM
was she hot?!No. Dumb as a rock and looked like one too.

Nemesis
11-30-2006, 11:21 AM
what days will you be goin? im goin monday wednesday and friday next semester

Classes in the evening. From 6- 10 pm. I work M-F in Atlanta though. Are you a freshmen?

R.Kelly
11-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Classes in the evening. From 6- 10 pm. I work M-F in Atlanta though. Are you a freshmen?

yes i am...i do morning classes so i can work in the afternoons...my current schedule is tuesday and thursday 9-4:15 so i can only work 3 days a week now but with my new schedule ill be able to work everyday and have them fat stacks:goodjob:

Nemesis
11-30-2006, 11:33 AM
yes i am...i do morning classes so i can work in the afternoons...my current schedule is tuesday and thursday 9-4:15 so i can only work 3 days a week now but with my new schedule ill be able to work everyday and have them fat stacks:goodjob:

What is your major? Trust me, the curriculum is a lot harder than you think its going to be. A lot of my friends decided to transfer to GSU because it was easier there, and some that went to GSU thinking CCSU was going to be easy, transfered back because they were failing classes left and right. :lmfao:

R.Kelly
11-30-2006, 11:38 AM
What is your major? Trust me, the curriculum is a lot harder than you think its going to be. A lot of my friends decided to transfer to GSU because it was easier there, and some that went to GSU thinking CCSU was going to be easy, transfered back because they were failing classes left and right. :lmfao:

yea its hard......my major is psychology but i think im goin to change it to history, whats your major?

Nemesis
11-30-2006, 11:41 AM
yea its hard......my major is psychology but i think im goin to change it to history, whats your major?

Im still pursuing my Bachelors in IT. My advisor's 3 years ago had me taking a lot of classes I didnt need to take, so basically Im stuck with almost 100 credit hours and some of them don't apply to my major. Im thinking about swapping to Business and just going for certifications on the side.

EvasiveEF9
11-30-2006, 01:05 PM
ya'll don't have to go to the citadel...be thankful
From NGCSU...may God rest your soul...

LoL.