PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you can't sleep?

Kermit
06-07-2005, 12:10 AM
So, if you're laying there trying to fall alseep, and you have been for an hour or more, and are having no luck, what do you do?

What if falling asleep is a problem for several consecutive nights, what do you do then?

Finally, what if you can't remember the last time you layed down, quickly fell asleep, and slept the entire night through, then what do you do?

This is a serious problem that I'm having and I need suggestions.
Please don't reccommend drugs, I'm not a user and that's not an option.

Kermit
06-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Apparently everyone else is sleeping... :(

JustinSane110™
06-07-2005, 12:24 AM
Are you stressed over anything?? I know one time I was up for 7 days straight cuz I was stressed out over some things.

Kermit
06-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Nothing inparticular, that's why I can't figure out what the problem is. I just lay there thinking about everything from new car parts to how to solve the traffic problems to what I'm going to do to tomorrow and whatever else pops into my mind. It's like I can't get my head to shut up long enough to fall asleep.

Cliff
06-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Billy Joel- Dancing with myself would be an excellent song choice for you

Kermit
06-07-2005, 12:30 AM
Billy Joel- Dancing with myself would be an excellent song choice for you
lol-how's it going anyway Cliff? Long time no talk.

RandomGuy
06-07-2005, 12:33 AM
try working out like anything during the day... when you get home, you just collapse on your bed and dont wake up for a while. That's what I do... i do, however have occaisional spells of insomnia. Try UNISOM, jk...

Stay up for a day then the next day ud just fall out and go to sleep

Kermit
06-07-2005, 12:36 AM
Stay up for a day then the next day ud just fall out and go to sleep

That's usually about what happens, but this goes on for a month or two until my body is so physically drained that I sleep for an entire day. Then, it's back to the same old staring at the ceiling wishing I were sleeping routine.

twkg
06-07-2005, 12:51 AM
ive got the same problem. i think im about to go see a doctor for it. it just sucks because you want to sleep so bad but all you do is lay there and then you start to think what you could be doing instead of just laying there if youre not gunna fall asleep anyway.

ahmonrah
06-07-2005, 12:54 AM
So, if you're laying there trying to fall alseep, and you have been for an hour or more, and are having no luck, what do you do?

What if falling asleep is a problem for several consecutive nights, what do you do then?

Finally, what if you can't remember the last time you layed down, quickly fell asleep, and slept the entire night through, then what do you do?

STAY AWAKE:lmfao:

Kermit
06-07-2005, 12:55 AM
ive got the same problem. i think im about to go see a doctor for it. it just sucks because you want to sleep so bad but all you do is lay there and then you start to think what you could be doing instead of just laying there if youre not gunna fall asleep anyway.

Exactly, and here I am :(

Guess I'll wait until 2:00 and go try again. This sucks, I have to be up in 4 hours.

ahmonrah
06-07-2005, 01:01 AM
nah i'm kidding, from one insomniac to another. the longest time i've stayed awake was 5 days str8. now i'm up for about 36-40 hours. i simply can't sleep. sometimes it's due to stress. sometimes i just can't sleep and when i realize it it's time to go to work again. but when i do get to sleep i crash hard. mostly on my off days. but some thing that helps me get to sleep is actually listening to music(slow) and i have one of those lamps that holds water misting and has colored leds that blink. that helps.

Kermit
06-07-2005, 01:03 AM
??? Tell me about this light, never heard of one like that. Is it designed to be soothing or something? If so, where would I get one? I need all the help I can get.

ahmonrah
06-07-2005, 01:13 AM
its soothing as hell. the links are controlled by a remote and has various settings like strobe, a gradual change and blinking. plus it babbles. it great though.mine cost me about 50 dollars. imma look for a pic and post it up for you. hopefully with a link to get one. it's great.

ahmonrah
06-07-2005, 01:19 AM
the fountain is called "mist of dreams". i bought it at a mall in macon. but i kow they sell them at stores and malls here in atlanta. i've seen them but i bought the one in macon first when i was there working during christmas 2004. here is the pic.http://pics2.spoonfeeder.com/AieFTPFiles/AIEUser/YU97QG4YTDCM/H3YXRVZENU6V.jpg

heres another link with the animated floor model : you can purchase one here too. http://www.artisticdelights.com/scalmisfoun.html

DJ XtRaK©
06-07-2005, 01:47 AM
ITS EASY!!! grab a bottle of wild turkey (such as i have done), drink damn near all of it (such as i have done), get drunk as fuck (such as i am now), and pass the fuck out (such as im about to do)....k thanks

twkg
06-07-2005, 03:23 AM
id probly end up staying up watching the lamp...

twkg
06-07-2005, 03:27 AM
i managed to get to sleep at about 6am yesterday. lucky i dont have to be at work till 2pm but it still kills the day.

if you come up w/ a solution let me know cuz this is gettn bad.

never_finished
06-07-2005, 04:17 AM
you sound like me dude....i can never seem to fall asleep anymore....so i try to stay up all night and just hope to be able to sleep the next night....but then im just physically tired, and still cant sleep. That or i end up falling asleep around 6am and when i wake up i feel like shit.

HyPer50
06-07-2005, 05:50 AM
I find that it is just about impossible for me to go to sleep without being sleepy.. I can't force myself.. So I usually just put a movie on and bury my head under a pillow.. I may lie there for about an hour, but eventually I'll fall asleep.. Try some of those sleep pills, I heard they work pretty good.

ruah_23
06-07-2005, 06:07 AM
Adrenelin* rush that's what cause you to keep you awake. Try making yourself really tired by working out..run 6-7 miles a day. It will guaratee to make fast asleep without having to take any drugs.

Or if u want easier way, get urself a sleeping tea/ sleeping pill.

kilpatty43
06-07-2005, 06:22 AM
i get about 3 hours of sleep a night...and its usually staggered...i read when i cant sleep

civic95
06-07-2005, 06:40 AM
Try to drink nothing other than water after 6pm. Last thing you want is any caffeine in your system. Go for a walk a couple hours before going to bed, or do push ups, crunches, etc. If you can go to a gym, if not there are plenty of things you can do at home for physical exercise.

Also, try not to anything in your bedroom except sleep. If you have a TV, PS2, etc take it out or don't use it. I read an article once that will help a lot of people that have trouble sleeping. Your mind should only associate your room with sleep, not watching TV, or w/e. Helped me

KL_03Mx-3
06-07-2005, 06:43 AM
all jokes aside...... look i used to have the same problem but....the make perscription pills called ambien...go to the doctor tell him everything and he wil write you a perscription that easy..oh yea if u try to stay awake after you take one you get really dizzy

HyPer50
06-07-2005, 07:01 AM
all jokes aside...... look i used to have the same problem but....the make perscription pills called ambien...go to the doctor tell him everything and he wil write you a perscription that easy..oh yea if u try to stay awake after you take one you get really dizzy

Sounds fun.

AtifSajid
06-07-2005, 07:47 AM
that usually mean your a lazy ass all day. Do like Lamar said and tire yourself some. It helps to sleep much better. Also praying before you sleep usually makes you want to go to sleep also.

Kermit
06-07-2005, 08:06 AM
the fountain is called "mist of dreams". i bought it at a mall in macon. but i kow they sell them at stores and malls here in atlanta. i've seen them but i bought the one in macon first when i was there working during christmas 2004. here is the pic.http://pics2.spoonfeeder.com/AieFTPFiles/AIEUser/YU97QG4YTDCM/H3YXRVZENU6V.jpg

heres another link with the animated floor model : you can purchase one here too. http://www.artisticdelights.com/scalmisfoun.html
Thanks!

Kermit
06-07-2005, 08:09 AM
that usually mean your a lazy ass all day. Do like Lamar said and tire yourself some. It helps to sleep much better. Also praying before you sleep usually makes you want to go to sleep also.

Me, a lazy ass? Hardly. But I can see why that would cause someone to have a similar problem to mine.

green91
06-07-2005, 08:24 AM
i usually either drink a beer or take a benadryl

Macro
06-07-2005, 08:34 AM
hey man when i cant sleep i watch old skoo war movies that will surely put your ass to sleep.

5thgcelica
06-07-2005, 08:43 AM
yeah you probably need to work out some...
or you could masturbate. lol that usually helps with awakeness. lol.

im gonnag et ragged out on this one..

Macro
06-07-2005, 09:10 AM
^^^^hahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahahhah Masturbate!!!:lmfao::lmfao:

Kermit
06-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Well, I already work out 3-4 times a week and masturbate 3-ahhh...nevermind
lol

DrivenMind
06-07-2005, 09:26 AM
What do you do when you can't sleep?

...I dick around in photoshop usually

Sometimes I work on my website or edit video too though... or guitar.

who knows. I usually go 23 hours awake, then sleep for an hour and do it over and over agian. I'm a serious forum whore when I can't sleep too...

krindus
06-07-2005, 11:03 PM
whoever mentioned the only using the bedroom for sleep (and sex) is dead on, same thing with associating your kitchen with eating. for some reason your mind associates places with certain things, as well as smells too, maybe try some insence or candles before bed (and putting them out before you go to sleep) your brain might associate these smells with sleep and might help you get there faster.

A couple other things that help are, try going to sleep the same time every night, get yourself on a scheduel. Also if you don't fall asleep for about 15-20 minutes after laying down, then go get up and do something that doesn't involve a whole lot of effort, like watch tv. videogames and the internet usually have a little more involvement, so you don't want to do that as much.

and one other thing that i've done that really helps me is count how many times you yawn, i usually try to go to sleep on the 4th or 5th yawn.

SaraX5
06-07-2005, 11:32 PM
i would say work out more and dont work out at night. Wake up early to workout. you'll pass out cold come time to sleep

Cliff
06-07-2005, 11:38 PM
buy a bug zapper hang it outside your window...grab a drink and sit and watch the bug zapper till you get worn out...

©hris
06-08-2005, 12:08 AM
roll a goober..... u'll be out no time

Z33_kid
06-08-2005, 12:17 AM
drink a sleeping pill get high lol somthing

KL_03Mx-3
06-08-2005, 06:20 AM
drink a sleeping pill get high lol somthing
can i have one of the liquid sleeping pills? :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Niggerian
06-08-2005, 07:26 AM
excercise naked outside

LaurenK
06-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Take some Benadryl or an over the counter sleep aid.

verash
06-08-2005, 08:54 AM
cry and touch myself....yeah!

Bishop
06-08-2005, 09:26 AM
you need to sell me your civic, thats what the problem is. :)

boosted1jz
06-08-2005, 09:40 AM
crazy as it may seem.... when i cant sleep i go and drink a coke..... its like instead of hyping me up it calms me down and i can finally sleep

you could always try whackin it for a bit b4 u go to bed and wear yourself out LOL..... yes ive done this b4 too :p and to any1 who says they dont do that ur full of shit!!

chris

flysi00
06-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Nothing inparticular, that's why I can't figure out what the problem is. I just lay there thinking about everything from new car parts to how to solve the traffic problems to what I'm going to do to tomorrow and whatever else pops into my mind. It's like I can't get my head to shut up long enough to fall asleep.
I had the exat same problem! I would think about everything that had happened that day to something 4 weeks from now. I just kept trying to fall asleep until I finally did. Try taking a hot shower before going to bed. No caffine. And there is a natural drug called Melitonin(I think that's how it's spelt) It helps you fall asleep. Its natural! Doesnt make you drousy the next day! You can get it pretty much anywhere. Eckerd's,Wal Mart, Target, Costco, etc. Hope this can help! Good luck!! ~Ashton :)

5thgcelica
06-08-2005, 11:14 AM
you could always try whackin it for a bit b4 u go to bed and wear yourself out LOL..... yes ive done this b4 too :p and to any1 who says they dont do that ur full of shit!!

lol i know it works. lol. why do you think i mentioned it? lol.

either that or hire a hooker.

trythefly
06-08-2005, 11:59 AM
lol get a hammer and hit yourself on the head. Always works.

Kevykev
06-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Went through the same problem some time ago, it was definatley stress related; my mind seemed to be restless. You must find a way to clear your mind to the point when you can dedicate time to rest.

trythefly
06-08-2005, 12:05 PM
I usually just roll over and bang my wife when I can't sleep.