PDA

View Full Version : Collegiate Financial Aid

EvasiveEF9
11-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Was curious if maybe anyone knew of places to go to look for financial aid for school and such. I know some companies offer financial aid to college students as a tax writeoff, I just don't know of any to apply to. Anyone know of any good sources or places to look for grants or financial aid?

Hulud
11-29-2006, 09:50 PM
goto the school you are going to/applyin to

they have plenty of info there

ahmonrah
11-29-2006, 09:51 PM
YEP!! the school will have most of what u need.

EvasiveEF9
11-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Yeah, but I heard someone say there's like a catalog out there that has tons of grants and stuff that are available to college students (or those looking to start college) that schools usually don't list for whatever reason. Not to mention our financial aid office is lazy and is convinced the only aid available is enlisting, pell grant, federal award, hope, and GA ROTC grant...unless you're a minority, then you've got one or two other options.

Dragonfly5338
11-29-2006, 10:07 PM
www.fafsa.ed.gov

EvasiveEF9
11-29-2006, 10:09 PM
Already did that. Pulled all I can from it. Based on parents income, I'm not awarded ALL that much...despite parents aren't paying jack shit for my schooling.

ka-t_Zenki
11-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Already did that. Pulled all I can from it. Based on parents income, I'm not awarded ALL that much...despite parents aren't paying jack shit for my schooling.

same boat.. mama dukes aint payin shit.. share the info with me if u get anything new please

EvasiveEF9
11-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Yeah, man, no problem. I'm assuming have filled out your fafsa and all that stuff already, though? Checked in with Fin Aid?

Just checkin'.

I can't wait to get through this upcoming semester because I'm hoping to be on Hope...