PDA

View Full Version : help asap! please

JayJones
11-29-2006, 06:12 PM
does anyone have how to on installing a fuel filter for a 91 civic hatch?

hemi
11-29-2006, 06:13 PM
First take the old one off, then put the new one on...

2.0civic
11-29-2006, 06:14 PM
lol its actually a rather easy job

§treet_§peed
11-29-2006, 07:25 PM
well see..you have to take apart the v-tec generator apart..then that wil lead you to the v-tec vortex flux-capictor ..which then will lead you to the fuel filter..but before you can remove the fuel filter you have light a cigg as you are removing it

DrunkScotsman
11-29-2006, 07:56 PM
there is two bolts on the top of the filter , i believe one is 12mm and the other is a 17mm , and one 10mm bolt on the side that holds the filter there , dont remove the 10mm till you take off the two other bolts , make sure when you are takin off the bigger bolts you hold the lines firmly , make sure thatwhen you put the new one on the writin on the top faces the rear of the car , if you happen to not know where the filter is ...... it is on the passenger side firewall , it is a very easy install! oh before i forget , make sure that you have one copper o-ring on the top and the bottom of the bolt when you replace them , they should come with the new one , when you start the car , it wont start rite up! dont panic , it will fill up and start! hope this helps!

§treet_§peed
11-30-2006, 02:44 PM
my idea was better

DrunkScotsman
11-30-2006, 04:19 PM
your ":gay: " ideas are always better! lmao!

Hektik
12-02-2006, 03:21 AM
make sure to dry up th fuel lines before....
take out the fuse for the fuel pump.start the car and let it idle for a couple of minutes at most and it should die on its own this will pull the fuel out of the lines this way you dont end up with fuel all over urself...
make sure to put the fuse back in after u switch it out or the car wont start. an ur going to have to give it a couple of tries.

DrunkScotsman
12-02-2006, 08:28 AM
:thinking: :2up: its ok noob , post a thread then not say thanx to the people who are helpin ya , or as a matter of fact post any kind of response! so......you get one of these from me :hanged: :tool:

GSRteg®
05-05-2007, 01:28 PM
His thankfull