PDA

View Full Version : Misc Watching iPod videos on the TV (Need Video Resolution Help)

Ran
11-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Okay, so I have some anime on my iPod and I have a thing to where I can play the vids on my TV. Great! I do have a problem tho.

1. The screen resolution makes it so that the subtitles on the bottom are chopped off. The converting program (Videora) is saving it as a 320x240 resolution. What resolution would be similar to a widescreen so that it doesn't chop the subtitles off the bottom? Also, The resolution is terrible on the TV. Again, it's being saved as a 320x240. There are other resolutions I can pick.

640x272
640x360
720x306
720x320

What would be best? I did a ghetto guess by using MSPaint attribute and it seems like 640x360 would be the best. Also, WTF is bitrate?

Thanks in advance!

Mr_Mischif
11-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Well, the first thing I'd do is just save it as the actual size of the anime, if you can.

And bitrate is the number of bits used per unit of time (usually second) to represent video. For the most part, the larger the bitrate, the better the quality, but there is a barrier that you can increase the bitrate but the quality will remain the same.

Ran
11-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the info Mischif. I bumped the resolution up to 640x320 and it's perfect in terms of size on the TV. I raised the bitrate from 900kbps to 1500kbps and the quality literally doubled. I would try it at 2500kbps, but the file size would be about 350MB per 20min episode. A bit much IMO. I also don't think that the quality would improve much more since the bulk of the problem lies in the fact that the vid itself is being stretched to fit. I may try it just for sh*ts-n-giggles tho. Thanks again!

:cheers: