PDA

View Full Version : Misc Mike Vick Monday Press Conference

TeeJay
11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
he seemed like he was really sorry for what happened and really sincere, we'll see how all this turns out, there is a link to the video in the link if you dont wanna read it

http://atlantafalcons.com/team/article.jsp?id=16758

Falcons Quarterback Michael Vick - Monday, November 27

Q: Do you have a reaction to what happened after the game yesterday?
Vick: My emotions got the best of me. I apologize sincerely to my fans and to everyone that has seen me make that gesture. People who know me know that is not what I am about. I just got caught up in the moment. I care a lot about this team and this organization. I care about winning and I think that was a part of it. I am sorry. I apologize to all the kids that saw me make that gesture. It was very inappropriate. I just let my emotions get the best of me in that situation and it will not happen again.

Q: What was said to you to make you react the way you did?
Vick: It wasn't directed towards to me. I think it was directed towards everyone that was walking off the field. I care about my teammates; we want to win for the fans. We don't want to go out there and put on a disappointing effort like we did yesterday. He was just saying certain things that I can't repeat, but they were very inappropriate. I was feeling a certain way at the time; I was down, I was sad, upset, frustrated and did something I have never done throughout all the games I have lost and as frustrated I have been. I don't know where it came from. People who know me, know that is not me and I know that is not my character.

Q: Is this the first time the home crowd has turned on you?
Vick: Yes it is. I was just talking with Alge (Crumpler) for a second yesterday, and we were just saying I have never experienced a situation like this before. Neither of us has experienced a situation where we are getting booed and the fans were unhappy. We have always been able to keep them happy and put on a show and keep them happy. These are some of the things we have to go through. We are not perfect. We are human. Some teams are going to beat others on any given Sunday and we have to expect that and be willing to make changes.

Q: As a player are you concerned about what fans think and are you concerned about fans may think now?
Vick: That is why I am addressing the situation now. I can't go back to yesterday. That is the reason I am apologizing. People make mistakes. I can't say how they are going to react or how they are going to feel about me, but I can apologize and let them know every time I step on the field I am giving them 110% effort. We are human, we have feelings and we are just in a situation where we can't do certain things.

Q:

How hard is it as an athlete to not react to what people say?
Vick: I have had so many people say so many things to me on the road and I never let it get to me. I never let it bother me; all it did to me was motivate me. It was a different situation coming from our home fans. I think because we are celebrities and we play this game and we are role models, we have to conduct ourselves in a certain way. We have to understand this is the fishbowl we are in and we have to come out and put on a good show. The fans want to see you win. They want to see you put on a good show, and when you don't, the fans are disappointed and they have the right to say what they want to say. We have to be professionals and shake it off and come back the next week and make them scream, not boo.

Q: What is the relationship between you and the fans?
Vick: Since day one, the city has embraced me. I feel that there is a lot of love for this organization. The 12th man is very important and we need those guys in the dome week in and week out. I have experienced this before. It was just a different situation. It is definitely a learning experience for me. I would have never of thought six years into my career I would do something like that. I sincerely apologize for that. It was very inappropriate and it will never happen again.

Q: Are you concerned with going two straight years without being in the playoffs?
Vick: That is what I am all about. I am all about getting to and playing in the big games. It is a reality check. We are in a situation to where if we don't make the playoffs, it is two consecutive years that we didn't achieve our goal. I am trying to do everything in my power to prevent that. That is why I ran the ball so much yesterday. I had the mindset that I was going to try my best to move the chains and put the ball in the endzone. I put my heart into it yesterday and we still didn't come out with a victory. It is a team game. You have to be clicking on all cylinders and if you don't you are not going to win the game. One guy can't win it, three guys can't win it and nine guys can't win it; it has to be all 22.

Q: Would it be tough on you to learn a new system?
Vick: It would be tough. We have great coaches here. I have gotten used to our staff. I like Coach Mora, from the bottom of my heart. I really enjoy him. He treats us like professionals. It is something I don't want to think about right now. I would rather focus on winning these games and hopefully at the end of the season everyone has a smile on their face. It is possible. We still have a chance.

Hulud
11-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Q: What was said to you to make you react the way you did?
Vick: It wasn't directed towards to me. I think it was directed towards everyone that was walking off the field.
haha told ya!

baaaaazing lol

TeeJay
11-28-2006, 05:09 PM
haha told ya!

baaaaazing lol
we already established that bro, gahdamn let it go!! :2up:

Hulud
11-28-2006, 05:12 PM
we already established that bro, gahdamn let it go!! :2up:
i was jokin around hence the baaaaazing, but whatever man

TeeJay
11-28-2006, 05:13 PM
i was jokin around hence the baaaaazing, but whatever man
i was too man, saul good :goodjob:

Hulud
11-28-2006, 05:16 PM
i was too man, saul good :goodjob:
ok good haha :cheers:

TeeJay
11-28-2006, 05:17 PM
ok good haha :cheers:
:lmfao:

TeeJay
11-28-2006, 05:18 PM
ronaldo in the house

2.0civic
11-28-2006, 05:22 PM
lol at him saying thats not him...anybody i know who has met him agrees that he is an ass in public. he tried to buy a boat one time and got pissed off and bitched out our customer service rep cause his visa got declined. PFFF thats not him.....what an ass.

only qb i know of that can take a first down and make it 3rd and 28

PhAtBoYMr2
11-28-2006, 05:23 PM
I have more respect for vick because he did that...I would have reacted the same way.

2.0civic
11-28-2006, 05:26 PM
I have more respect for vick because he did that...I would have reacted the same way.
meet the guy in real life and you wouldnt have any respect for him. him and his crew came in to my old job like 4 times a month and everytime they did they walked around spitting on the floors, clothes, etc....pretty embarassing when you are caught on 18 cameras spitting on floors around a sporting goods store

TeeJay
11-28-2006, 05:26 PM
lol at him saying thats not him...anybody i know who has met him agrees that he is an ass in public. he tried to buy a boat one time and got pissed off and bitched out our customer service rep cause his visa got declined. PFFF thats not him.....what an ass.

only qb i know of that can take a first down and make it 3rd and 28
DUDE YOUVE TOLD THAT STORY AT LEAST 5 TIMES HAHAHAHA!!! most athletes are assholes though, ive interacted with panthers wr steve smith several times, and hes a jerk too. i saw him in the mall at verizon as well, and he turned down several ppl for autographs, basically acting like he didnt even see them :screwy:

PhAtBoYMr2
11-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Ive meet jamal anderson, chris chandler, and dan reeves....they were all pretty cool with me iv'e got love for my atlanta falcons

TeeJay
11-28-2006, 05:31 PM
antawn jamison used to come into the sports clothing store that my friend managed, hes really cool ppls

2.0civic
11-28-2006, 05:36 PM
jamal is cool as hell. Alge crumpler was at mall of GA a few weeks ago and signed some autographs...hes actually one of the most down to earth falcons people ive seen

TallGuy
11-28-2006, 05:58 PM
I met Vick at the mall of georgia parking lot last year and got him to sign my falcons bumper sticker.. he seemed real cool..

Hulud
11-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Ive meet jamal anderson, chris chandler, and dan reeves....they were all pretty cool with me iv'e got love for my atlanta falcons
was this when they were with the falcons?