PDA

View Full Version : Feelings on the car scene?

bluuuurr
11-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Do you ever get the feeling people judge you and look down on you for your hobby? For instance, when I'm driving my 240sx through my college campus, the looks I get from the "general public" seem mixed between "wow, he must think he's awesome" and "take it back to high school Junior."

I don't rev the piss out of my car, gangsta lean, or scowl at every other car that drives by. But, I'm immediately associated with that crowd the instant I pull out onto the road. The typical car guy, from my perspective, is usually fairly uneducated, short of cash, and too focused on trivial things that won't get him anywhere in life. That's what usually pop's into my head when I see your typical modified car driving like a dickhead.

I mean, if I showed up for an interview in even a heavily modified, super clean Supra or Muscle Car, I don't think I'd be taken seriously as a respectable person. What are everyone elses feelings on this?

Mike Lowrey
11-28-2006, 02:58 PM
No.

240 = civic

~leaves~

R.Kelly
11-28-2006, 03:00 PM
yea i got that alot when i had my srt that had a "whooshy" BOV, but i dont get that in my truck

brads94accord
11-28-2006, 03:00 PM
no offense but you are driving an s13...they aren't the nicest cars on the road to the average joe.

bluuuurr
11-28-2006, 03:02 PM
No.

240 = civic

~leaves~

Your a fucking tool.

bluuuurr
11-28-2006, 03:04 PM
no offense but you are driving an s13...they aren't the nicest cars on the road to the average joe.

I know what I drive. I'm saying, even the nicest civic/s13/mustang whatever is still going to be looked down upon by the general public.

devin
11-28-2006, 03:05 PM
^^its true, fuckin fast and the furious has fucked the whole scene up for everybody.

quickdodge®
11-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Your a fucking tool.

Why is he a tool for being right. Dumbass. The 240 has pretty muched stepped up to the side of the Civic as a dime a dozen. Later, QD.

Mike Lowrey
11-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Your a fucking tool.

~sigh~

Truth hurts, fuktard.

TeeJay
11-28-2006, 03:13 PM
pretty much true, especially after tokyo drift, the 240 is the "in" thing, im glad i got rid of mine before it got that bad

Sammich
11-28-2006, 03:13 PM
No.

240 = civic

~leaves~

:smileowne

bluuuurr
11-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Why is he a tool for being right. Dumbass. The 240 has pretty muched stepped up to the side of the Civic as a dime a dozen. Later, QD.

I meant modified cars in general. This has nothing to do with my goddamn 240.

devin
11-28-2006, 03:18 PM
i understood what you meant, but everybody has to hate on somebody for something on here.

bluuuurr
11-28-2006, 03:18 PM
~sigh~

Truth hurts, fuktard.

The truth is that I certainly hope I'm not trying to pick on kids on the internet when I'm 30+ years old.

Jimmy B
11-28-2006, 03:19 PM
yep.. modded cars = kids... or messicans, and not the cool ones like ricky.. the ones like speedmonkey.. j/k...

but even with my dropped 'burban, i feel looked down on, end a cop called me getto!

im selling, and getting a stock SUV, mabe with wheels... its time to grow up!

quickdodge®
11-28-2006, 03:20 PM
i understood what you meant, but everybody has to hate on somebody for something on here.

So? You're not going to do shit to stop it. Original poster started the "hating" you speak of in here. Later, QD.

SniperJoe
11-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Your a fucking tool.

Ah, the blatherings of someone who doesn't know Rich.

\P.S. It's "you're" not "your". Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Mike Lowrey
11-28-2006, 03:21 PM
The truth is that I certainly hope I'm not trying to pick on kids on the internet when I'm 30+ years old.

Why does it matter how old you are?

Or, are you a 30+ year old with the brains of a child? Explain human.

quickdodge®
11-28-2006, 03:22 PM

It's not picking on them. It's setting them straight. You should listen to people that have actually lived a real life and not go by what you see on CSI. Later, QD.

devin
So? You're not going to do shit to stop it. Original poster started the "hating" you speak of in here. Later, QD.

:thinking: uhhh no, i wasnt planning on trying to stop it......

GIXXERDK
I know what I drive. I'm saying, even the nicest civic/s13/mustang whatever is still going to be looked down upon by the general public.
I look down upon them myself :???:

quickdodge®
11-28-2006, 03:24 PM
:thinking: uhhh no, i wasnt planning on trying to stop it......

Well then don't worry about it. Poster asked for comments, he got one he didn't seem to like and made a dumbass reply to it. The response that Rich gave was in no way intimidating. Later, QD.

bluuuurr
11-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Why does it matter how old you are?

Or, are you a 30+ year old with the brains of a child? Explain human.

For one thing, you've offered nothing to this discussion. You come in here and try to show a stranger up for no apparent reason.

If anyone here has the brains of a child, it's you.

Mike Lowrey
Psst, Stan. Come here and look at this idiot w/ his 240.

thinkfast®
I LOOK DOWN ON RICERS AND MO FOS TRYNA RACE.. ONCE I HAD TO GET OUT MY CAR AT A LIGHT FROM REPEATED MEAN MUGGIN, I SLAPPED HIM AROUND A BIT, HE DIDNT GET OUT HIS CAR THOUGH (GWINNETT IS FULL OF CHUMPS) ANYWAYS THE NEGRO JUST SO HAPPENED TO DRIVE A BEAT DOWN 240, WHATTA WIMP

quickdodge®
11-28-2006, 03:29 PM
For one thing, you've offered nothing to this discussion. You come in here and try to show a stranger up for no apparent reason.

Nah. I believe you overreacted to his reply. Later, QD.

Mike Lowrey
11-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Ah, the blatherings of someone who doesn't know Rich.

\P.S. It's "you're" not "your". Sorry, I couldn't resist.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

bluuuurr
11-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Nah. I believe you overreacted to his reply. Later, QD.

No, I started a thread on modified cars in general. What he replied was a personal attack. I didn't overreact, I just find it really annoying that people have to act like dicks over the internet for no reason.

Mike Lowrey
11-28-2006, 03:35 PM

Actually, I have contributed to the discussion. Please re-read my first post in this thread.

You asked if I felt people look down on me for being in the car scene. My answer was "No". <-----This was my input.

I then added, what we like to call "my opinion". This opinion just happens to be shared by very many others.

That was the part........240 = civic

I hope you have followed along with the above information. If you have gotten lost along the way, please let me know. I will provide cliffs note for you. :goodjob:

Mike Lowrey
11-28-2006, 03:36 PM
I LOOK DOWN ON RICERS AND MO FOS TRYNA RACE.. ONCE I HAD TO GET OUT MY CAR AT A LIGHT FROM REPEATED MEAN MUGGIN, I SLAPPED HIM AROUND A BIT, HE DIDNT GET OUT HIS CAR THOUGH (GWINNETT IS FULL OF CHUMPS) ANYWAYS THE NEGRO JUST SO HAPPENED TO DRIVE A BEAT DOWN 240, WHATTA WIMP

:lmfao:

quickdodge®
11-28-2006, 03:37 PM
No.

240 = civic

~leaves~

Not really seeing the attack. It's a true statement. You overreacted. And it's just as annoying, I guess, to see people get all worked up and serious over people being dicks. Over the Internet. For no reason. Later, QD.

Mike Lowrey
11-28-2006, 03:38 PM
No, I started a thread on modified cars in general. What he replied was a personal attack. I didn't overreact, I just find it really annoying that people have to act like dicks over the internet for no reason.

ALLRIGHT THAT IS ENOUGH! STFU!

THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS SHIT!

quickdodge®
11-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Actually, I have contributed to the discussion. Please re-read my first post in this thread.

You asked if I felt people look down on me for being in the car scene. My answer was "No". <-----This was my input.

I then added, what we like to call "my opinion". This opinion just happens to be shared by very many others.

That was the part........240 = civic

I hope you have followed along with the above information. If you have gotten lost along the way, please let me know. I will provide cliffs note for you. :goodjob:

The only way you could Cliff note your first reply is:

N.

2=C.

Later, QD.

Mike Lowrey
11-28-2006, 03:39 PM

N.

2=C.

Later, QD.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

~The_Duke~
11-28-2006, 03:39 PM

N.

2=C.

Later, QD.

:lmfao:

Hulud
11-28-2006, 03:40 PM
because those are inexpensive cars for the most part

thinkfast®
11-28-2006, 03:48 PM
I WILL NOT HESITATE TO CHOKE SOMEBODY OUT

Mike Lowrey
11-28-2006, 03:55 PM
WHITE POWER!

Kyle
11-28-2006, 04:07 PM
People don't seem to understand the car scene. People can't differentiate people who know what they are doing and ricers. I have friends who called me a ricer. I have a GTI? Just cause my car is loud?

civic95
11-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Why care what other people think?

I mean I think guys that watch every football game possible in a weekend (college+pro) are wasting their time.

I think people that spend $150 to play a round of golf are wasting their money.

As they think I'm wasting my time and money on stupid stuff. But it still boils down to it's their time, and their money. Just like its my time, and my money. People that look down on you for having a hobby different than theirs are not people I'd want to be friends with anyway.

~The_Duke~
11-28-2006, 05:07 PM
As they think I'm wasting my time and money on stupid stuff. But it still boils down to it's their time, and their money. Just like its my time, and my money. People that look down on you for having a hobby different than theirs are not people I'd want to be friends with anyway.

These people are just close minded assholes. Everyone has different hobbies and if you look down someone for doing something other than the thing you do you are a fucking hypocrite...

Julio
11-28-2006, 07:55 PM
You get older. you move on. Not everyone is the same, but thats what it boils down to. Own 2 cars, One for everyday use and the other for your weekend/days of work toy. Simple fix.

You dont see the Older Hot rod guys driving there toy everyday.. only bring them out for car events etc. I have meet old guys that I never knew were into cars.
The older you get, the more you apreciate any hobbies you are into.
Younger people " like to show off " their rice burners and are less passionate..
More to show off then really enjoy it.

But honestly, who really cares? Is your hobby.

wantboost
11-28-2006, 09:13 PM

I mean I think guys that watch every football game possible in a weekend (college+pro) are wasting their time.

^^^^bingo

oh and for the record there are other hobbies that are perceived much worse than this one

bluuuurr
11-28-2006, 10:06 PM
The older you get, the more you apreciate any hobbies you are into.
Younger people " like to show off " their rice burners and are less passionate..
More to show off then really enjoy it.

But honestly, who really cares? Is your hobby.

I think this man said it the best.

Cars and driving are my hobbies and always will be.. but the majority of the punk kids I run into only want to use their cars as cries for attention. I think that sucks.

Z32redondo
11-29-2006, 12:30 AM
I agree. A couple weeks ago i got the cops called on me for getting off and exit doing 60 and going into the right lane and went 70 around a "fellow driver". He said that me and the car following me were street racing and said i was accelerating "at a high rate of speed, due to my exhaust getting louder." Cops pulled up to my house told me what the guy reported, said that the guy said he was going to get out of his car and yell at me. I told them to follow me, cranked my car up,and then they left. They said that it was just my exhaust and I had done nothing wrong...damn straight. I didnt mind at all it just pissed me off that someone would call the 5-0 on my ass for my exhaust getting louder. The thing is its not a high pitched fart can. It actually has a nice deep rumble to it and sounds pretty good. So I guess just because he thought it was fast (not in any way am i saying that it is) and it sounded like it did he suspected that i was just some punk kid racing around. It sucks because it gets attention, sometimes just the wrong kind.

The Green Monster
11-29-2006, 12:40 AM
stock ftw lol

ahmonrah
11-29-2006, 03:16 AM

As they think I'm wasting my time and money on stupid stuff. But it still boils down to it's their time, and their money. Just like its my time, and my money. People that look down on you for having a hobby different than theirs are not people I'd want to be friends with anyway.that i agree with. most people now see a modified anything and assume vin deisel, or the other stars of the series are gonna jump out. but it's no different than my other hobbies. i get funny looks sometimes cause i have an interest in weaponry, from swords/pocket knives, to bombs/airsoft guns. oh well, people have different interests. i like electronics too. building them, and when people learn that, they normally look at me like..:screwy: ...well me and BTEC crakked ourselves up one night talking about that shit.

ahmonrah
11-29-2006, 03:20 AM
after i bought my car, even though it was one i always wanted while growing up, i was a sophmore in HS when the last s13 model was out for '93. but once i got it, BOOM! the f&f series had already done it's damage and either i was asked to race, or pulled over. i just wanted something to drive after getting my last vehicled destroyed. and nothing domestic, but not a civic. errybody had one, now i'm one in a sea of 240's .......oh well. it's mine.

joesblk_teg
11-29-2006, 03:27 AM
daily driver ftw thats what i was doing now im renting a house so no more :(

1SICKLEX
11-29-2006, 03:32 AM
To the OP this is nothing new. Since the car "scene" took off with the youth in the 1950s and 60s, some people hate the car buffs and scene and it is 2006 and people still do.

Some people contribute positively and others have not. In the car scene the negative always gets the publicity, thus people hate it.

The fact might be u dont drive ur 240 crazily but many others do, thus the perception is ur an idiot. The 240 went from kinda an underground enthusiast car to what Rich said, a civic. To me, the perception and image of a 240 owner has gotten worse as its popularity has grown. Thus the weird looks and smirks u get.

But dont worry, it really doesnt matter what u drive people will "hate" and u have 2 deal with it. Rich and I are Lexus driving yuppies, u have ur BMW pricks and ur Mustang mullet drivers. U have suburban SUV driving soccor moms and mid life crisis Corvette owners. All stereotypes, all "perception".

People will always have some shit to say......

ESPECIALLY ON THE INTERNET (Rich and QD got me lmao)

Mike Lowrey
11-29-2006, 05:13 AM
yuppie FTMFW!

lol.

SniperJoe
11-29-2006, 06:49 AM
AE86 Snob here.

\So what if it doesn't run yet, that's being changed.