PDA

View Full Version : anyone familiar with 01 sentra o2 sensors???

stackz
11-28-2006, 11:18 AM
emissions are coming up and we've been putting this off and dont want to get caught....

2001 nissan sentra throwing a bank1 o2 sensor code. bad thing is there is what looks like 4 oxygen sensors all clustered together on the exhaust pipe and I have no way of telling which one is the bad one??

anyone have any advice on this matter?? I hear this is a common problem with these year model sentras chewing through o2 sensors like this so I imagine there's at least a few people on here who might know which one it is??

I just dont wanna start throwing $100 bills at the damn sensors until I hit the right one....got christmas to buy and all :rolleyes:

N/A EK
11-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Try this web. It's all about 01-06 Sentras.

www.TheVboard.com (http://www.thevboard.com/) Good luck bro.

Z U L8R
11-30-2006, 02:31 PM
being that your car is a 4 cylinder there is only 1 bank, if your car had 2 heads then bank 1 would be the head that cylinder 1 is on, and bank 2 would be the other head. bank 1 sensor 1 would be the oxygen sensor BEFORE the catalytic converter, bank 1 sensor 2 would be the o2 sensor on bank 1 that is AFTER the converter

just keep in mind you can get a code and it may say something like , system too lean bank 1, that doesn't mean it's an o2 sensor, it can be don't get me wrong, but o2 sensors monitor and that lean code can be caused by an intake leak or a maf problem, or a dirty injector, or an exhaust leak or whatever. the reason i'm saying this is cause the kids at the parts stores that scan your codes, sell parts. they're not mechanics. so whenever they see the words BANK 1 they're like "must be a bad o2 sensor, our piece of shit $79 scanner won't tell us if it's the upstream or downstream one but we'll sell em both for $XXX" meanwhile you wasted your money on two parts you have to put on yourself or pay someone to put on and it's not even going to fix your problem.

anyways hope that helped, if you're still stuck post again

§treet_§peed
11-30-2006, 02:44 PM
lol i like how you stole a rapers name...